Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Richard Pryor dies at the age of 65 in the Community Center forums; They just announced about an hour ago on CNN that Richard Pryor has passed away at the age of 65. His wife said that he passed peacefully with a smile ...

Richard Pryor dies at the age of 65

They just announced about an hour ago on CNN that Richard Pryor has passed away at the age of 65. His wife said that he passed peacefully with a smile on his face. I personally think that this man was a comic genius! Many of his movies (The Toy, See No Evil Hear No Evil, Stir Crazy) not to mention his live concerts would make me laugh out loud. It is a shame that he let the drugs get the best of him and waste the best years of his life. He also suffered from MS which is an awful chronic disease of the central nervous system that there is currently no cure for. This is what forced him into a wheelchair during the last years of his life. (My Mom also suffers from this, but we are very lucky that she has been able to maintain and not worsen during these past years.)

Thank you for all the laughs and Mr. Pryor....you will be missed. RIP

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Oh, I hadn't heard that. He was so funny and I enjoyed his movies and comedy.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Unhappy Sad News.

I hadn't hear that either:
    The news here this morning is all 'Home' news because there has been a large explosion at a oil refinery. There are many casualties and some fatalities too.

That is sad news about Richard Pryor: He was a good actor and did some great films over the years and will be missed.

Brewsters Millions was one of my faves along with See No Evil, Hear No Evil. He was a funny man!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by trickster
    I hadn't hear that either:
    The news here this morning is all 'Home' news because there has been a large explosion at a oil refinery. There are many casualties and some fatalities too.

That is sad news about Richard Pryor: He was a good actor and did some great films over the years and will be missed.

Brewsters Millions was one of my faves along with See No Evil, Hear No Evil. He was a funny man!!
    That's exactly why I am here this early this morning! I was watching CNN and heard that the explosion was near London at a fuel depot and I wanted to make sure that you were okay! Glad to see that you are and here!!!

Yes, Brewsters Millions!!!! How could I have forgotton about that one?!?!?!?

... Brewsters Millions is one DVD we haven't got and I have been meaning to buy. $30m in 30 days - now that would be fun!! Difficult but fun!!!
    Rich

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    That man was so funny. He will be missed, but he sure did leave his mark on this world. I read he died of a heart attack. Was this in connection to his MS? I don't really have a lot of knowledge about that disease, so I was not sure....
    Wow, a great loss....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    That man was so funny. He will be missed, but he sure did leave his mark on this world. I read he died of a heart attack. Was this in connection to his MS? I don't really have a lot of knowledge about that disease, so I was not sure....
    Wow, a great loss....
    The actual cause of his death was a heart attack. He shouldn't have had any connection to the MS, but likely could have been connected to all the stress and harm he put his body through with the years of drug abuse.

It is a real shame.

Here, I famous footballer - George Best has recently died. This too was because he didn't look after himself and basically over the years killed is liver off with booze etc...
    Rich

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I agree about Richard Pryor's comedy being some of the best of his time, as he was one who made me laugh in his movies, concerts, and some memorable SNL appearances.

One of the best? Stir Crazy with Gene Wilder. The scene in the jail when they first get put away is one of funniest scenes. Ever. RIP Richard.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

sparky is offline Proud to be DWT's most inconsistent member!!!!
    Even sadder, second NYPD police officer murdered in 2 weeks...........
    I , , !!!

http://www.policeny.com/thehousethebronx1.html

HEY DEB!! I HATE THE RULES AND I AINT FOLLOWING THEM!!!!

http://www.forgotten-ny.com/NEIGHBOR...d/norwood.html

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I loved the movie Toy.. That was one of my favorites!!!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    I can go on and on about Richard Pryor. Being a black child growning up, you didn't see too many blacks in movies, well, having major roles. Richard Pryor, Bill Cosby, Redd Foxx - legends in comedy... What set Richard Pryor apart from the others was his mouth, he could say the MF word probably 400 different ways, I remember growing up when the news came on that Richard Pryor had gotten like 1/3 degree burns from free basin cocaine, I was like man, why would he have to do that. But anyway, He first got MS, and he had also played a patient on a show that had MS. But the real down fall and when he started to go down hill was actually from Parkinsons Disease, that also effects the nervous system, Muhammad Ali, and Michael J. Fox both have that.
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I was not aware that he had Parkinson's. That is very sad, if true. With the inability to control your movement, and the disabilities presented with MS, I couldn't imagine he had a very comfortable last few weeks of life. But I hear he did have a smile on his face.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Most of his movies will probably be on TV in the next couple of weeks. It will be nice to see them again but sad that it is because of his death.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    bad info, i was talking with 2 people at the same time. Get this, i said the same thing to someone else, and they were like "what are you doing", so now i have to take that back about the parkinson's. RICHARD PRYOR ONLY HAD MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS. Sorry about that, and I had to tell the other person I was talking with whom we were talking about, they only have parkinson... Is that crazy or what ....

I also like see no evil, hear no evil, also with Gene Wilder.
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!