Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Lost in the Community Center forums; I have another theory about the polar bear. In that video Locke & the doc (my mind just went blank) watched... they mentioned something about testing on polar bears... so ...
    4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I have another theory about the polar bear. In that video Locke & the doc (my mind just went blank) watched... they mentioned something about testing on polar bears... so that would also explain the polar bears. I don't know if Walt can make things appear... i think he can either sense/see things in the present or the future. If that were the case though, why didn't he know to look out for the others on the boat that took him?
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    OK... Ive been incredibly hooked unlike no other show since day one...

I'd go on about my fascination, the story, and of course the numbers theories... but I have to go push the Execute button or we're all toast.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    the execute button

is that real or just bogus?

is there a reactor in there?

what is with the huge magnetic field?

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    What about the aliens? Or the CIA? Or the reality television idea?

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

crashbunny is offline Moderator

!!!!!

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    I have another theory about the polar bear. In that video Locke & the doc (my mind just went blank) watched... they mentioned something about testing on polar bears... so that would also explain the polar bears. I don't know if Walt can make things appear... i think he can either sense/see things in the present or the future. If that were the case though, why didn't he know to look out for the others on the boat that took him?
    I totally forgot about them mentioning the polar bears in the orientation video thing. I'll have to consult TiVo later tonight to check it out.

I agree with you that it's unclear whether Walt can make things appear or if he just has psychic powers or something. You make a great point about how he probably would have seen The Others coming if he could see the future.

Do you guys remember in the first season too, when Locke taught Walt to play Backgammon, and then Walt continually beat him? That could be points in favor of the psychic theory too.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Benjo....the numbers in your signature, they look familiar..... NO STOP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    me !! Me!!!

why were there only a handful of people on the other side - there were supposed to be 23 - it looked a lot less- i know this sounds gross - but did they eat them? - or did the others get them?
    Marie... I was thinking the SAME THING!!!!

Our theory from day one is that they are really dead. Maybe the others took Walt to put him back with the living?

Last edited by MickeyBabe; 10-13-2005 at 06:48 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

I came up with a pretty good theory a few nights back:

What if they don't exist at all?
    What if they're played by actors, filmed on location, funded by television producers?

- Walt Disney

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    I think you might have something there!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 20K
    I came up with a pretty good theory a few nights back:

What if they don't exist at all?
    What if they're played by actors, filmed on location, funded by television producers?

I LIKE it!
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    The numbers? Very simple explanation. Come closer, kiddies... pay close attention...

4,815,162,342 is....

The number of books I need to sell so that I can retire and do my "Disney stuff" full-time
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

I can change that 2 at the end to a 1!
    Thanks again for getting back to me Lou.

- Walt Disney

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny

Hillo watches too....

Lost is only thing that takes me away from VMK
    Yes, I am completely addictive. No one better mess with me during Lost. It is the only thing that seems to get me away from VMK too... and sometimes my stomach.

I talked about Lost to a guy in my class today. I was confused about the "I thought there was 23". He said his family was talking about that and my English teacher (this guy's mom) asked if anyone watches Lost while we were in the middle of a lesson. He said his family was thinking they were either eaten by each other or The Others (always makes me think of the Nicole Kidman movie) got them. I was thinking The Others got them. I don't know what to think about Walt. I never picked up on him having physic abilities, but I think it could be a possibility. You see how everyone has something that ties into another person on the island. I think this whole thing could be an experiment. How many people did anyone count at the people at the back of the plane camp? I counted five: Bernardo, (I thought this was the black guy at the beginning of the episode) the Latina girl, what looked to be an Oriental lady, the blond girl, and the black guy.
    Last edited by hillo; 10-13-2005 at 09:57 PM. Reason: added more after reading whole thread
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Cameo is offline And the voila... you've got a Figment!
    Riding my tricycle around the parking lot
    Oh, I am totally addicted to LOST! I basically live my life for Wednesday night to get my weekly fix. A couple of thoughts and observations....

Did anyone else notice that the numbers (4 8 15 16 23 42) add up to 108 (the number of minutes that the clock counts down before the world ends)?

As for the 23 people in the back of the plane, Desmond made some comment asking about how many of the survivors had gotten sick. I wonder if whatever the hatch is quarantined for started effecting the back of the plane survivors.
    ~Sarah~

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

"Tom Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameo
    Did anyone else notice that the numbers (4 8 15 16 23 42) add up to 108 (the number of minutes that the clock counts down before the world ends)?

Oh my! Good call Cameo! I would have never noticed that in a million episodes!!!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast