Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss How do I start it off right? in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS Hey my second suggestion is still up for grabs. One good whack in the noggin and hey he wakes up on the POTC. Yes I'm on ...
    SecondStar is offline Why is the rum gone?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    Hey my second suggestion is still up for grabs. One good whack in the noggin and hey he wakes up on the POTC.

Yes I'm on the male bashing today
    Oh right, knock him cuckoo so he can't complain about lines/weather/rides/etc. Awesome idea! Still would like him to actually be able to REMEMBER the parks though! LOL
    : Stephanie:

this is what dreams are made of

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Okay if he really needs to remember I say just take him to the Magic Kingdom and let him pick whatever he wants. Just be understanding and don't make faces if he pick something that you may not like. I did that and the BF was like what's the problem what's that face for. I'm sure you know the old 20 questions. You want a stress free,arguement free trip. So my best suggestion is just bend a little and I mean just a little and don't let him pull the old whatever you want to do thing on you.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    Okay if he really needs to remember I say just take him to the Magic Kingdom and let him pick whatever he wants. Just be understanding and don't make faces if he pick something that you may not like. I did that and the BF was like what's the problem what's that face for. I'm sure you know the old 20 questions. You want a stress free,arguement free trip. So my best suggestion is just bend a little and I mean just a little and don't let him pull the old whatever you want to do thing on you.

Well, we MIGHT be generous and let him do that, but he's the 5th wheel on this trip. We've been goin to WDW since forever and know exactly how to get around and what to do. Aw, I wish I were going for the first time again... standing in the middle of main street, blocking the people trying to get where they're going while I look at my map and figure out which way to go.. Oh, good times.. good times!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondStar
    Ok, I am very very excited about being able to bring my boyfriend along on my WDW trip in November since he has NEVER been before. I want this to be a memorable and magical experience for him. So how do I start it off right?

I'm trying to think of ways to get him excited.

And I'm trying to think of what ride to get him on first.

I know I'll take him to the Magic Kingdom on our first day. He wants to go to Epcot instead though. Wants to ride Test Track. I firmly told him that since he has NEVER EVER been, he HAS to go to MK first! Plus, its tradition. We always go to MK on the first day of our trip.

So what do you guys think would be the best ride to get him on first thing in the morning, to start his vacation off right?? Splash Mountain, POTC, HM? Gimme ideas folks!

oh, and his all time favorite character is Donald, so I was thinking maybe me & my little sister would take him to a character breakfast one day that week!
    Since he has never been before I think his reaction to going to the MK first is probably just a defense mechanism so that he will not cry in front of you when he is overtaken by the magic of the MK. Go to EPCOT first and ease him into the real magic of Disney the second day.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondStar
    Oh right, knock him cuckoo so he can't complain about lines/weather/rides/etc. Awesome idea! Still would like him to actually be able to REMEMBER the parks though! LOL
    Ahem, that is what pictures are for!
    I say head down Main Street and walk through the Castle. Take in all the Magic, head for Fantasyland and see Mickey's Philharmagic!!! What an awesome 4d movie and hey, Donald.
    If you go to Toontown, try the afternoon during the parade or right before.
    Donald's breafastaursaurus or however you spell it, at the animal kingdom was a lot of fun!!
    GOOD LUCK!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Different view.. start with the classics... head down Main Street, make a left into Adventureland and take in the sights and sounds. Ride POTC. Head towards Frontierland and hit Splash/BTMRR (one with fastpass)... then mosey (you ARE in Frontierland, so you HAVE to mosey) through liberty Square, again pointing out all the little details, smells, etc. Then hit the HM, followed by the classic Fantasyland attractions like IASW, Peter Pan (personal fave), etc. Grab some lunch and then hit the biggies in Tomorrowland. Catch the parade, dinner, fireworks, shopping at night and enjoy a nice ferry/monorail ride home.

Oh, and please take me with you.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    OK, you gave me a plan for you....
    You mentioned C o P...so, how about this....head there first, after walking him down Main Street. It is a good "intro" to the park that Walt built, and that way, it isn't a "let-down" if you do it later. So, on your way to C o P, stop and pick up a fastpass for you guys for Space mountain. Do C o P, then taking him on Buzz and maybe the TTA until your fastpass time. Then, do Space Mountain. Then, go to Fantasyland, get a fastpass if you need to for Peter Pan or Philharmagic. Do the teacups, Pooh, Peter Pan (of course, girl!!!) and PhilHarmagic, so he can see his buddy Donald as a star! OK, so there is my two cents.
    But Jedi has a point-clubbing him over the head and dragging him to what you want is a fine plan, unless his is too heavy to drag!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    Since he has never been before I think his reaction to going to the MK first is probably just a defense mechanism so that he will not cry in front of you when he is overtaken by the magic of the MK. Go to EPCOT first and ease him into the real magic of Disney the second day.

*GASP* eeeek! you mean break tradition! oh no no no no no no no... besides, what would mother say?

Have to go to MK first. Just HAVE to.

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    ...then mosey (you ARE in Frontierland, so you HAVE to mosey) through liberty Square....
    Oh, and please take me with you.

Well, we oughtta be good at the whole mosey'n thang. I mean, we are from Texas and mosey'n is all we do around here

As far as taking you with me Lou, how easily do you fit into an overhead baggage compartment, hmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    But Jedi has a point-clubbing him over the head and dragging him to what you want is a fine plan, unless his is too heavy to drag!

Well, I may bring my handy dandy nightstick with me, just for ya'll

I'll knock him out once for Jedi & once for Dissy. And then maybe I'll start clubbing people who are infront of me in line.. knocking people out left and right... keep the lines short, ya know?

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    You're a wonderful person to take your boyfriend there, I LOVED my first trip with my girlfriend to WDW (but not my first ever trip there) and will never forget it. We have now been there together two times, with many MANY more to come once she moves down here in May.

I don't know which way to have you go, SM is always a good start, but so is heading towards PotC and JC.
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

Quote Originally Posted by WDWScottieBoy
    You're a wonderful person to take your boyfriend there, I LOVED my first trip with my girlfriend to WDW (but not my first ever trip there) and will never forget it. We have now been there together two times, with many MANY more to come once she moves down here in May.

I don't know which way to have you go, SM is always a good start, but so is heading towards PotC and JC.

Wonderful? Me? Nahhh

Well, I'm taking him for multiple reasons.

A.) He's never been before

B.) He REALLY needs to get away from his job & take a vacation

C.) Its my favorite place in the whole world & I wanna share it with the guy I love

D.) I went without him in May and felt like I couldn't enjoy myself as much as I wanted to because I missed him so much... sappy, I know, but true

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I'd probably do MK towards the end of the trip because many first timers do MK first so they expect the rest of the parks to be like MK...sometimes they are disappointed with Epcot, MGM, and AK. If he wants to start with Epcot, then why not? Or you could do MK first and last for your trip, like a sandwich.

You can start new traditions any time, and nothing is forcing you to continue old traditions.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella
    I'd probably do MK towards the end of the trip because many first timers do MK first so they expect the rest of the parks to be like MK...sometimes they are disappointed with Epcot, MGM, and AK. If he wants to start with Epcot, then why not? Or you could do MK first and last for your trip, like a sandwich.

You can start new traditions any time, and nothing is forcing you to continue old traditions.
    Its only tradition cause MK is my favorite park.. and mom's, and my sister's... we're all too antsy to put it off till the end!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Hey Secondstar all joking a side just go and have a great time with him and don't feel sappy about having missed him when you went down without him. Because I felt the same way and that was one main reason why I took my BF down without the kids.

Then again like I said a good ole knock up side the head wouldn't hurt either. Sorry I've been on such a roll why stop now

But seriously just enjoy showing him around your favorite place in the whole world. If he a great guy I'm sure he's going to love it.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast