Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
General Discussions Discuss It is making me sick... in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs Just saw this link: http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/06/int...ows/index.html Thanks! Thanks Snow finally glad to see some postive stuff come out of this horrible mess....
    JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs

Thanks Snow finally glad to see some postive stuff come out of this horrible mess.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

PigletIsMyCat is offline A-Ticket holder
    Nicely said, JLTraveling, but I still stand by what I said. And, no, I am not one of those rich daddy's girls from NY. My family has never been above the poverty level until the last couple of years, when my grandparents passed away and left my mother enough money to buy her first house at 45. I have lived in a one bedroom apartment with my mother and little brother, I have lived in my car, and I have lived in a one bedroom basement apartment with FIVE other women while on welfare. I have never been financially comfortable enough to just say 'hey, let's go on vacation' or 'hey, let's go shopping' or even 'hey, let's go to red lobster' without checking and re-checking my budget for the next couple of weeks. But if I was told to evacuate Long Island by one of the two bridges that go to the mainland, I would do everything in my power to get away. And I don't even have credit cards to max out for this hypothetical evacuation.

I cannot say that I have ever had to be evacuated, but I can say that I have lived through my fair share of poop and am prepared to be off and running with what I can carry, and I just cannot understand why others would risk their health, safety, even lives (and lives of their children/loved ones) to hang onto memories or possessions.

And I gratefully accept those tomatoes for being able to state my opinion

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    If there's another thread where this is being addressed, please point me there,... has anyone heard from our members in New Orleans?

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

rvastro is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Still have not heard from a friend of mine that lives in Greta, LA. He is on another board with me and I hope and pray he is okay.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian-nc.com
    If there's another thread where this is being addressed, please point me there,... has anyone heard from our members in New Orleans?
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...9&page=3&pp=40

Yes, some of them have checked in with others or have with that thread.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder
    They (my school district) are talking about making school for us only 4 days next week and just making the days longer, because gas around here is running low, and we're running low on money to put gas in the the "cheese wagons"
    Last edited by Princess Sarah; 09-07-2005 at 09:35 PM.
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Just as an aside and two points for perhaps food for thought....

1. although Andrew works 60 hours a week, had we been on the Gulf Coast, we would not have been able to afford to get out (his paycheck this week was less than our rent)

2. My daughter is dependent on electricity and medical supplies for her very life as am I. If we were in NOLA, she and I would most likely be among the dead right now.....
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Sorry, didn't mean to shut the thread down with my post...
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I don't think you did!
    It is amazing how much we rely on electricity for our lives

Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder
    We now have 5 evacuee students enrolled in Aiken County, dozens more right across the river in Georgia, and I hope they keep coming. We had a discussion in about Katrina pyschology, I started crying. Best wishes to everyone affected!
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    More good news and bad news regarding personal impact from Katrina. The good news, my dear friend and priest who lives in the Quarter has been located and is doing well. He's still in the Quarter, high and dry with enough food and water to last at least 60 days. I was extremely worried, as he's older and prone to infections, so I was quite relieved to hear that he's okay.

In not so good news, I just read an article on nola.com about my old neighborhood in mid-City. Apparently my street is underwater up to the attics. None of my neighbors evacuated last year for Ivan, so I have little reason to believe that they would have evacuated this time around. Also, my next door neighbor's family lives in the devestated 9th ward. Please send prayers and pixie dust.

Still waiting on word regarding my storage unit in Kenner. The news keeps saying that Kenner is devastated, but I know Taylor's house survived amazingly well (Taylor, I am so thrilled for you!!!) So I'm trying to keep the faith.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567