Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
General Discussions Discuss Kindergarten Christmas Party in the Community Center forums; Okay....now that I have all the details wrapped up for the Thanksgiving Feast which we are doing on Tuesday and only have the prep work to finish...it's time to start ...
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    46,886

    Kindergarten Christmas Party

    Okay....now that I have all the details wrapped up for the Thanksgiving Feast which we are doing on Tuesday and only have the prep work to finish...it's time to start thinking about the Christmas Party! Since you were all so helpful with the Halloween Party I thought I'd give it a go again and ask for hints or suggestions for the Christmas (Crimbo!) party! It looks as though we are going to do the Christmas Party on December 16th. Same type of set up as we used for the Halloween Party with 4 different centers with about 6 kids at each center rotating centers about every 10-12 minutes.

    Mrs. Dreyer also informed me yesterday that the Tuesday before Christmas she is doing a special Polar Express day for the kids so if anyone has any cute ideas that we could do for that I would love to share them with her!

    Thanks in advance cause I know you guys are going to be so helpful and have great ideas!!!

  2. #2
    dzney4lyf's Avatar
    dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    in my own little world
    Posts
    12,747
    Bring in all the gifts you have purchased for this year and have the kids wrap them for you.. Hey it might not be fun for them but at least you'll have a head start or your holiday to do list!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    46,886
    Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    Bring in all the gifts you have purchased for this year and have the kids wrap them for you.. Hey it might not be fun for them but at least you'll have a head start or your holiday to do list!!
    Thanks....but this isn't exactly the kind of help I was looking for!

  4. #4
    dzney4lyf's Avatar
    dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    in my own little world
    Posts
    12,747
    You could have them decorate their own stockings at one station.... then make Santa faces out of paper plates, cotton balls, and red construction paper cut out in hat shapes, at another station have them make their own christmas ornament out of home made playdough.. (flour and water with a little food coloring and baking soda and salt). another idea is have them write a letter to santa (or draw one... since they are so young), another idea... is decorating their own gingerbread men.. (precooked of course- I have the perfect recipe just pm me)... um they could also cut out snow flakes out of folded white paper (I still do that!!) they could decorate their own trees (using a sugar cone and some green frosting and sugar crystals red hots gum drops etc) they could make a clothes pin reindeer, and I have more ideas but I think I said enough already....

    oh yeah I went to school for early childhood...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    46,886
    Wow Lori! Those are all great ideas!!! If you have more I would love to hear them! I'm a girl who like options!

  6. #6
    iwannabeminnie's Avatar
    iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Berne, IN
    Posts
    8,104
    We built "gingerbread" houses out of graham crackers once for one of the kids Christmas party. (It helps to have the houses preassembled and just let them add the candies.) The kids loved it. Just supply bowls of white frosting, M&M's, gumdrops, peppermints, pretzel sticks, etc.

    Tip: We saved milk cartons from their lunches and "glued" the graham crackers to the milk cartons with frosting to make them sturdier. Little hands aren't always gentle.
    They call me "Nana"

  7. #7
    SnwhtNdwrfs's Avatar
    SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Posts
    45,955
    We spread out a piece of wax paper and they got to make a design like a snowflake on them from glue. There needs to be space inthere anot not major globs. They need to be connected. It sort of looks like a huge scribble. Then we added different colors of glitter. When they dry, you CAREFULLY peel them from the wax paper and hang these ornaments on the tree (we used paper clips)


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    46,886
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    We built "gingerbread" houses out of graham crackers once for one of the kids Christmas party. (It helps to have the houses preassembled and just let them add the candies.) The kids loved it. Just supply bowls of white frosting, M&M's, gumdrops, peppermints, pretzel sticks, etc.

    Tip: We saved milk cartons from their lunches and "glued" the graham crackers to the milk cartons with frosting to make them sturdier. Little hands aren't always gentle.
    We did that at his preschool last year and they turned out so cute!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    46,886
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    We spread out a piece of wax paper and they got to make a design like a snowflake on them from glue. There needs to be space inthere anot not major globs. They need to be connected. It sort of looks like a huge scribble. Then we added different colors of glitter. When they dry, you CAREFULLY peel them from the wax paper and hang these ornaments on the tree (we used paper clips)
    Very cool!!!!! And easy....and inexpensive!!! If we don't do this for the party, I think that I will suggest this to the teacher to do for one of the center work before Christmas!

  10. #10
    SaraTheGreat's Avatar
    SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    682
    I remember making the graham cracker houses too. I loved them! That was always one of my favorite projects. I also remember making those woven paper hearts. I thinks it's a Danish tradition, with two different colors of construction paper. If you're interested I bet I could find better instructions for it somewhere.

  11. #11
    iwannabeminnie's Avatar
    iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Berne, IN
    Posts
    8,104
    The instructions for the woven hearts are very simple. Start with two oblong ovals. Fold each in half and cut strips on the folded side, but not all the way through. Then start at one end and weave the strips like a basket. When you open it up it is a heart-shaped basket!

    Edited to say: This task is too daunting for Kindergardners, but they make nice little treat baskets for favors.
    They call me "Nana"

  12. #12
    SaraTheGreat's Avatar
    SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    682
    Thanks for the instructions iwannabeminnie. Maybe I'll make the heart baskets this year again.

    You can tell I don't have kids. I have no idea what's age appropriate. I just remember being little.

  13. #13
    JEDIPRINCESS's Avatar
    JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the land of Dreams
    Posts
    4,445
    Hey Melissa not really sure if this will help but here a link to the family fun page they had a couple of really good iedas

    http://search.familyfun.go.com/exec/...top_crafts.jpg

    Also get some scrapbook pages and a bunch of holiday sticker and have them make a scrapbook page. See if the teacher can get a letter home to have the kids bring in a picture of themselves and this could be a great gift for their parnets. I remember youngest DD did a picture Christmas ornament in preschool and we still have it till this day with photo and everything and still goes on the tree.




    YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    46,886
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    Also get some scrapbook pages and a bunch of holiday sticker and have them make a scrapbook page. See if the teacher can get a letter home to have the kids bring in a picture of themselves and this could be a great gift for their parnets. I remember youngest DD did a picture Christmas ornament in preschool and we still have it till this day with photo and everything and still goes on the tree.
    Another clever idea! Thanks! You guys make my job so easy!!

  15. #15
    SnwhtNdwrfs's Avatar
    SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Posts
    45,955
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    Very cool!!!!! And easy....and inexpensive!!! If we don't do this for the party, I think that I will suggest this to the teacher to do for one of the center work before Christmas!

    Actually, it does take a few days to dry so that would probably be better-or do it a week before the actual party.


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •