Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss I need some help from the DWT Family in the Community Center forums; Ok here is the story: I'm 19 and have been single, well have never been in a relationship. There was a 1 month thing in high school (which lead to ...
    Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland

I need some help from the DWT Family

Ok here is the story:

I'm 19 and have been single, well have never been in a relationship. There was a 1 month thing in high school (which lead to a VERY UNEASY peck of a kiss) but that is it. Well here is where i need help, I am in a math class and sit next to this girl and we tak a little before class and a little after UNTIL the third class and then we talked our normal little before and then 1.5 hours after!!! We then did a study group thing for this class and got through all we needed to for a test, and understood it too, and then we started to talk. WE TALKED FOR 3 HOURS. and it wasn't boring or uncomfotable or anything. She LOVES Disney. So I offered to use a Cast Pass on Sunday, well since then I have discovered that we have a LOT in common and I don't know how to ask her if she wants to take the next step. I think that we could have a LONG term relationship and maybe even more. I am not looking for a one week of college romance, I do have my morals (marriage and such). I really like the time that I have spent with her (which is class and a few extra hours of study/talk group). I just don't know how to go about asking her. PLEASE HELP ME.

All the best,
    Summer Sun
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Errr, ok next step meaning kissing or meaning going steady? (Am I showing my age?)
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

And will I get to meet her Sunday?
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    Hey there! It sounds like you're on the next step.

All you need to do now is take it outside the school. Ask her for dinner and a movie or something. You could always do something smaller and just have lunch. There are so many ways to do this, and I think you're doing very good thus far.

Just be yourself, that's the main idea. See how she feels for you, let her know how you feel (but don't tell her you want to have kids, get married, etc because that might scare her).

Good luck with it all, and I hope you can start a beautiful relationship here.

Also, if you two go to WDW sometime (down the road of course) I'd love to meet you two.

You might want to show her this site sometime later as well (not right away though, or she could find this). LOL
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    Errr, ok next step meaning kissing or meaning going steady? (Am I showing my age?)
    Bonnie, I think he means taking the step towards starting a relationship.
    *SCOTT*

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    lol Bonny - you are showing your age

(jk)

YEah she will be there on Sunday and Steady....not ready for kissing yet and I DO NOT want to push this too fast. We will be at WDW on Sunday and she will be there I was thinking about getting into this conversation sometime during the day, maybe before Wishes?
    Last edited by Summer Sun; 09-16-2005 at 10:46 PM.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years

Sounds like you are already off to a good start! And with Disney in common that's always a good ice breaker! Always remember that honesty is the best policy and I believe that it's best to lay all your cards on the table....that way you at least know where you stand and do not get too invested if it isn't a mutal thing. Good luck and keep us posted!

Well, this is Disney!!!!! PIN HER!!! Seriously, pick a cool pin, get to her in front of the castle after Wishes and Pin her! (Can't wait to meet you both!)

Well, this is Disney!!!!! PIN HER!!! Seriously, pick a cool pin, get to her in front of the castle after Wishes and Pin her! (Can't wait to meet you both!)
    LMAO!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    then take it slow and take small steps

you'll know when its right

Scotty gave great advice

dont rush it or push it ...

lunch or coffee (tea) is a good start outside of school

(i met my husband in college and I loved his "little boy" charm .. the first present he gave me was a little box of frosted flakes ..lol... cereal can do the trick
    and we've been married for 28 years)

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Sun
    YEah she will be there on Sunday and Steady....not ready for kissing yet and I DO NOT want to push this too fast. We will be at WDW on Sunday and she will be there I was thinking about getting into this conversation sometime during the day, maybe before Wishes?
    Before Wishes is an excellent idea.

I know Wishes holds a special meaning to Melissa and I for more than one reason, and because of those, I think it would be perfect to propose to her during it...but then again, I've got many ideas that I want to do with this!

All I know is that we're having a Disney World wedding!
    *SCOTT*

Quote Originally Posted by WDWScottieBoy
    All I know is that we're having a Disney World wedding!
    Are her parents aware of this?!?!? :$$:

Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    then take it slow and take small steps

you'll know when its right

Scotty gave great advice

dont rush it or push it ...

lunch or coffee (tea) is a good start outside of school

(i met my husband in college and I loved his "little boy" charm .. the first present he gave me was a little box of frosted flakes ..lol... cereal can do the trick
    and we've been married for 28 years)
    Melissa and I met in college, it was my first full semester as well. I had my eye on her since the first day, no joke. I always watched her during class (not stalkerish though), and would wait for her after class so I could try to walk by her. It took me almost 4 months to get the courage to talk to her though, and on March 29, we had a group project in class, and I asked her to join my group. Well we didn't finish, and I invited her over to my house that night so we could finish it. Well...I guess as they say, the rest is history. It was love at first sight for both of us, and we started right into the relationship (dating) on March 29. We just knew it, we could feel the love between us, there's just everything in our relationship, and she is the most perfect person for me in the world.

So...I think you've got great potential here!
    *SCOTT*

Haha Congrats....
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast