Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss MJM Update in the Community Center forums; Hi All......we are here. Praying that this doesn't jinx it, but MJ is scheduled (for the 5th time, I think) to have her Speech evaluation tomorrow at 3 pm. Speech ...
    MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle

MJM Update

Hi All......we are here. Praying that this doesn't jinx it, but MJ is scheduled (for the 5th time, I think) to have her Speech evaluation tomorrow at 3 pm. Speech therapy is critical for her, if we can't get communicating better with her, we will eventually reach a stage where we can't get any further with her due to communications issues. We are also oping to hear from a new OT soon (her current one isn't working for a variety of reasons)

Mike is working on settling in, there are bumps in the road like with any roomate situation, but we are trying to work through it.

MJ is having some reactions to her meds so we may have to change some of them, sigh. She will be going in for her MRI and EEG on the 30th, she will need general anesthesia for this which always makes me a mess.....you'd think I'd get used to it by now, but I never do.

As always, thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

We have been watching the coverage of the Gulf Coast in shock for four days and realize that as hard as things are for us, they could be SO much worse...our prayers go out to everyone in this region.

I will get pics from this weekend and pics of her pin boards up as soon as I can (Andrew is rearranging her pin boards right now.) I'll also update her character list (all on her blog)
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Prayers and thoughts are coming your way.
    Izzy

Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM

We have been watching the coverage of the Gulf Coast in shock for four days and realize that as hard as things are for us, they could be SO much worse...our prayers go out to everyone in this region.
    I cannot tell you how often I tell myself that things can always be worse. Sometimes it's hard to be grateful for what you have, been in the realm of things....usually what you have is much better than most!

Bonny, you know that I am always thinking of you guys and praying for you!

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Just remember Bonny, God will only give you what he knows you can handle, and no more. Pixie Dust being dropped your way .
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    You will have my prayers....

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Good luck today! I will be thinking of you both.

rvastro is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I will try to pick everyone up tommorow when we meet up. Well, not physically pick up-but you get the point!

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Hi all, we're home from the Speech Eval....it was a bit rough and she scored a lot lower than I thought she would...which means more therapy sessions a week and begs the questions of how much she will improve overall. She has always been ahead of the game on recpetive communication (what she understands) and waaay behind on communicative (what she can tell us) She is still way behind on communicative (1 1/2 years old she tests at) but her receptive is also at 1 1/2 years too.....Much lower than I expected. This means that she will need therapy 3 times a week (Which is 180.00 a month in co pays....sigh) and more than that in stress and wear on her...... All in all, I am a bit depressed about it...I wish the news was better, I always seem to forget how far she is behind until we are around other kids or until she is tested for something.
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

luciansmommy is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    Hi All......we are here. Praying that this doesn't jinx it, but MJ is scheduled (for the 5th time, I think) to have her Speech evaluation tomorrow at 3 pm. Speech therapy is critical for her, if we can't get communicating better with her, we will eventually reach a stage where we can't get any further with her due to communications issues. We are also oping to hear from a new OT soon (her current one isn't working for a variety of reasons)

Mike is working on settling in, there are bumps in the road like with any roomate situation, but we are trying to work through it.

MJ is having some reactions to her meds so we may have to change some of them, sigh. She will be going in for her MRI and EEG on the 30th, she will need general anesthesia for this which always makes me a mess.....you'd think I'd get used to it by now, but I never do.

As always, thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

I will get pics from this weekend and pics of her pin boards up as soon as I can (Andrew is rearranging her pin boards right now.) I'll also update her character list (all on her blog)
    MommytoMJM,
    Have they tried teaching her sign language? I am teaching my son and everyone thinks that it will set a child behind, it actually helps them connect the sign to the word and object.....End result, making pathways in the brain create themselves and helps to exercise the brain and develop smarter. I swear I am not making this up!! But I am not sure all of what is wrong in MJs case. I figured maybe it would be a connection that might help! Best of luck and all my prayers with your family!! She looks like such a sweet child and such a blessing to you guys!! Just hang on Bonny!! God gave her to you for a reason and He is behind you every step of the way in life! You are doing unto Him by having such a loving heart to give her a chance!! Just hang onto your baby and love her all you can!!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Hey Bonny thinking of you guys and the Little one of course. Sending pixie dust and prayer to you guys.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Always in our thoughts and prayers!
    They call me "Nana"

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    As always you will all be in my thoughts and prayers, Bonny. More and coming your way...
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!