Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Deepest, Darkest, Dirty little Disney Secret.... in the Community Center forums; also, try one of the areas in Camp MinnieMickey in DAK. If you go during a show it is EMPTY. I once did all four trails in ten minutes, plus ...
    AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears
    also, try one of the areas in Camp MinnieMickey in DAK. If you go during a show it is EMPTY. I once did all four trails in ten minutes, plus met Chip 'n' Dale out in the open. NO WAITING!

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    Yeah, if you want to see Mickey, don't bother with the line at the Judge's tent. Show up on Main Street, USA right at park opening and catch him and Minnie in Town Square. If you're really quick, you can be first in line. If not, it should be short at least. If you wait too long though... you might as well give up and try again another day. He's quite popular for some reason... almost like he's famous or something.
    He's loved by so many.

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I haven't met him either.

Karamie

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    I don't know what would be shocking from me.
    I have never had a Dole Whip.
    I have never been to the Hall of Presidents.
    I have yet to see Fantasmic.
    That is all I can think of right now. I probably did some shocking things as a CM there, but if I could remember (many a night at Manniquins until 2am) them I don't think I could tell them.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Quote Originally Posted by AlecTronic
    also, try one of the areas in Camp MinnieMickey in DAK. If you go during a show it is EMPTY. I once did all four trails in ten minutes, plus met Chip 'n' Dale out in the open. NO WAITING!
    Thanks for that tip, you all have givin me so many....
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    I have never had a picture taken with minnie, goofy or pluto...

i have yet to see the princesses ( did i already say that)
    I have never been to the swiss family treehouse

Put it this way, it's so much i haven't seen, why don't you all give me some things/tips that i must do and see.
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by butlers
    Put it this way, it's so much i haven't seen, why don't you all give me some things/tips that i must do and see.
    It sounds like what you need to do is save up a big ole pot o' money, and take yourself (and a loved one or two... or the whole dang family if it suits you), and go spend a one and a half to two weeks in WDW. My advice on what to see... EVERYTHING you can. Don't park hop until you've seen everything you can stand to see in each park. When you've done all the attractions, try the shows. When you're done with the shows, keep an eye out for tasty looking snacks you've never tried before. Walk around and meet the street performers. Change hotels halfway through your stay. Visit others when you're tired of the parks. If you want to see the characters but don't want to invest the time to stand in line to meet them up close, just stand off to the side and take a pic of them between guests... that's what I do personally. When you think you've done absolutely everything there is to do... go back and take a closer look, and force yourself to find something new, even if you have to do something over again and find something new within it that you'd never noticed before. There's a bazillion and a half things to do in Disney... no matter how long you stayed, you will never see all of it. but at least this way you can say that you saw as much of it as you could!

I know I'm a bit of a hypocrite here because I myself really never used to put this kind of effort into seeing everything, but now once I realized that i was doing the same things over and over, and how much I had never seen, I have started looking at the parks in an entirely new light. I'm going for a full 8 days in March, and I plan on using it to see as much of WDW as I can, focusing much of that time and energy on places and things I've never seen before.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder
    I don't own a pair of Mickey ears. I have not seen Fantasmic OR Illuminations, but Wishes...love it. I have busted my butt 3 times in Disney hotel halls...I swear the carpet came out from under me. I am spoiled...except for one night in ASMo while waiting for the next day to check into the CR ( we went a day early so we could have 5 full days), I have only stayed in deluxe resorts, yet again, a spoiled princess...lol. I have not met Aurora or Donald. I've never had a churro. I need to go back...
    Last edited by Princess Sarah; 02-12-2006 at 08:14 PM.
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder
    Oh yeah...despite my obsessions with all things French, I have never eaten at Le Chefs de France...my family that I travel with are too conservative
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Sarah
    I swear the carpet came out from under me.
    This carpet you speak of... any chance it was recovered from the Cave of Wonders?
    -Don-

Here's a deep dark family Disney secret. On one of my family's earlier WDW vacations, my then-baby brother slept in a closet for the duration of the stay.

Ok, ok... before all you parents start squaking child abuse for shoving a kid in the closet, here's the full story. I don't remember which resort we were at at the time (I want to say Caribbean Beach, but I dunno for sure), but the rollaway crip my parents had asked for fit perfectly in the closet with the doors open, and it was a great way to keep the thing out of the way so we weren't stubbing toes on it. It's not like they locked the poor kid in the closet and didn't let him come out to play. It was more like... say... an alcove.

But it was still pretty funny to say my brother slept in a closet all vacation. Which reminds me of the time I slept in a drawer, but that's another story (non-Disney... so I'll save it).
    -Don-

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    GD...I'll tell you Lori's if you tell me yours... BELIEVE ME....her's is worth hearing!!!!!
    This is NOT Let's Make a Deal!!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    My secrets...there are many, but I will just list the shocking ones:

Don't own a pair of Mickey Ears. Did as a kid, but no longer

Never went to the Enchanted Tiki Room.
    Don't like Animal Kingdom, really, at all. I like a few rides, but otherwise find it disappointing.

Never had a turkey leg

Never been on Tower of Terror (although Jerrame tells me that will change in a week or so!)

And yes, it is true...
    Never had a dole whip!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Dis, until just this past year, most of those applied to me as well! Two of them still do. But I definitely share your sentiments on DAK. I like the park, but it just doesn't feel like Disney. It was a great idea, but I think it came up short of the "magic", and just doesn't offer enough to do to fill a whole day there. But all the DAK fans i talk to out there keep assuring me that the park is still young (8 years old this april), and that if I looked back at the early days of the other Disney parks, they also had very few attractions open during those times, and that over the course of a decade or two, grew into the Disney must-sees we know to exist today. So... I've got my fingers crossed and my hopes held high, but we'll see what happens. Maybe Everest will be the kick-in-the-butt DAK needed to get people packing the park and inspire Disney to go ahead and throw some more new ideas out there.
    -Don-

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Nicole - we will make sure to cross some of those off your list on our trip! Definately will be having dole whips - yummy! (I will pass on the turkey legs, I think they are gross)

And Tower of Terror is a must~!!
    Tiki Room, well, been there, done that. But if you feel the need, I will be happy to attend with ya!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast