Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Results 1 to 10 of 10
General Discussions Discuss Anyone out there a George Strait fan? in the Community Center forums; I am trying to obtain really good seats for my DH for an upcoming George Strait concert. George hasn't been to my part of Canada in 15 years and DH ...
  1. #1
    WDW Donna's Avatar
    WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Cambridge Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,142

    Anyone out there a George Strait fan?

    I am trying to obtain really good seats for my DH for an upcoming George Strait concert. George hasn't been to my part of Canada in 15 years and DH is a HUGE fan. The tickets go on sale on Friday, but Ticketmaster is having a presale on Thursday February 9th (tomorrow) and you have to be a member of the fan club to know the password. DH was a member for years, but gave it up a couple of years ago. I tried to become a member but you have to be enrolled for a week before the ticket sale date, and the concert was only announced on Monday.

    If anyone has any info I would be forever in your debt. I have tried googling and have the same request on a couple of other sites.

    Thanks
    Donna

    EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

  2. #2
    SnwhtNdwrfs's Avatar
    SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Posts
    45,905
    I am a George Strait fan but not in the fan club! I would love to go and see those jeans perform though!


  3. #3
    WDW Donna's Avatar
    WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Cambridge Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,142
    My DH and I saw George 3 years ago, but we had to go to Buffalo to see him. Seats were pretty good. George was AWSOME! At the end of the concert he throws out his hat, had he been facing me I would have had a chance because it went far enough I could have caught it. I don't care if he is 20 years older than me, he is one of the sexiest men out there.

    EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

  4. #4
    SnwhtNdwrfs's Avatar
    SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Posts
    45,905
    And he has good manners! Those guys are hard to come by. I haven't seen him in concert but someday, maybe.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    46,886
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW Donna
    My DH and I saw George 3 years ago, but we had to go to Buffalo to see him. Seats were pretty good. George was AWSOME! At the end of the concert he throws out his hat, had he been facing me I would have had a chance because it went far enough I could have caught it. I don't care if he is 20 years older than me, he is one of the sexiest men out there.
    So disappointed right now Donna.... how do you go from Shaun Cassidy to George Straight????

  6. #6
    WDW Donna's Avatar
    WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Cambridge Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,142
    Here is how I got from Shaun to George.
    Shaun - Donny Osmond - Bay City Rollers - Davy Jones (Monkees) - John Taylor (Duran Duran) - David Bowie - Jon Bon Jovi - Alan Jackson (DH turned me on to country when we met) - George.

    The only ones I have never seen perform are - Shaun, Bay City Rollers and Bon Jovi.
    Kind of a strange progression I know.

    EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    46,886
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW Donna
    Here is how I got from Shaun to George.
    Shaun - Donny Osmond - Bay City Rollers - Davy Jones (Monkees) - John Taylor (Duran Duran) - David Bowie - Jon Bon Jovi - Alan Jackson (DH turned me on to country when we met) - George.

    The only ones I have never seen perform are - Shaun, Bay City Rollers and Bon Jovi.
    Kind of a strange progression I know.
    lol....I wasn't asking figuratively! But thanks anyways!

  8. #8
    SnwhtNdwrfs's Avatar
    SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Posts
    45,905
    It was just a more mature jump! Shaun was a great thing to look at when I was much younger. But now...George and his jeans are just right and mature enough for me!


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    46,886
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    It was just a more mature jump! Shaun was a great thing to look at when I was much younger. But now...George and his jeans are just right and mature enough for me!


    Guess I don't want to be "mature"....cannot stand Country music!

  10. #10
    WDW Donna's Avatar
    WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Cambridge Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,142
    OK, OK, girls, no fighting about musical tastes. Can't we all be friends? There is room for all the Shauns, Georges and Jon Bon Jovis in the world.

    LOL

    EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •