Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss What's for Thanksgiving Dinner?? in the Community Center forums; Other then the turkey, what are you having for Thanksgiving or what would you like to have?? Along with the turkey I will make a lasanga or manicotti. My brother ...
    GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

What's for Thanksgiving Dinner??

Other then the turkey, what are you having for Thanksgiving or what would you like to have?? Along with the turkey I will make a lasanga or manicotti. My brother in law is Spanish and is bringing a Puerto Rican Pork dish (which is really good), also having antipasto, stuffed mushrooms, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoe casserole, acorn squash, cranberry mold and regular cranberries, green beans, stuffed artichokes, salad and rolls and whatever anybody else wants to bring! yes, that's us!! Desserts will be pies and fruit/nuts and an ice cream cake for 2 of my daughters birthday. What are you having?? It's a great time of year, Happy Thanksgiving to all!!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    We aren't really celebrating this year... things are too up in the air, this will be the second year that we haven't celebrated Thanksgiving, Hannukkah or Christmas.... it makes me really sad, I used to do up the holidays big in CA...Andrew is off work, so we'll be at the parks most likely.... maybe I'll make a dinner after everything goes on sale or after we move (if we get our apartment)
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    We have all the usual stuff. Nothing really unusual, just way too much of it!
    They call me "Nana"

disneygirl23 is offline A-Ticket holder

The Dinner of all dinners

We are having turkey, home made mash potatoes, sweet potatoe caserol, peas, corn, green bean salad, asparagus with garlic, relish tray, deviled eggs, stuffed celery, cranberry sauce, gravy and of course pies, pies and more pies.

Every year my mom and I cook the dinner. The past 4 years my dad and I have worked thanksgiving morning at the fire station. About 3 or 4 in the afternoon my mom and I go down to the station and set the table and have dinner with some the guys who's family either didn't make it home for Thanksgiving or don't have any family to share it with. It's kind of a fun tradition. Last year we had 8 guys from the station and the 4 of us plus my fiancee. It was really neat.
    Wished on a magic star and woke up in sunny Disney . Ate a poison apple and ended up back in snowy Ohio . Go figure!

That is neat. It's rough to be away from family on holidays, but sharing it with someone like you guys makes it more bearable!
    They call me "Nana"

disneygirl23 is offline A-Ticket holder
    It is hard to be away from family on the Holidays. But one thing about what we do that is nice is those guys are like family to me. I have known most of those guys since I was like 7. Anytime I have every needed anything they have been there. It's kind of wierd to some when they ask what my plans are, but they don't understand how close people get in that job.

Have a very Happy and healthy Thanksgiving everyone!
    Wished on a magic star and woke up in sunny Disney . Ate a poison apple and ended up back in snowy Ohio . Go figure!

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    I think this year we are going Mexican. Some of my brothers and their families are coming over. We all came to the realization that we don't like turkey that much and decided to start our own traditions. The main food will be mexican food with some of the traditional items thrown in. We are also heading to Disney World the next day for two weeks and don't want to have a lot of leftovers.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

Normal Thanksgiving fare for us...Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, dinner rolls, cranberries and pumpkin pie! May try a new recipe....sweet potatoe cheesecake!

Well, have fun on your trip, even if you are unpatriotic enough to ADMIT that you don't like turkey! LOL!

I love turkey, but I love Mexican equally well. I just wouldn't ADMIT to it on Thanksgiving! (but then MY family would mutiny and kill the cook!)
    They call me "Nana"

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    Well, have fun on your trip, even if you are unpatriotic enough to ADMIT that you don't like turkey! LOL!

I love turkey, but I love Mexican equally well. I just wouldn't ADMIT to it on Thanksgiving! (but then MY family would mutiny and kill the cook!)
    Is turkey patriotic??? I thought it was the Bald Eagle???

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    To tell you the truth I am not a hugh turkey fan either , that's why I like to make lasanga. I like all the side dishes though and my BIL's pork dish. Sorry Mom to MJM that you will not celebrating this year , I always have room for a couple more if you want to come to NY . Disneygirl that is a really nice way to carry on the Thanksgiving spirit. Those fireman:firefight must really appreciate all that you and your mother do. DisneyDreamer good luck with your new reciepe, sounds Yummy!!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Ellura is offline Fastpass Holder
    I will do the whole southern Thanksgiving thing. Turkey, Rice, Gravy, Lima Beans, Collards, Deviled Eggs, field peas and snaps and I am sure much more!
    Ellura

"You may not like my methods but you'll surely know my name!'"

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Pecan Pie- it is the only dessert my brother will eat all year and he only likes mine! So I get to make that. My daughter makes a pumpkin pie that my DH loves. We all eat the same stuff every year. At my family, we have dressing and mashed potatoes but at the inlaws they only have dressing. They think having both is a waste-what do they know? Inlaws won't eat anything I make so I don't have to cook.

This year is at my family's! So I get to help out.

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    We aren't really celebrating this year... things are too up in the air, this will be the second year that we haven't celebrated Thanksgiving, Hannukkah or Christmas.... it makes me really sad, I used to do up the holidays big in CA...Andrew is off work, so we'll be at the parks most likely.... maybe I'll make a dinner after everything goes on sale or after we move (if we get our apartment)
    bonny you know you and the family are welcome here

if you dont mind snow on Thanksgiving

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I don't really like anything that is typical thanksgiving...
    most likely, I will be eating rice.....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast