Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Super Bowl XL Commercial breakdown in the Community Center forums; Okay.....first of all I wasn't overly impressed with the commercials this year (or last year for that matter). Thought I would start a thread and list some of my favorites ...

Super Bowl XL Commercial breakdown

Okay.....first of all I wasn't overly impressed with the commercials this year (or last year for that matter). Thought I would start a thread and list some of my favorites and not so favorites and see what other's thoughts are......

Favorites

- The Budweiser office one where they hid the beers to "boost moral" and then when the boss gets off the elevator the entire office was in a brawl.

- The FedEx Caveman/Dinosaur one where FedEx hasn't been invented yet.

- The Budweiser Clydesdale Horse one with the shaved sheep streaking (thought this one was very cute!)

- Loved the Disney commercial with the players from the Steelers and the Seahawks practicing how they were going to say "I'm going to Disney World!" (BTW...anybody catch the hidden Mickey on the one players t shirt? )

- Liked the Ameriquest commercials...the first one was the one in the hospital where the little girl is going to visit her Daddy and the intern had just killed a fly with the shock paddles and the little girl walks in and overhears the intern saying "he's dead"....they also had the airplane one.

- Budweiser as always impressed me with another one....thought that the Clydesdale colt one where he is trying to pull the wagon by himself with his parents behind it pushing it was very sweet......

Stupid and a waste of money!

- Jessica Simpson for Pizza Hut (isn't her 15 minutes up yet?)

- Leonard Nimoy for Aleve

- All the Diet Pepsi commercials where the can was the actual client. There were a couple....one where the Pepsi was a singer and one where it was an actor.... fire that advertising firm.

- Burger King Whopperette's....nuff said

- Kathy Griffin for Sierra Mist as an airport security guard.

- The GoDaddy.com commercial

So what is everyone elses thoughts???????

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    didn't make it past the first period.. too sick.. had to go home and go to bed...

I also like the one by Dove with the different shots of all the different young girls to the song True Colors. Not funny or creative....I just thought it was nice....

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I didn't watch the SuperBowl. I watched The Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet. Although I will get to see the ads as my company usually has an ad breakdown mtg after the superbowl....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

uratoon is offline Going back for 5 free days at any Deluxe!!!
    Where the humidity is the same as the temperature!!
    - Budweiser as always impressed me with another one....thought that the Clydesdale colt one where he is trying to pull the wagon by himself with his parents behind it pushing it was very sweet......

This one was my favorite!!!

I just thought the rest were kind of ho-hum.

(The streaking sheep was cute too)

Things I have learned living in ARKANSAS
    1. Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
    2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in ARKANSAS.
    3. We have four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Christmas.
    4. A carbonated soft drink is not a soda, cola or pop...It's a 'coke' regardless of brand or flavor. Ex...What kind of 'Coke' do you want?
    5. People actually grow and EAT okra!!
    6. Sweet Iced Tea is appropriate for all meals.
    7. You have to switch from 'heat' to A/C in the same day.
    8. All the festivals across the state are named for an animal, insect, grain, vegetable or fruit.
    9. You work until you are done or it's too dark to see.
    10. Everyone can't be an Arkansan: You have to be BRAVE to live here!

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    That clydesdale colt Budweiser commercial was my favorite too! So cute!

Karamie

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    the whopperette one - stinko !

i agree Melissa

i really enjoyed all the bud ones - i wish they hid the bud lite in our offices

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    i loved the cell phone w/ crime deterant its the only one that made me laugh out loud. I just started to crack up.
    For those who dont know what happened, 2 guys were debating who had the better phone and the one said mine has crime deterant. the other was confused so the 1st goes try and take my wallet. well the 2nd trys and the 1st throws his phone at the 2nd.

I also really like the "im going to disney world" commercial
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

Cameo is offline And the voila... you've got a Figment!
    Riding my tricycle around the parking lot
    I pretty much agree with all that's been said so far, however, my favorite of the bunch has yet to be mentioned....

I laughed out loud at the Bud Lite Revolving Wall/Magic Fridge commercial. So funny!!!
    ~Sarah~

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

"Tom Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    The revolving wall Bud Lite has won as the best commercial in a couple places. But i didnt think it was the funniest although it was good. My dad thought it was the best. Maybe the beer drinkers have an altered mind from drinking so much.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    The best one for me, was the fedex one where the fired guy kicks a small dino and then gets crushed by a brontosaurus
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy
    The best one for me, was the fedex one where the fired guy kicks a small dino and then gets crushed by a brontosaurus
    I did see that one.. (that was still early.). and yes. that was a god one..

Quote Originally Posted by lovedisprinces
    The revolving wall Bud Lite has won as the best commercial in a couple places. But i didnt think it was the funniest although it was good. My dad thought it was the best. Maybe the beer drinkers have an altered mind from drinking so much.
    I'm with ya on that one...I remembered it, just didn't feel myself it was worth mentioning. Still trying to figure out how it won best commercial!

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy
    Yes...very good one! I think this one is coming in as #3 in most of the polls.

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast