Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss So scared!! (hurricane wilma) in the Community Center forums; OK....it's 7am. It's extremely rainy and windy out (very chilly), I keep hearing these gusts of rain being blown around. 5-7hrs before the hurricane is supposed to pass directly under ...
    HomeofLove4Him is offline E-Ticket Holder

So scared!! (hurricane wilma)

OK....it's 7am. It's extremely rainy and windy out (very chilly), I keep hearing these gusts of rain being blown around. 5-7hrs before the hurricane is supposed to pass directly under us (I'm in Sanford FL, which is about 4hrs above the Naples/Melbourne area that's supposed to get directly hit). Worst of all, to me, is I'm ALL ALONE with our 4 kids. Yes, my dh actually had to go to work today--an HOUR drive away, into Lake County. I'm so scared you guys!! Ack!! I'm a big chicken....but I'm scared. I'm more scared of the tornadoes that keep being spawned. So far none have been here, but the current tornado warning was abuot 45mins away (but that ended about 15mins ago). I'm scared of the power going out, where you can hear EVERY iota sound outside, and the kids being scared, and then I will have to PRETEND to be brave! I've got the batteries charging for radio and flashlight, but I want my dh here!!!!

Oh Tasha, please be safe and try to be strong for your kids. Is there anyway that your DH can come home from work? I can't imagine they would tell him no under the circumstances. I am praying very hard for all our Florida members. Wish you could just get out of there! Please keep us posted as soon as you are able to. BE SAFE!!!!!!

OK dh just called about 10mins ago. From what he heard i guess orange county (orlando) is supposed to have few power outages, and we (seminole county) are further north of them, so.... the power outages shouldn't be a big problem (and if so, it isn't supposed to be out for long) The hurricane has officially made landfall (as of earlier), which means at this point it *should stay on it's path-they don't usually make big turns once hitting land....like Charlie last year, had a path, then about 2hrs before making landfall he TURNED and headed straight for Orlando--which was where we had gone to evacuate! Blasted thing chased us down I know it! Also-we in Seminole county (Bonnie is in Seminole county too) are above the LEFT front quadrant. The RIGHT front quadrant (and just below it) is the worst to be in. All these tornado warnings seem to be in the right front quadrant (although the one from a couple hrs ago was just above the left front quadrant, about 45mins from us) At this point since it's officially touched land, hopefully we can be more certain about what's going on. I feel a little bit better.... *sigh*

BTW, in case you all didn't know it, can you believe WDW is CLOSED today?? I mean, duh of course I understand WHY....but WDW doesn't close for anything! Even last year when we stayed at the Grovesnor (a WDW resort), during Hurricane Jean they closed EARLY, but didn't close. They are CLOSED completely today, saying they MAY open up at 6pm.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyAPmama
    BTW, in case you all didn't know it, can you believe WDW is CLOSED today??
    Are they reallly? That's the first thing I did this morning was check their website and there is no mention of it. I'm glad you are feeling a little better now that you've talked to your DH!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyAPmama
    BTW, in case you all didn't know it, can you believe WDW is CLOSED today?? I mean, duh of course I understand WHY....but WDW doesn't close for anything! Even last year when we stayed at the Grovesnor (a WDW resort), during Hurricane Jean they closed EARLY, but didn't close. They are CLOSED completely today, saying they MAY open up at 6pm.

Yes I heard it this morning on the way to work.The first person that came to mind was Bonnie. We are suppose to feel just a little of what you guys are getting and I'm in mew Jersey how that even possible I don't know and I'm sure it not going to be any where near what you guys are getting. You guys please stay safe and keep us posted on how you are doing.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Has anybody heard from Bonny to see how they weathered the storm?

Well, it's 1:30, and it looks like it'll all be ok Still raining and VERY strong winds, but it's supposed to be off of the state of FL by 2pm. In fact it seems even windier than it was this morning....but this is our biggest portion of this storm, so I expect this to be the way it is. It's almost over...

I haven't talked to Bonny in a few days, but I know where I am (20mins from her) we didn't get anything other than what I had told you guys (lots of rain, VERY windy, etc), and - Praise God - NO power outages at all!!! At least not for ME in MY apartment...I suppose I can't speak for all of central FL, but that was one of my biggest fears. Oh I'm so glad it went as calmly as it did (well, calm compared to a direct hit anyway), especially since I was all alone w/the kids. Of course if we were getting a direct hit, dh never would have gone to work. The kids and I lounged around and watched Willy Wonka, then I made lunch, now I'm eating my lunch, and I haven't checked in w/the storm in a couple of hrs. I've just been looking outside. Watching the movie helped get my mind off the storm outside, though. OMG my heart just skipped a beat--I heard what sounded like glass shattering...turned out to be my 10 month old banging a toy on his walker ROTFLOL OK maybe I'm still a little jumpy.....LOL!

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    I'm here and survived the storm. My plane got in from visiting home for the weekend (went home Thursday night) at midnight. It wasn't a bad flight in, it got bumpy at times but I've had worse flights. I didn't think I'd be able to sleep last night since I had never been in a hurricane and that was one thing I wanted to do with moving down here to Orlando. Well I slept...but was awaken at 8am from my girlfriend calling to say good morning (I LOVE HER!), and then it started to get bad between 8-10am. I've got a palm tree out my window in the middle of a dirt field (not sure how it got there) and then the golf course behind me has a smaller tree uprooted. The Bee-Line and I4 both had some debris on the side of it, but the only real "damage" I could see was all the water. I think we got around 8" here in Orlando.

So, I'm alive and well!
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Good to hear all have survived Wilma and are well.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property