Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Miss me much? in the Community Center forums; Hiya Folks! Thank you all for your best wishes while I was away, and I hope you all had a fantastic holiday season as well. I'm back again, and looking ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

Miss me much?

Hiya Folks!

Thank you all for your best wishes while I was away, and I hope you all had a fantastic holiday season as well.

I'm back again, and looking forward to one more (and hopefully the 2nd to last) semester down here at ERAU. Aside from moving back in and getting settled, getting to classes, homework, reading the Harry Potter books my lil' bro got me hooked on, and flying most evenings, one of my first tasks to take care of is this WDW Season Pass I'm currently carrying which expires on Monday. My roommate and I are running down there tomorrow morning and upgrading to APs, due mostly to the cost of parking; two semesters of parking, at $9 a trip, is far more money than the extra $100 to upgrade and have it included.

In addition, after months of waiting, my girlfriend is on her way down here AS I TYPE! Some of you will remember my post a few months back mentioning that she had been accepted into the College Program. Well, she called me just about 30 mins ago to let me know she and her dad were stopping for the night just shy of the GA border. At this rate she'll be in Orlando by mid day tomorrow. My roommate and I are meeting them when they arrive and staying with them until she goes to check in on Monday. I'm so excited for her! We still only know that she will be in retail, so we have another day or two or three before we figure out for sure where she will be working, but as soon as we know, I'll be sure to let you all know.

So, I'm glad to be "home" away from home again (although I do miss my snowflakes and rolling, hilly, terrain from the North East). Here's hoping for another great couple of months here with my DWT family!

PS: My gf gave me three Mickey t-shirts, one Goofy t-shirt, one Incredibles t-shirt, and a Mickey magnet to put on the back of my car for Christmas. Boy, that girl really knows how to put a smile on my face!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Welcome back MS....glad you had a good holiday...tell the GF good luck on her job.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Welcome back Don! Yes, you were missed! Sounds like you had a nice holiday and break! Keep us posted on your GF's new adventure into the CP program! I see that a thread was started here for fellow CP'ers so you should have her check it out!!!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome back!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Glad you are back! Can't wait to hear the gf's job stories!

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    i missed you in my loins and bosum.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    i missed you in my loins and bosum.
    ***having these really weird pictures floating around in my head now....lol

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    ***having these really weird pictures floating around in my head now....lol
    if it's me dump bowls of vanilla pudding down my shorts, that's just wrong........and how did you get the camera in my house?

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    if it's me dump bowls of vanilla pudding down my shorts, that's just wrong........and how did you get the camera in my house?

I took lessons from the best stalker on the boards....lol

sorry MS didn't mean to hijack your thread

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    of course we missed ya!
    can't wait to hear all about your exploits!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Hey boys and girls, it's me again.

I just got back from Orlando a few hours ago. My roommate and I drove down there on Sunday morning, upgraded our about-to-expire Season Passes to brand new Annual Passes (no more parking!!!), and spent the day at EPCOT. My gf and her dad showed up at around 2, and we spent the rest of the afternoon at the park. Later in the evening, my gf's Dad headed back to Pop Century to finalize the check in and such, while the other three of us hung around for Illuminations. Neat suprise this time... we watched Illuminations from the back of the WS Lagoon ('tween Italy & Germany), and Wishes was going on over at MK at the exact same time, so we got to watch two fireworks shows at the same time. Neat stuff. Then the 3 of us went to DtD for a late dinner at Rainforest Cafe, then headed back and spent the night at PC.

After breakfast we went out looking for the Vista Way apartments (where gf was checking in). She went through about 2 hours worth of processing while the rest of us waited for her to become an official WDW Cast Member, then we got all her stuff moved into her new home away from home, and started meeting her new roommates (all 5 of them). My roommate, who works in the Information Technology (IT) Department at our school, even found himself something to do in setting up a brand new wireless network for the ladies and all their computers. It made him feel useful. Then myself, my roomie, my gf, gf's dad, and three of gf's new roomies and one new roomie's mom all went out for a late lunch/early dinner at the Olive Garden on 192.

Roomie and I had to leave just after dinner because I had to pilot a flight out of Daytona tonight, but everything seemed awesome when we left. Everyone seemed to be fat and happy, getting along, having a good time, and there was already casual discussion of future visits taking place (either roomie and I going down there, or a few of them coming up to Daytona...). All in all, great couple of days were had, and with this new AP in hand and my gf and a couple new lady friends down at Vista Way, I'm sure roomie and I can count on many a weekend visit to WDW!

GF is supposed to find out where she'll be working by sometime tomorrow... stay tuned for details!
    -Don-

Sounds like it was a productive and fun day Don! Hopefully things continue to go as smoothly and we will all be waiting to hear where your GF will be working....BTW....does the GF have a name that you'd like to share with us?

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    welcome back mainstreet..... and i see that you loaded up on disney.
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Welcome Back!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    BTW....does the GF have a name that you'd like to share with us?
    Well, she does have a name (obviously), and I don't mind sharing, but I know that some people are a little touchy about names and other "personal" info going out to all you online axe murderers, so I just thought I'd hold off on names until I can ask her if she minds my using it here.

She's also a member here at DWT, but she rarely visits or posts. Her ID is Stitch's Escape, or something along those lines. I'd look it up, but I have to run to class.

Later!
    -Don-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast