Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Christmas time is here...(and so the song goes) in the Community Center forums; Black Friday is the best day of the year.. I love to people watch and nothing is better than waiting in line at 5 in the am in the cold ...
    dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Black Friday is the best day of the year.. I love to people watch and nothing is better than waiting in line at 5 in the am in the cold weather, shivering my butt off and watching two old ladies push and shove their way thru the crowd to see who can get to the 19.99 dvd players first!!!

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    I don't know about everyone else, but Wal-Mart started their holiday season on November 1. Did everyone forget Thanksgiving?
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    Black Friday is the best day of the year.. I love to people watch and nothing is better than waiting in line at 5 in the am in the cold weather, shivering my butt off and watching two old ladies push and shove their way thru the crowd to see who can get to the 19.99 dvd players first!!!
    I went to Black Friday for the first time last year because they were selling bikes for $20, among other things. I Still have nightmares about that day. The line was worse than Space Mountain on the 4th of July. . . .and we got there at 5:30am! People were yelling at each other, pushing carts at full speed down the aisles like battering rams, actually running through the store. . . .jogging here and there. I had to wait an hour just to check out the bikes I managed to snag. They had sherriff's deputies roaming around the checkouts because people were cutting in line and a few scuffles and shouting matches broke out.

I'll just pay the extra from now on, it's not worth it.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    LOL>>>>>reading thread to BF...he says he is 6' 300 lbs so for a $20 DVD player he will push grandma out of the way....lol that I have to see...I am the obnoxsious one who tells ppl to get out of the way.--grandma would be flat out on the floor if she tried to get my item...lol

done the grabbing for stuff B4...and have been on both ends of the fight--I have had a woman actually take my item from my hand while I was reading the label --but I am smart and quick and grabbed the thing back
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW
    I started listening to my christmas music too. I can not wait until I put my tree up but I have to wait until the first week of December.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    My biggest pet peeve is going to thanksgiving at someones house with christmas decorations up. I'm just like, 'dude... wait a day.'

My family owns grocery stores so 'black friday' is GREAT in a grocery store. Everyone has left over food so you basically just get to talk, clean, its a really easy day. Also we laugh at all the people who are lined up at the stores around the store. It's really amusing. It's fun though. But the days before thanksgiving ****.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    The christmas season has come soooo early this year; it was out b4 even halloween. But oh its a great season. but by putting up decorations does it count if u never took some of them down bc u didnt realise they were still up? Oh well, thats only really in my room and im lazy.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Exclamation I've started....

Well, I've started this morning... Crimbo Shopping that is!!!!
    All I went into town for was a birthday card for my wife who's birthday it is tomorrow....

.... I came back with a couple of presents, all the 'personal cards' we send at Christmas, a fibre-optic snow man for our lounge (to go with the santa we have) and two sets of 'multi coloured net lets' which I will decorate the outside of the house and workshop at the bottom of the garden with!!!!

... Not bad for just going to buy a card!!!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Nice going Rich.. you can never start too early!!

Rich, please wish Ann a very Happy Birthday! Looks like she's a Scorpio just like me!!!

Smile Proper Crimbo is comiing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    Nice going Rich.. you can never start too early!!
    Cheers!!... Yesterday, I got the Christmas decorations out of the attic!!...

There was a time when it was one box and a tree... Now it is 2 trees, five boxes and a sack full of tinsel!!!!!
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    Rich, please wish Ann a very Happy Birthday! Looks like she's a Scorpio just like me!!!

Thanks Melissa.. she says 'Thank you'!!

... She can't believe I spend all my time on here!! But, as I pointed out, she is a member of the Sue Thomas FBeye site.... Point taken!!!
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by trickster
    and a sack full of tinsel!!!!!

I can't use Tinsel anymore.... My dog likes to eat and and then about 2 days later it comes out th.... well you know what happens to it!!!

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    We had been using the same tinsel my entire life, in fact I think it was used my mom's whole life too. Every year my grandpa would carefully strip it off the tree and save it even though we kept telling him it was probably the lead based kind. He passed away a few years ago and we kept using it until last year. We left for New Year's Eve and my uncle thought he was doing us a favor by taking the tree to the dumpster with the tinsel (and a few ornaments) included. A few pieces were left on the floor so we gathered those up and saved them.

rvastro is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I am very much looking forward to the Christmas season this year. My girlfriend's third grade chorus is singing at WDW on December 5th and the Fort Meade High School chorus is singing on December 1st in the Candlelight Processional. I am looking forward to chaproning with her as we take several children on their first ever trip to Disney.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast