Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Christmas time is here...(and so the song goes) in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by GaRain When I was growing up, we did not have a fireplace. Not really a need in Hotlanta! So we had BOOTS!!! Yup, no stockings, we had ...
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    When I was growing up, we did not have a fireplace. Not really a need in Hotlanta! So we had BOOTS!!! Yup, no stockings, we had Christmas BOOTS we set out by the tree! You can fit so much more into those things....
    How Cool Lara! Neat story, thanks for sharing!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    what a neat idea instead of the stockings...espcially if you are giving the boots as a present too
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Since we are on the stocking subject....

The DH wants me every year to wrap each stocking stuffer and then wrap the whole stocking!!! I go through A LOT of wrapping paper each year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf

The DH wants me every year to wrap each stocking stuffer and then wrap the whole stocking!!! I go through A LOT of wrapping paper each year!!!
    We always wrap our stocking stuffers as well but why wrap the stocking itself????

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf

Go to Target. They have huge rolls and its cheap. And they have disney stuff. I have princess stuff left from last year that I think I'll be using for a looooooooong time. :-)
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    We always wrap our stocking stuffers as well but why wrap the stocking itself????

because he's weird!!!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    That's so funny! My mom wouldn't wrap our stocking stuffers but would stuff them way before Christmas Eve. I was the worst when it came to peeking too. I always knew what was in my stocking, would tell my sister (we always had the same stuff) & then she'd tell on me!

I love the boot idea too! That's awesome!

As far as shopping goes, I've bought a lot of the gifts already. I've been buying for my niece since July! It was easy cuz she's only 1 so I could go ahead & buy age -appropriate gifts. I still have all of the receipts just in case someone else bought her those things. I also finally bought my DH's "big" gift this year, so most of the shopping is done! But, like you Lori, I have to save some for Black Friday!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Ellura is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have never been out shopping on Black Friday. The thought of it, sends chills down my spine. I am trying to get all these free shipping offers online so I dont have to go shopping.
    Ellura

"You may not like my methods but you'll surely know my name!'"

Quote Originally Posted by Ellura
    I have never been out shopping on Black Friday. The thought of it, sends chills down my spine. I am trying to get all these free shipping offers online so I dont have to go shopping.
    WHAT?!?! You've NEVER been shopping on Black Friday?!!? Oh the horror!

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    How is it possible not to shop on Black Friday? I've done it every year of my entire life. I do it even though I usually already have all my Christmas presents. I don't know why, it's just tradition. It's awful and horrible and fun all at the same time. I also never miss the day after Christmas sales.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Please can someone fill me in on what 'Black friday' is???

With not being a native American; I don't have a clue!!!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    It's the day after Thanksgiving. Almost everyone gets the day off from work since Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday. All of the stores have massive sales. It's the biggest shopping day of the year. The malls are absolutely packed full of people all fighting for deals. A lot of stores open extremely early in the morning and people wait outside. It's insane!!!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraTheGreat
    It's the day after Thanksgiving. Almost everyone gets the day off from work since Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday. All of the stores have massive sales. It's the biggest shopping day of the year. The malls are absolutely packed full of people all fighting for deals. A lot of stores open extremely early in the morning and people wait outside. It's insane!!!
    Thank you for filling me in!!!

We have nothing like!! But the nearer it gets to Christmas, the longer the shops and Malls stay open and it too gets very busy!! (I hate shopping when it's busy!! AARRGGHH!!)

Rich
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Its called Black Friday because reatail stores are usually "in the Black" for that day in sales. Been there Done that a time or too***shudders at the thot of the crowds. Not my fav day of the year for shopping. way too many ppl...I feel sorry for my BF he will have to work that day-at least his store is not in a mall but they are one of very few auto parts stores in town so they get TONS of business that day

Schools are usually off because of Thanksgiving the day b4 but if you work Retail of any sort...FORGET IT --you are going to be at work..lol
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Ellura is offline Fastpass Holder
    Hehehehe..I guess I am a first. I usually hide inside that day. Maybe, if I had some people to go with it may be fun. I dunno ....
    Ellura

"You may not like my methods but you'll surely know my name!'"

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast