Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Ask me anything... SCIENCE in the Community Center forums; OK - Here are the rules: 1) Ask me anything about science. 2) I will answer your questions - ... a) With deep thought and accuracy, if I know it; ...

Ask me anything... SCIENCE

OK - Here are the rules:

1) Ask me anything about science.

2) I will answer your questions -
    ... a) With deep thought and accuracy, if I know it;
    ... b) With a whole-hearted attempt (and guess work), if I'm not sure;
    ... c) With humor and lateral logic if I really don't know; and
    ... d) If your question is NOT a science-specific one, please don't post it here, as I am a dunce in all things NOT science (except Disney, of course). I emplore you to seek guidance elsewhere, most notably from our dear friend as mentioned below in point 3.

3) In a similar fashion as Dear GrumpyDude™, I will try my best to answer every question in a timely manner; I'm usually on every evening unless I fall asleep watching exciting NBA highlights.

4) Disclaimer - I don't claim to be expertly knowledgeable in ALL things science, but I've got a pretty well-rounded background, from astronomy, biology, chemistry, geology, geography, materials science, mathematics, medicine, physiology, physics, and zoology. What I don't know I'll make up - you may not be able to tell the difference.

Note: If the question you ask is from a homework assignment or for a project presentation, then please proceed cautiously. I make no claims to legal accuracy, but if you can arrange partial credit for me at your end, then let's work together for fame, fortune, and of course... SCIENCE!
    Last edited by Rocketeer; 01-26-2006 at 09:40 PM.

I can't think of anything right now Craig, but I sure hope this thread survives! Read your disclaimer, but I sure think you could come in handy in the next couple of years when Parker has Science studies on a more regular basis!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    What I don't know I'll make up - you may not be able to tell the difference.
    some of us will....

Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    some of us will....
    I'll try not to lead you astray...

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer
    3) In a similar fashion as Dear GrumpyDude™, I will try my best to answer every question in a timely manner; I'm usually on every evening unless I fall asleep watching exciting NBA highlights.
    as i said before, it never fails, there are always more.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Why does my ice cube make a popping sound when I drop it in a glass of warm liquid?
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I have green eyes. My husband, brown eyes. How did we get three blue eyed children?
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    If everything has a beginning and an end - what is at the end of the universe?
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Carrying on - who is to say North is actually North in the big scheme of things.... It could be South?!!!!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Why do schools teach the same thing over and over, year after year? My son just had a test on matter and it has to be about the 3 year in a row to have a test on this stuff...

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    Why does my ice cube make a popping sound when I drop it in a glass of warm liquid?
    you're in the wrong thread!

it is due to the warmer liquid rapidly transferring energy to the ice cubes.

Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    I have green eyes. My husband, brown eyes. How did we get three blue eyed children?
    blue eyes could've been a recessive gene in both families.

still wrong thread!

Quote Originally Posted by trickster
    If everything has a beginning and an end - what is at the end of the universe?
    wrong thread!

oh yeah, fire up another fatty for this pimp daddy.....

how do you know we aren't at the end already.

Quote Originally Posted by trickster
    Carrying on - who is to say North is actually North in the big scheme of things.... It could be South?!!!!!
    you need to stop smoking that stuff.....what if c-a-t really spelled dog!?

still wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    Why do schools teach the same thing over and over, year after year? My son just had a test on matter and it has to be about the 3 year in a row to have a test on this stuff...
    you're in the wrong thread!

schools teach the same thing over and over because they've devolved to minimum security institutions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast