Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (maybe spoilers) in the Community Center forums; I went to see Harry Potter last night at the midnight showing. I got there with my friend and we ended up sitting in the veeeerrrryyy last row... which wasn't ...
    rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (maybe spoilers)

I went to see Harry Potter last night at the midnight showing. I got there with my friend and we ended up sitting in the veeeerrrryyy last row... which wasn't that bad because we could watch all the people acting like idiots before the movie started.

We had a coupla hours before the movie started so we wrote fanfic while waiting. Most of the other people (highschool students) were doing homework in study groups.

I loved seeing how everybody dressed up... different costumes, t-shirts with sayings (Save the Snidgets, The Dark Lord Will Rise Again, etc...), or just a touch of a school house scarf. I wore my Slytherin scarf because my black robe is still in WI.

The actual movie was awesome. They kept in alot of what I was scared they would skip over (since it's such a long book). I'm sad that they skipped over the Dursleys, Harry's wand being used for the dark mark spell, Fleur being part Veela (they left out Veelas all together), and the whole SPEW thing...

but i can also understand why these things were left out....

thought it would have been neat to have like... a 6 hour movie with intermission.....

Oh! The scene in the Prefects bathroom... why didn't guys look like that when I was in highschool???

Snape didn't have a big part in this movie, but he was hilarious.... I love when he pulls his sleeves up to shove Ron and Harry's heads. hehe.

The Yule Ball scenes make it much easier to relate and think of these characters as teenagers because right then it seems like a typical highschool.

Umm....
    Awesome sfx as usual, Ron and his brothers are still hilarious, Neville is an adorable little dork, Draco and Snape are both sexy sexy, Mad Eye Moody is great (just how i pictured him), The Priori Incantatem scene was good (ghosts in correct order), Voldie is funny, I laughed at (the spare) and my friend cried....

Anyways... I'm scared of spoiling the movie any further for anyone who hasn't seen it or read the books either so... I'll shut up.
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

I didn't read your review since eventually (probably not til it comes out on DVD) I will be seeing it. But, my DH wants to take my DS5 this weekend to see it and I just wanted to get your opinion. All the reports that I hear say that this one is "very dark". Just wondering if you've seen Lord of the Rings and how you think this Harry Potter compares to it? DS has seen the Lord of the Rings and none of it bothered him. He knows that it is all make believe. He is really excited about seeing it what do you think?

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I LOVED this movie! It is definently the best one yet! I think that the trio did a spectacular acting job, particularly Emma Watson (and I'm not saying that because's I think she's insanely hot).

Graphics Department really pulled it out - the Horntail was great, as well as the underwater scenes.

I have to say I was slightly disturbed when Harry was "approached" by Myrtle in the bathtub...

Yule Ball was phenominal - everyone looked really nice!

Overall, 5 out of 5 for me. I loved it!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    I was thinking about going to that but then i realised i havnt gone to any hary potter openings and only 1 in theaters and didnt want to start now. I havnt been to a movie in so long but i do keep going to plays. they tend to better bc then u actually know the ppl(at least in my case). The last movie i saw midnight was Star wars 3, it was awsome
    Now i cant wait for Narnia to come out. The lion the witch and the wardrobe. i dont know how good it will b. i hope its good. well that i mgiht see at midnight or at least opening day
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Talking "Potter"!!!!

We can't wait to see it!!
    We are both big Harry Potter fans!!

We are going to see it next Wednesday
    when we are both of work!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Just wondering if you've seen Lord of the Rings and how you think this Harry Potter compares to it? DS has seen the Lord of the Rings and none of it bothered him. He knows that it is all make believe. He is really excited about seeing it what do you think?
    It's nowhere near as dark as LOTR...
    and to even out what is a dark book (compared to the first three), there are alot of humourous scenes in the movie. Mostly the humor comes from teenage hormones, hehe!
    Disney Trips

Quote Originally Posted by rosworms
    It's nowhere near as dark as LOTR...
    and to even out what is a dark book (compared to the first three), there are alot of humourous scenes in the movie. Mostly the humor comes from teenage hormones, hehe!
    Thanks, but Hubby went ahead and took him this morning anyways! Parker liked it and none of the "graphic" or "dark" stuff seemed to bother him at all. They both really enjoyed it. I will be waiting for the DVD release!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Saw it this morning - loved it. Wish they could have kept a lot of stuff in, like the Dursleys and the Weasleys showing up in the fireplace. Or the fact that the deatheaters were torturing muggles at the quidditch championship. They skipped over the Veela's and leprechauns.....
    Some interesting stuff......
    And the end - didn't Harry win some money? And you never saw Fred and George all huddled together....
    But over all, a good movie.
    Going to see Rent tomorrow.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    woah woah woah!!! how? RENT ain't out until Wednesday! not fair!
    Disney Trips

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    Saw it this morning - loved it. Wish they could have kept a lot of stuff in, like the Dursleys and the Weasleys showing up in the fireplace. Or the fact that the deatheaters were torturing muggles at the quidditch championship. They skipped over the Veela's and leprechauns.....
    Some interesting stuff......
    And the end - didn't Harry win some money? And you never saw Fred and George all huddled together....
    But over all, a good movie.
    Yes they did win money and how they are going to explain how the twins get the joke shop in the next two movies is going to be interesting to say the least. Well it looks like I going to be the only on here that going to say I totally hated the movie. I think they totally messed the whole storyline up just to fit on the screen. My daughter had to keep asking me a ton of questions during the movie about certain things because for whatever reason these idoits decieded to leave them out. Now don't get me wrong I understand the whole time thing but hey I sat through 3 not 1 but 3 three hours movies the last 3 years ( The Lord of the Ring series)and enjoyed them a great deal. Isay hey go for the 3 hours no one would compalin and you probaly wouldn't realize that it was 3 hours. I just thought they would stay more close to the original storyline this time considering that there is some major stuff about to happen and if you already read 5 and 6 you know what I mean. What is up with them taking Percy, Mrs.Weasly, Winky and Dobby out the movie all together. What next take the twins out because they leave school in the next book. You just watch they are going to get rid of the twins all together by movie 6. Did anyone notice that Percy is no where to be seen or metion in the whole film and what's with them at least metioning Bill? I know he not really important to the story but dang doesn't he deserve a metion and what about Rita Skeeter being an unregistar animagi that was all gone all together and they just threw Siruis in for a second. I was lookinf so foward to seeing him as a dog again. How it ended was the worst no metion of that fact that Hadgrid was sent out on a mission or to see the true Mad Eye or the fact that Snape plays a huge part as well. I just don't know the more I see them the more I hate them. I know they can't do the movie word for word but to leave out certain things that are major to the whole plot is going to get people who have no idea what the real story about really confuse with the next two movies.

Realy curious as what you guys think of the way they took liberty with the storyline and change it to fit the screen time?

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...

Thumbs up Harry Potter 4

We saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire at 10:55 Friday night. And by we, I mean myself, my fiance Jen, her mom and sister, my parents, brother, sister, her boyfriend, and a friend of their's. So, there was a big group of us and we almost had the whole theater completely to ourselves until a couple came in and ruined it!

Anyhow, I liked this last Potter film a lot. I know they took a lot out, but I wasn't too bothered with it, though it was dissapointing to not see Mrs. Weasley or the Dursleys. I know what you're saying JEDI about Winky and Dobby and everything else that was left out. Like I said Jerrame, we need to write the screenplays for the rest of the movies. When shall we start?
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Jedi, I'm with you 100%! I loved the graphics in this movie but just could NOT believe that they left out so much!!! How are they going to explain the $, Rita, the severity of the situation, why no one will believe Dumbledore (since Jr. was just taken back to Azkaban where he can be questioned now) HELLO!?!?!?! These were important details they shouldn't have screwed up? Have they not read 5&6???
    Since they just completely took Dobby out, are they saying that Neville stole the gillyweed from Snape? Just wondering??? Throughout the movie, I kept saying, "Um, that's not right!" I would have much rather seen Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire part 1 & Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire part 2 (like the Kill Bill volumes). That way they could have added so much more. Isn't it important that he was at the Dursleys to begin with??? I wish the last 2 were more like the first 2! They were so much more true to the books!

Oh well...
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I liked the movie a lot but it was so different than the book. I wonder if I would've enjoyed it more if I hadn't read it. Then I wouldn't have spent the whole thing going wait you skipped this, wait that's not how it happened. Thinking of the book and movie separately I really liked the movie. It's sort of like a taco bell taco. It's not a real taco but that doesn't mean you don't like it.

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraTheGreat
    It's sort of like a taco bell taco. It's not a real taco but that doesn't mean you don't like it.
    Love the comparison Sara!
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Yes, going to see Rent at a preview - my friend got tickets and asked me to go with her.

I agree with the 2 part idea. I wish they would have left a lot more in...I ended up explaining some stuff to the 'rents since they have not read the books. The sidled over the whole Longbottom thing....did anyone pick up on that, my parents did not. Frankly, I would have enjoyed a 5 hour movie with perhaps an intermission.
    I don't want the twins to be out of the movies altogether.....love them!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast