Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Tim Burton's Corpes Bride in the Community Center forums; Okay, for all of you who have seen this movie, how is it? I thought Nightmare Before Christmas was adorable, Willy Wonka just creepy, how's the latest? Is it worth ...
    BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!

Tim Burton's Corpes Bride

Okay, for all of you who have seen this movie, how is it?

I thought Nightmare Before Christmas was adorable, Willy Wonka just creepy, how's the latest? Is it worth the money?
    Izzy

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    This is one of those flicks that represents everything you either love or hate about Tim Burton. Weird, morbid, funny at times, a bit heartbreaking at others, but it all turned out pretty well in the end.

I for one thought it was great. If you have someone special, this is a real good one to watch with them, and hold their hand.
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Hello BelleGurl!

How are ya? Thanks for starting this thread. I was just about to post my own review thread of the Corpse Bride when I saw you had already begun one. TNBC is of course my most favorite Burton movie and I thought Charlie was equally awesome. As for the Corpse Bride,
    I LOVED IT!

I went to see it this weekend with my whole family (Mom, Dad, sis, & bro) and my fiance Jen, and we all enjoyed it very much. Like Conceited Ape said if you love Burton movies you'll more than likely enjoy Corpse Bride a lot, but if you don't... Well, we won't discuss not liking Tim Burton, it's something I can't even imagine. The movie was a little morbid in parts, but in all it had a very good love story. I was glad my fiance and I saw it together because it was nice to hold hands and enjoy this creepy love flick.

In all, I say go see it! And it's definitely worth the money! I'm going to see it again with Jen's sister this weekend, hopefully. I saw Charlie three times in the theater and didn't mind paying to see it (and I'm not one to spend money on seeing a lot of movies in theaters) and I won't mind paying to see Corpse Bride again at all.

~PumpkinJack81
    Last edited by PumpkinJack81; 09-26-2005 at 08:39 AM.
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81
    you love Burton movies you'll more than likely enjoy Corpse Bride a lot, but if you don't... Well, we won't discuss not liking Tim Burton, it's something I can't even imagine.
    Imagine it.....

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    Imagine it.....
    No, no, don't make me! Hee hee hee
    ~Bobby Jack

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Can we say.... Necrophilia!!!

Oh my! No, it's nothing like that.
    ~Bobby Jack

Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    Can we say.... Necrophilia!!!
    lol....you do have to wonder about this man don't you??? That's Tim Burton I'm speaking of...not you Bobby. Although...you do seem to idolize him a bit much

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    lol....you do have to wonder about this man don't you??? That's Tim Burton I'm speaking of...not you Bobby. Although...you do seem to idolize him a bit much
    Thanks Melissa! Tim's just Tim and this movie is another masterpiece by him, à laTNBC's stop-motion animation. And I wouldn't say I idolize Mr. Burton as much as I'm just obsessed with his movies.
    ~Bobby Jack

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I enjoyed the film. However, I was very disappointed in the music for this film...as I was for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I loved Danny Elfman's other tunes, but I felt let down by him this year.

I am a musicals fan, and almost always if I enjoy the music I leave the theatre with some of the tunes in my head. I didn't this time. I can barely remember the melodies. And the choruses were difficult to understand the lyrics...in both films. Did they mess up the sound mixing or something?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I really love Tim Burton and can't wait to go see this movie with my friend (who loves Tim Burton a lot more than me).
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    me and a btunch of my friends love tim burtons movies i loved CatCF and NBC and corpse bride was another of his great films so it is worth seeing
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella
    I enjoyed the film. However, I was very disappointed in the music for this film...as I was for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I loved Danny Elfman's other tunes, but I felt let down by him this year.

I am a musicals fan, and almost always if I enjoy the music I leave the theatre with some of the tunes in my head. I didn't this time. I can barely remember the melodies. And the choruses were difficult to understand the lyrics...in both films. Did they mess up the sound mixing or something?
    Although I can't recall (at least at the moment) any of the lyrics from Corpse Bride, I know I went away from Charlie singing many of the songs. And once my brother got me the soundtrack for Charlie I loved the music even more. I enjoyed the music for Corpse Bride too, some of the songs sounded very victorian. In fact, I looked for the soundtrack yesterday when I was running errands, but did not find it. As for the sound mixing I'm not sure about that at all.
    ~Bobby Jack

Quote Originally Posted by hillo
    I really love Tim Burton and can't wait to go see this movie with my friend (who loves Tim Burton a lot more than me).
    And I love you both!
    ~Bobby Jack

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    i have the charlie and the chocolate factory cd,willy wonkas jacket,his top hat,his sunglasses,the tv room goggles so you can say i loved the movie

for corpse bride i cant find the soundtrack yet but i found this http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/corpsebride_player/
    its the soundtrack
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast