Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss David Blaine in the Community Center forums; Considered to be todays "Hip hop" Houdini, David Blaine is one of the worlds most amazing magicians and ultimate mystifiers. I watched a dvd on him last night and it's ...
    Tampa is offline No longer in service

David Blaine

Considered to be todays "Hip hop" Houdini, David Blaine is one of the worlds most amazing magicians and ultimate mystifiers.

I watched a dvd on him last night and it's mind boggling. I personally think his frozen in ice stunt was a hoax, but pretty much everything else he has done is very hard to explain!

One trick was where he shook a guys hands together by holding his wrists, all while the guy had a card in each hand, and the cards magically switched hands! The more amazing part was how he handed him his watch back. I watched the hand shaking in slow-mo and you can see him working the wristband off during the shaking and bam, it's off!

magicians are awesome petty thieves as well!

anyone else a Blaine fan?

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    that guy is amazing....will never figure out how he levitates!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    right? I read it's a foot/heel trick but in the vid, he gets about 11 or 12 inches off the ground, right out on plain streets and boardwalks.. he even "floated" on a busy street! Incredible.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I liked the one where he suspended himself in a glass case for a month without food. Interesting how I could be fascintated by watching a man wither way before my eyes...
    I think he will do, try almost anything! I did wonder about the ice thing as well....seems like important body parts would freeze, and you know....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    There is a difference between tricks and stunts....I like it when he does the tricks. He is an amazing magical artist.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    He's too strange for me. I like to be mystified as opposed to creeped out.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    He isnt the greatest magician by far. He is good in certain aspects but then he does those stunts like being caged for a month that have a lot to do with the cameras. And for the street tricks, he has to do a lot of set-up. I like magicians that can just go to any random place and do their tricks. Of course all tricks have some set-up to them. I've gotten to meet quite a few good magician(not big-time, but good) because I'm also a magician. Only problem with a lot of them is that they dont like to share what they do for fear of it getting stolen in another magician's act. I can still figure a lot out. Like one of my teachers. He does tricks to the class and i find myself looking at how he exicuted the trick rather than what he did. Everybody would want him to tell the secrets and i'd feel cool that i knew it.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I really enjoy watching him. A guy at my school can do the levitate thing, but no where near as high.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney