Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Treehouse Villas future in the Community Center forums; Has anyone heard about a refurb of the Treehouses? I heard a rumor that they were going to be incorporated into Saratoga Springs after they are repaired. Then I heard ...
    kree is offline C-Ticket Holder

Treehouse Villas future

Has anyone heard about a refurb of the Treehouses? I heard a rumor that they were going to be incorporated into Saratoga Springs after they are repaired. Then I heard that they were going to be demolished. There are conflicting stories out there, but I also learned that the land the Treehouses occupy is Protected, and cannot be developed any more than what it already is. If the Treehouses are torn down, no new buildings can be built. Any news, or is it all rumor?

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    The only thing I know about the treehouses is that they sustained a lot of damage summer of 2004 in the hurricanes. Trees had crashed through a lot of their roofs. I don't know how this impacts any decisions but it may have something to do with it. I would love to stay in one though if they ever reopen them.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    I don't even know what that is.

If we can dream it, we can do it

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games
    The word is there is just too much damage, and it is not cost effective to make repairs. They will probably just be torn down, and a portion of the land used in building Phase 3 of Saratoga Springs.
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    sounds neat, yer up in a tree?

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I'd heard they were to be refurbished, but this was before the hurricanes had their way. They are a neat concept though.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

rxpeje63 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I have heard that the tree houses will probably be demoished and that land to be used for part of Saratoga Spirngs Phase 3.
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." W.D.
    DH DS(17) DD (14)DD(10) Chewbacca(4)
    Han Solo(3)
    DW 8/1/62 - 9/4/10

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    "Vacation Villas (later known as the Townhouses), Treehouse Villas, Fairway Villas (built in 1975) and four Grand Vista Homes. The Villas became part of the Disney Institute on February 9, 1996. Today, some of the Villas have been torn down to make way for the first phase of the Saratoga Springs Resort, a Disney Vacation Club time-share property."

For more information Click Here...

For photographs Click Here...

If I remember correctly, on our Key's tour, this was asked and our cast member confirmed what Summer and James have said about the damage being too extensive to refurbish.

The other problem is that they don't really fit the themeing of Saratoga Springs and the only permits they can get for the area are to renovate existing structures not build new ones.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

treehouses

I heard the treehouses were being used for some CMs to live in now. We were told that they would probably never be demolished. Like MickeyBabe said they will only be refurbished because (supposedly) nothing else can be built there.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Our CM also told us that after the hurricane, guests noticed that they looked abandoned so Disney now has lighting on timers to make them look occupied. The "show" wouldn't look too good if the Sasssogoula River boats passed damaged, abandoned buildings.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

treehouses

We went by there in late January. I don't know how many are occupied, but I did see a couple of people on a balcony and outside.

mickey1998 is offline A-Ticket holder
    We just got back and we were told that the Villa's are used by Cast Members on the international exchange program.

jworkkul is offline A-Ticket holder

Treehouse Villa

The Treehouses will be up and available to all DVC members starting in June 2009. I have just booked one for a week in July. There are three bedrooms,
    sleeps 9, full kitchen, washer/dryer, private balcony with barbecue pit outside if you want to grill. Can't wait.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by jworkkul View Post
    The Treehouses will be up and available to all DVC members starting in June 2009. I have just booked one for a week in July. There are three bedrooms,
    sleeps 9, full kitchen, washer/dryer, private balcony with barbecue pit outside if you want to grill. Can't wait.
    Oh please, please, please do a trip report with pictures when you return.
    Many of us having been following the treehouses.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I took some picture but, of course, they are on the other computer. I will have to go find them. They were in the middle of the construction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast