Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Wish me luck DWT Family. in the Community Center forums; Well I thought it was about time to share this with my DWT Family. Today I'm on my way to a second job interview with a great company. Just a ...
    JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO

Wish me luck DWT Family.

Well I thought it was about time to share this with my DWT Family. Today I'm on my way to a second job interview with a great company. Just a little back story.

At the beginning of last year after I was laid off from my job of over 4 years. A job I thought I would retire from. Well be that as it may when that happen I have not been unable to find permanent employment anywhere. So three weeks after being laid off from my job ( job I loved btw) I started to do temp work which I have never done in all of my working adult life. Now there nothing wrong with being a temp the money is great and the hours are great. It the whole no job security that bothers me. I'm sure everyone knows that with any contract work or temp work they can let you go at anytime. Now I have been on this current contract position since January of this year. Now this was only suppose to be for 6 months but as you can see it been nine months and fast approaching a year with no offer of bringing me on full time. The problem is most companies now a days don't want to give their employees benefits so what they do is get temporary employees to do the work and just paid the agencies the money. It ashame because I have seen companies lose really good employees just because they don't want to bring a person on full time. Oh well I didn't start this to bash the company I work for because I happen to love working here. Problem is I have a family and I need a permanent job and they are not going to bring me on as an employee I asked. I'm basically here to help transition this plant to another country. Yes another American company moving to another country because they don't want to paid American salaries and they think it is cheaper to manufacture out of the country. That is one of the reasons why I was laid off. I was told I was being paid to much money for what I did when in fact when I took the job I took a huge cut in paid with the agreement that I would be back there with in 1-2 years of employment and that didn't happen until my last year and whamo laid off. Anyway I have really strong opinions on Americans losing their jobs to other countries and that's not why I started this thread.

Like I said I have a second interview today and it looks goods. The first person I spoke to really was impressed with me and my qualifications. Now I have to meet with two more people today so I really hope they are equally as impressed with me. I really want this job because it a great company plus I use to work with this company as a customer so it would be fun to be their employee. Guys please wish me luck and I will keep you posted as to what happen.

Oh yeah the position is for a Production Planner. I would basically plan all production schedules as far as what needs to be made based off of orders and demand. There is a lot more but it just gets really complicated to explain. If you ever worked in manufacturing you would know what I do. As my daughter say Im the one in the office in the suit that gives the orders. Well something like that. I just don't make the stuff. But there have been days that it looks like I have been drowing in product. Yes Im not just a pencil pusher I do get dirty at time.

Wish me luck guys.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Good Luck Jedi!!!!!!!!
    Go get 'em girl!!

I'll be thinking about you today... Prayers and pixie dust coming your way:

~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck to you!

Thanks so much guys.

Best of luck Jerrame! I will be keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed! Please let us know how things went!

I sure will. I'm not nervous at all Well maybe a little. Thanks again gang for the well wishes.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Good Luck Jedi!

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Keep us posted.

Last edited by MickeyBabe; 09-26-2005 at 12:57 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Good Luck!!!!

I know how hard contract work is, that is what I have been doing (that and freelance) for years. Fortunately I can deal with it because my husband has a "regular" job with benefits, etc. but for you I am sure that is tough.

Anyway-remember, you have a ton to offer this company. You seem to be enthusiastic and have a great work ethic, I am sure that will come thru on the interview. But just in case, here is a little... for you.....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Good luck!

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Good Luck with your interview!!!!!!!!!!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    good luck - you'll do great
    I understand more than you know
    done the contract thing enough years
    lucky enough to be direct right now

keep us posted and let us know how you do
    prayers are with you
    Marie

Thank you all so much for the support. I'm leaving work shortly to go on the interview the company is right around the connor from were I work now so I'm not far. But once again I will keep you guys posted.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Good Luck Jerrame! I've got my fingers (and toes) crossed for you. Hope it goes well!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Best of luck to you!! You can do it!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Update

Okay gang here an update. The second interview went great. I was told that the first manager I spoke to was very impressed and the two people I spoke with yesterday seem impressed as well. I was in there for at least 2 1/2 hours speaking to everyone. So bottom line I feel really good about the whole thing. So I'm just waiting on the phone call. So gang thanks so much for the well wishes and pixie dust. I will let you guys know one way or another.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast