Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Discussions Discuss Our DWT Family... Florida residents in the Community Center forums; Another update... A friend of mom's lives east of Port Charlotte and part of their roof was ripped off. The damage estimate is $20,000. A lighting store not far from ...
    yensid1071 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Another update...
    A friend of mom's lives east of Port Charlotte and part of their roof was ripped off. The damage estimate is $20,000. A lighting store not far from mom's house was completely destroyed. At the same intersection on US 41 where the lighting store was/is located is the last functioning stop light. All lights further down the road are either not working or are completely gone. The big, metal street signs are all twisted. All in all, mom was lucky the eye went to the east of her. If it hadn't, she surely would have had a *LOT* more damage, just like the people in Punta Gorda.

All in all, it looks sunny and clear in FL right now, so hopefully they'll be able to get power up for more people before the regular summer rains pop back up.

One funny.... On the Weather Channel, they showed a clip of a sign someone made on the beach at Sannibel Island. They dug it in the sand for helicopters and planes to see (yes, this is true. I saw it earlier today). Their plea for assistance simply reads......

SEND BEER

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Great Weather Channel story Yensid!!!

Happy to hear your Mom is doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by buzznut31
    I live in Delray Beach, which is on the East Coast of Florida, .... Overall, the worst of Charley missed Palm Beach county entirely, and I only got some wind gusts of 30 mph. Whew!!!
    Buzznut... Wow, we didn't realize you were that close. We are relieved you faired so well. Good Luck with Earl.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Finally back online here! In Kissimmee, I moved into my house i just bought Wednesday, and had the eye of charley on Friday with 100mph winds. I was expecting the worse and ended with the best. They had a new roof installed in April so we were spared. About 80% of the neihgborhood I am in has lost some or all of their roof. We lost our fence, but I wanted to place it anyway so that helped move that project up the list a bit quicker.

Thanks for the 'poem' MB about Charley. Hope all went well with others out there in the path.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Jason,

So happy to hear that your, your family and new home are safe. (plus, youget insurance to help with your new fence!!)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

With a special thanks to Andrew in '92, we have to pay 2% of the house value if we are going to make any claim with the insurance. We are filing through FEMA for the cost of the fence.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Jason... Nice to see you back here safe and sound and in one piece.

If you need anything, well I guess we can at least provide some smiles and giggles, we're here for you.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

That worked. I just laughed after reading it. After the week of packing to move and then having to throw it all into one room in the house (and what a mess it still is) then hoping the house was standing, followed by "will they ever turn it back on" became very stressful. Even though I read it almost a week later, it was much needed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12