Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Our DWT Family... Florida residents in the Community Center forums; To our DWT Family Florida residents.... We are all hoping that you and yours are safe and sound today as Hurricane Charley approaches. Huddle together and stay safe! I hear ...
    MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

Our DWT Family... Florida residents

To our DWT Family Florida residents....

We are all hoping that you and yours are safe and sound today as Hurricane Charley approaches.

Huddle together and stay safe!

I hear tell Charley is looking to visit WDW.

Now come on, I know it is the Happiest place on earth, our own home away from home but, let's not roll out the red carpet for this guy.

I have my reasons, really I do.
    I understand...

He is a line jumper...
    He is never quiet for the productions...
    Loves to rain on the parades...

Doesn't know the difference between the Magic Kingdom and "Walt Disney World"....
    He provides the "Flash" in flash photography while on attractions
    He messes up scheduled performances...
    He causes closings with his obnoxious behavior...

He continually invades your personal space...
    He thinks it's all about him...
    He doesn't speak English (or at least he pretends not to understand it )

So let's send him packing!

Seriously.... Florida DWT members... let us know how you are. We are thinking of you.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Very nice (and quite funny) MB!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder
    OMG mickeybabe that made me almost spit out my soda it was so funny

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thanks for that MBabe! That was funny. Fortunately my brother (Adam) and his family (they live in Tampa) are in Washington, DC for the Phish show so they will be missing the fun with Charley.

Stay safe FLA guys and gals.

See you tomorrow Charley.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Todd... That is great news! I had been thinking of all of you Breakeys when the storm headed to shore.

I am glad I made you smile folks. I don't want to play down my concern but occasionally a smile can help a difficult situation.

~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    It sounds like it is going to be a rough couple of hours for FLA residents. They said a little while ago that it is a Cat 4 with 145 mph winds. And that it is the strongest storm to hit FLA since Andrew.

PLEASE take care of yourselfs down there guys. Hurricanes are NOT to be taken lightly.

Praying for you!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

yensid1071 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thanks MBabe! Very nice and I got a laugh out of it! Hey.... this means Charley didn't get a FastPass for any of the rides, right?

Just an update... I haven't posted here much, but wanted to let ya'll know my mom lives near Port Charlotte (just west of it). I've talked to her a couple times today and she's doing well. Charley is about to make landfall between Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda (ironically, I was just thru there a few weeks ago!). Just the usual heavy winds and rain in her area. The main concern is debris, but hopefully that won't be too bad. I'll be keeping an eye on things for a while (hey... I made a bad joke! Get it? Eye? Hurricane? LOL!!! Ahhh.... I crack me up......).

Adding my thoughts and prayers for those who have friends and relatives in FL and in the path of Charley.

to your Mom Yensid.

And our prayers too

Let us know how she is.

~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder
    MBabe...you expressed yourself in a clever yet genuine way...nicely done!

yensid....nice to "see" you again, and hope that your mom is doing okay with the storm.

For anyone else in the path of these storms, batten down the hatches and best wishes for each of you.

Here's a little sunshine...hope you see the real thing, real soon.
    Granny (Yep, I really am a guy)

MBabe, {{{HUGS}}}} to you!!! Thank you.

Granny, a manly handshake to you. Good to see you too.

Thanks for your thoughts for mom. It looks like the worst has passed for her and I'll give her a call in a bit just to make sure. Ya know, I think she's spent more time on the phone with people than actually prep'ing for the hurricane! LOL!! But thankfully, she should be okay.

Now let's hope and pray it doesn't do serious damage to anyone else in it's path.

Another quick post-hurricane update....
    I talked to mom earlier today on her cell phone. Luckily the eye of the storm went east of her, but she still had heavy rain and really strong winds. Her house is undamaged except for a small tree (under 6 feet tall) that was uprooted and a small tool shed/container that collapsed on itself. Her power has been out since the storm and her phone line went down after the storm passed (which is a bit ironic... lol... we figured it would happen during the storm, not after). It'll take a while to restore power knowing how many it has affected, but hopefully it won't take *TOO* long.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Yensid, thanks for the update!! Happy and relieved to hear that she escaped realtively unscathed.
    Lou Mongello

buzznut31 is offline Annual Passholder
    I live in Delray Beach, which is on the East Coast of Florida, and I still got nervous when I heard about Charley's arrival! When the possiblity cone was first posted for affected areas, it looked like Charley was going to cross the state down by the Keys and give us Palm Beach bouny residents quite a wallop!!! When the first rainbands started coming across the bottom of the state early Friday morning, I started to really get nervous, because I didn't know what to expect!!! Overall, the worst of Charley missed Palm Beach county entirely, and I only got some wind gusts of 30 mph. Whew!!!

To make matters worse, Tropical Storm Earl formed in the Atlantic today and from the looks of the forecast track, just might be following in Charley's footsteps!!!!!!!!!!! Arrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Just what use= Floridians need is another Hurricane to deal with so soon after Charley!!! Yeesh!!!!!!!!!
    Favorite Buzz Quotes: To Infinity and Beyond!!!!!
    Tell me I wasn't that deluded!!!

He's the Cutest, Handsomest character EVER!!!! :heart:

Thanks Lou!! I have one more update... This morning I got an email from mom, which means her power and phone service have been restored!! We're not sure when it happened, but everything was working this morning when she woke up. I talked to her late this morning and she's doing good.
    Buzznut, glad to hear you made it thru and the storm didn't really affect you!!
    I hope TS Earl doesn't follow the same path!! I'll be tracking it and hoping for the best!!!

Great!!! I just heard about how bad it was in places like Punta Gorda, and I feel for those families personal and financial losses. I am relieved, though, that it appears that the DWT.com family and "extended family" was spared any real damage.
    Lou Mongello

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast