Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
General Discussions Discuss How much are you paying?? in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by Jacks Sally I live in Michigan and We found a place that was $2.99 today and down the street it was $3.35 Hey Jacks Sally....I live in ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacks Sally
    I live in Michigan and
    We found a place that was $2.99 today
    and down the street it was $3.35
    Hey Jacks Sally....I live in Michigan too! I am dying to know where you found it for $2.99!!!!! What a steal! (isn't that sad that we think that is good!? )

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    Okay, oil has been taken from the reserves. EPA lifted their regulations. Will this help? Do you think you will see prices go down anytime soon?
    Snwht,

The problem is distribution, not supply. Releasing oil from the Stragic Petroleum Reserve does no good since 2 of the 4 refineries that produce gasoline are shut down due to the hurricane. The supply is there, just sitting at the end of the pipeline. The problem is the pipelines that serve the eastern part of the US are only operating at about 50% right now. They hope to have them near 100% by the end of the week. Hopefully we will start to see a drop in gas prices by then. I doubt it though. The thing that needs to happen now is the refinery companies need to get their plants fully operational so we don't have another shortage once the current supply runs low.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Prices here seem to have stabilized at $2.90 in Kissimmee, with some stations at $2.88.
    Of course, Lake Buena Vista has been above $3 for almost a week.

Off the subject a little: This is 2005. . . . shouldn't we have something better than improved versions of the same engines we had in 1945?
    Look at how computers have evolved drastically since then. . . . why not transportation?
    Maybe I'll ask Grumpydude.
    Last edited by shadesofgreen; 09-03-2005 at 10:44 AM.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    I forgot to put what I have paid this week. 3 cars, all on E by Monday morning. Filled the Mustang Monday on the way to work at $2.59. Filled the Miata on the way to work on Wednesday at the same station at $2.99. Filled the van at the same station on Thursday and paid $3.29! Gotta love price gouging. (I know, not as bad as ATL, but still rediculous!!)
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddBreakey
    Snwht,

The supply is there, just sitting at the end of the pipeline. The problem is the pipelines that serve the eastern part of the US are only operating at about 50% right now. They hope to have them near 100% by the end of the week. Hopefully we will start to see a drop in gas prices by then. I doubt it though. The thing that needs to happen now is the refinery companies need to get their plants fully operational so we don't have another shortage once the current supply runs low.

That makes a lot of sense. BTW-I paid $2.86 in Lubbock today. Everywhere else in West Texas seems to be sitting between $2.95 and $2.99 with some above that.

Next question is: will the beginning to make winter gasoline help the situation any? Is that "easier" to make? Why would that even be an issue?

I don't know that much about gas production other than what beans do to my boys.

Cameo is offline And the voila... you've got a Figment!
    Riding my tricycle around the parking lot
    A word to the wise.... if you have a Costco membership, and your friendly Costco location sells gas, buy it there. I'm in Orlando and although all of the local stations are $3, give or take about 5 cents, for regular, I filled my tank today at $2.69 a gallon. Woo-hoo!!!!
    ~Sarah~

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

"Tom Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    It's $2.99 and $3.19 right outside of Celebration, FL.

Down I-Drive it's about the same, some a little more though.
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

Prices have stabilized between $2.89 for cheap gas at Wal-Mart or RaceTrac to $2.99 at most other places in Kissimmee, give or take a penny or two.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    In answer to your post from earlier on, shadesofgreen, we're currently at about 1 a litre of so, but this will probably rise overnight. That's about $0.60, however I'm not too sure about converting litres into gallons...

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Razzi is offline B-Ticket Holder
    About 4 liters to a gallon.

I paid 3.29 on Sat. for gas, I went to NJ figuring it would be cheaper but it wasn't.
    Don't frown because it's over, Smile because it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by 20K
    In answer to your post from earlier on, shadesofgreen, we're currently at about 1 a litre of so, but this will probably rise overnight. That's about $0.60, however I'm not too sure about converting litres into gallons...
    That's not much less than we are currently paying here. . . . Have your prices gone up recently or is that the usual cost?

It's interesting to learn these useless little things about other countries you can't really read in books!

AidansDad is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Has anyone heard about the short-term future of prices? Is this supposed to be a continuing trend, or is it supposed to level off soon, or maybe even drop some?
    It's been too long!!!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345