Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Requested update on MommyToMJM in the Community Center forums; I received a phone call late last night from MommyToMJM, and she asked me to post an update on her and her family on behalf. Unfortunately, her husband Andrew lost ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Requested update on MommyToMJM

I received a phone call late last night from MommyToMJM, and she asked me to post an update on her and her family on behalf.

Unfortunately, her husband Andrew lost his job as of today, as they are closing the call center in his area. while he will receive a brief severance, it does not include OT hours, etc. More importantly, their insurance will expire after 30 days, and any new employer's policy will likely not kick in until 60-90 days after a new hire. As I'm sure many of you know, MJM has special needs that require treatment and medication, so the insurance issue is understandably a major concern.

She just wanted me to let you know that it will be difficult for her to post on the site regularly for a while, as they need to address these issues, and she is understandably upset.

If anyone would like to contact her directly, please email me and I can put you in touch with her.

I did my best to reassure her that everything will be OK, happens for a reason, and to have faith. She also knows that the thoughts, prayers and "pixie dust" wishes from her DWT family are with her and her family.

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    OMG thanks Lou for the update. I will call and check on her today.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Thank you for the update Lou. We will be praying for Bonny, Andrew, MJ, and all that is going on with them.

LOTS OF

HEADING THEIR WAY
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    That is too, too harsh.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Thank you for the information Lou, I will be thinking of her. Hope she is able to give us all an update soon, and I hope there will be a light at the end of this tunnel soon.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Oh my goodness. They say that God will never give you more than you can handle, but this just seems cruel. I too will call Bonny as soon as I get my voice back. In the mean while, those of you who do talk to her, please keep me posted. Andrew, Bonny and MJ we love you and will be praying extra hard for you.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Sorry to hear that....
    I want to call her(have her # somewheres) but we are broke here till payday so no money for calling card. Hope one of you can pass on this info for her. I did some quick research on help for medical at least and I will look up some other things like food banks, etc later. They should definately be eligable for state medical assistance with Andrew being out of work and if Florida's program works like most other state's programs almost all, if not all of MJ's medical issues will be taken care of because of her age and problems and Bonny's also do to a ongoing medical issue. Please strongly encourage them to apply(swallow that pride guys) it will be a big help and public assistance even has contacts to help Andrew find a new job even if its not the perfect one it is something to tide them over till something better comes along.
    anyway here are the websites I found.

www.myflorida.com/accessflorida this is the sign up page for public assistance including cash, foodstamps, and medical. Sign up for all of them ---the most they can say is no to the cash

www.floridajobs.org/unemployment/index.html unemployment office

www.cms-kids.com not sure about this but they may at least know of where to send them....it is childrens medical services for kids with special health care needs.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    Sorry to hear that....
    I want to call her(have her # somewheres) but we are broke here till payday so no money for calling card. Hope one of you can pass on this info for her. I did some quick research on help for medical at least and I will look up some other things like food banks, etc later. They should definately be eligable for state medical assistance with Andrew being out of work and if Florida's program works like most other state's programs almost all, if not all of MJ's medical issues will be taken care of because of her age and problems and Bonny's also do to a ongoing medical issue. Please strongly encourage them to apply(swallow that pride guys) it will be a big help and public assistance even has contacts to help Andrew find a new job even if its not the perfect one it is something to tide them over till something better comes along.
    anyway here are the websites I found.

www.myflorida.com/accessflorida this is the sign up page for public assistance including cash, foodstamps, and medical. Sign up for all of them ---the most they can say is no to the cash

www.floridajobs.org/unemployment/index.html unemployment office

www.cms-kids.com not sure about this but they may at least know of where to send them....it is childrens medical services for kids with special health care needs.
    Hey Vixen I will pass all of this info over to them.If you want there number PM me.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Prayers and Pixie Dust coming their way.

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    JediPrincess-

If you could, also tell them that most drug manufacturers offer programs for cheap (sometimes free) prescription drugs if you qualify. Each manufacturer is a little different on their requirements for the programs, but it might be worth the time for them to check it out.

Much love and pixie dust to them!
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    That is awful! I feel so badly for Andrew. Best wishes to all of you!
    They call me "Nana"

Quote Originally Posted by mrp4352
    JediPrincess-

If you could, also tell them that most drug manufacturers offer programs for cheap (sometimes free) prescription drugs if you qualify. Each manufacturer is a little different on their requirements for the programs, but it might be worth the time for them to check it out.

Much love and pixie dust to them!

Thanks I will relay this to them as well.

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Oh my! I'm so terribly sorry. Thoughts and prayers coming to your family.

(Thank you our dear messenger boy. )
    Izzy

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    My thoughts and prayers are with Bonny and her family.

I wonder if Andrew has thought of working for WDW? While the pay is not that great Disney does have good benefits. I am sure there are many CMs that live in their town and he could carpool. I heard on the radio while we were there that WDW was having a job fair to recruit new CMs for all types of jobs. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 10-18-2005 at 08:50 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Work for Disney! Hmmmm, maybe all things DO happen for a reason!
    They call me "Nana"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast