Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Any Gardening Experts Out There? in the Community Center forums; I know we all know alot about Disney, but how about gardening and plants. I have a mystery plant in my garden and no one seems to know what it ...
    WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(

Any Gardening Experts Out There?

I know we all know alot about Disney, but how about gardening and plants.

I have a mystery plant in my garden and no one seems to know what it is.
    It was in my back garden when we moved in a year ago. I though it was a flowering vine but it did not produce any flowers this past summer. I have cut it back for the winter but it went crazy covering alot of our fence.

I hope someone can identify it and tell me if it is supposed to have flowers. I like lots of colour in my garden so I really don't want it if it is just going to stay green.
    Last edited by WDW Donna; 10-24-2005 at 09:47 AM. Reason: forgot to attach pictures

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

OK, I know, pictures are kind of small. I will try to figure out how to make them bigger

Resorts we have tried;
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    Coronado Springs -2009

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    hard to tell from the pics but almost looks like the annoying weed vines we get around here...I cut them down every year(should really dig em up but am not that ambitious)
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    looks like a weed we get here - no flowers on them - get rid of them they are so bad - they choke all the plants in the garden and spread like wildfire - I still keep pulling them out all over the yard.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    hard to tell....but it kinda reminds me of the plant that has taken over Georgia - KUDZU!!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

The plant doesn't seem weedish, I am guessing they were put there on purpose by the previous owners of our house because of the latticework on the fence for it to climb. (I am still trying to figure out how to make my pictures bigger.) I know I did it once.

Resorts we have tried;
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    Coronado Springs -2009

there is a morning glory vine that looks similar - but that one has big blue flowers - the weed version looks just like that one - it depends on your preference- the person who owned this house before had these grassy things all around - i guess she thought they were decorative - they look just plain ugly to me and I'm allergic to them to boot - so they disappeared rather fast

the vine you have is very pervasive - it was choking a lot of the stuff in my veggie garden and i had to be out there every day to get rid of it - it really speads quickly -

wont here now- frost is on the way
    Last edited by crashbunny; 10-24-2005 at 05:09 PM. Reason: spelling - crash cant spell again

yensid1071 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Not sure what it is, but when all else fails, try trimming it down, then spraying it with Roundup.
    I'm about to take on a battle myself.... some wild bermudagrass has infiltrated my veggie garden and took over the areas around my pumpkin plants. Bermuda is very hardy and is difficult to get rid of....
    Jay
    Mahna mahna....

Officially escaped the Box on January 4, 2012!

I have short term memory loss. It runs in the family. Well, at least I *think* it does. Hmmmm... where are they???

Round up is great - but be careful dont get too heavy with it- my brother destroyed half of my fathers grass going after weeds