Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss It is making me sick... in the Community Center forums; Glad to hear our buddy Taylor is okay. Did he know when they could return to their home?...
    JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Glad to hear our buddy Taylor is okay. Did he know when they could return to their home?

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    I'm thankful that the only person I know from New Orleans (Taylor) is safe and sound in Baton Rouge! I talked with Taylor again last night and he said they didn't think there was any standing water in their house. I just hope the looters stay out of it!
    Good to hear he and his family are OK!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Has anyone heard from 7th Ave? He was the only one not starred on the list the other day.

gator717 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    My DH and I were discussing this and wondering what other countries' media were saying about this destruction. We heard so much about the tsunami but what are others being shown about our hour of need? Will they show other countries offering a hand to help us? Just a thought-maybe those who are out of the US can help with this info.

I hope that all of the looting gets under control soon before more people get hurt. I agree that martial law should be declared also. This area needs some major help in a hurry.
    This is an article on the various countries that are going to help the US.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,168203,00.html
    UF Alumni: '04 BABA, '06 MAB

Thanks! That is what I was wondering about. It is so nice to hear. Sometimes this type of information is swept under the table.

luciansmommy is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by rvastro
    Some people look for an excuse to riot and loot. I could be anything from a hurricane to the local sports team winning the big game. This makes no sense to me at all.
    I saw on a news report that this black family that has 13 people living in one house came home to asess the damage and the house had a tree through it and if that wasn't bad enough, someone had come in and stole just about everything. Even the lady's poor clothes out of the closet! How sick and twisted is someone for that????!!

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    I'll tell you what I don't understand, there is a shelter in Atlanta that had about 150 people in there yesterday but, sometime around midnight, about 90 people left and are going back ti N.O. What are they thinking ? They are trying to get people out...not in!
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Who would want to go back to a place where there is no food, no water, no bathrooms, it smells horrid, and there are no jobs and people are shooting each other. That does not sound fun to me. The no food, no water and no bathrooms reminds me of camping(*gets the shivers).

PigletIsMyCat is offline A-Ticket holder
    I just read through this whole thread and have a few things to throw in:
    Agreed with the looting thing. Looting for food at a time like this is one thing. Breaking into jewelry stores is another. Also, our media seems determined to continue reporting the citizens of NO are basically lawless idiots to the point where emergency rescue crews are afraid to go in! Would any of you go there to help if you were being told they are shooting at military helicopters, raping and beating each other, and accosting journalists for food/water?

I would also like to point out that I am HEAVILY editing my post to try and not offend too many people. Short version is me wondering what these people were still doing in NO after a mandatory evacuation, and wondering if some of the 'blame' for their situation lies with them.

Someone mentioned the ecological ramifications of this. Right off the bat, most of NO is going to be totally uninhabitable for a long period of time. There is worry of crocs and poisonous animals being confused and wandering among humans. Now, I would consider myself a horrible person, and am anticipating alot of flack for this next series of statements, but here goes:
    Mother Nature takes care of herself. That which is temporal will be washed away. Sometimes, the Earth takes care of overpopulation in its own way.

There. These are the statements of a tree hugging dirt worshipper who beleives that we are all living on stolen land and wishes that mice really were as big as Mickey.
    ::puts on raingear to help shield herself from the tomatoes::

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by PigletIsMyCat
    I just read through this whole thread and have a few things to throw in:
    Agreed with the looting thing. Looting for food at a time like this is one thing. Breaking into jewelry stores is another. Also, our media seems determined to continue reporting the citizens of NO are basically lawless idiots to the point where emergency rescue crews are afraid to go in! Would any of you go there to help if you were being told they are shooting at military helicopters, raping and beating each other, and accosting journalists for food/water?

I would also like to point out that I am HEAVILY editing my post to try and not offend too many people. Short version is me wondering what these people were still doing in NO after a mandatory evacuation, and wondering if some of the 'blame' for their situation lies with them.

Someone mentioned the ecological ramifications of this. Right off the bat, most of NO is going to be totally uninhabitable for a long period of time. There is worry of crocs and poisonous animals being confused and wandering among humans. Now, I would consider myself a horrible person, and am anticipating alot of flack for this next series of statements, but here goes:
    Mother Nature takes care of herself. That which is temporal will be washed away. Sometimes, the Earth takes care of overpopulation in its own way.

There. These are the statements of a tree hugging dirt worshipper who beleives that we are all living on stolen land and wishes that mice really were as big as Mickey.
    ::puts on raingear to help shield herself from the tomatoes::

nicely put....

PigletIsMyCat is offline A-Ticket holder
    ::surprised at the 'non-lynching'::

Edit: Ergh, Lori I read your profile and where in NY are you? And you are exactly one day older than my hubby!

Piglet-no tomatoes will be thrown from my direction! Even the FEMA director said the people who stayed are partially to blame. Sad it is happening, yes. Sad about the looting, yes. Wondering what the next media frenzy will be over. May God bless those who are helping and those who are in need.

No tomatoes from this direction either! You will not find much of that on this site...it's a very friendly atmosphere and people are free to express themselves (as long as one of our own isn't being attacked, then we tend to jump in and protect! ) All I know is that my heart aches for those people who wanted to get out of there and were not able to whether it be because of physical or financial restraints or whatever the reason may have been. Hearing about the elderly and the babies that are dying from dehydration just breaks my heart.....

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    All of this breaks my heart. I hate to see people suffering for any reason and then people taking advantage just makes me mad on top of sad!

I just sit here in wonder with our tv that is supposed to show business announcements, it is on fox news all day and think about, hmmmm, 9/11. I know I know, why?! Well, all major US cities were supposed to have disaster recovery plans in place....where was the one for NOLA? I just see one thing falling apart after another.

I not only hate it for those people, but for the city and the history of that place. I love New Orleans and I hate it that it is gone and so many people have not had a chance to discover its richness in history, art and music.....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    All of this breaks my heart. I hate to see people suffering for any reason and then people taking advantage just makes me mad on top of sad!

I just sit here in wonder with our tv that is supposed to show business announcements, it is on fox news all day and think about, hmmmm, 9/11. I know I know, why?! Well, all major US cities were supposed to have disaster recovery plans in place....where was the one for NOLA? I just see one thing falling apart after another.

I not only hate it for those people, but for the city and the history of that place. I love New Orleans and I hate it that it is gone and so many people have not had a chance to discover its richness in history, art and music.....
    I totally agree. . . . what if this had been a terrorist attack? A nuclear bomb, biological warfare, etc. . . . I'm sure similar evacuation and rescue/relief efforts would be necessary. Would the response be different if it would have been a sudden attack without warning for those with the :$$:money to leave to do so? I personally believe the response would have been much swifter and more organized. An example of discrimination not by race, but by class? Probably.

I also mourn for the loss of the history of New Orleans. . . . I used to live near Shreveport, LA and I have some great memories of trips I took to New Orleans with my buddies before I was married. . . . But what happens in New Orleans stays in New Orleans!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast