Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss An amazing day at school! in the Community Center forums; Ok, this is my 4th I repeat 4th time writing this story!!! It has taken me an hour but I seem to mess up every time. So, please, be kind. ...
    DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on

An amazing day at school!

Ok, this is my 4th I repeat 4th time writing this story!!! It has taken me an hour but I seem to mess up every time. So, please, be kind. lol

Ok, quite an adventurous day at school today and I feel like telling you all about it.

Morning - 7:30
    I arrived at school and went to the library as I do every morning. I went to go check out the latest posts here at the website! Anyways... As I went to close the blinds that were allowing sunlight to get into my eyes, I noticed a brown thing moving on the lawn outside. I noticed it was a puppy! I couldn't tell what breed, it looked like a mix between a Yorkie and something else. I didn't put too much though into it. The first bell rang and I went to PE...

Lunch - 12:30
    After I finished my lunch, I went to the library to see if, by chance, the dog was still there. Miraculously, it was. It was lying down, unflinching, in the shade. I was rather concerned. I tapped the glass as the poor creature nudged about. I advised the librarians who, of course, couldn't care less. I was determined to rescue it after school...

The Hunt - 2:49
    I was glaring at the clock. I carefully observed the seconds hand move its way towards the 10. The day was almost over and I prayed to God that the puppy was still there. The bell rang and I bolted out of the classroom. I undressed myself of all the useless pieces of my uniform that weighed me down. (My tie, belt, ID, etc.) I violently dropped my bags on the floor and rushed to the science pavillion. I rounded the corner and went to the back of the library where I saw the mutt. Thank God, it was still there! I was inching towards it as perked its head up towards me. On a positive note, it was alive. Unfortunately, it was clear that this puppy was suffering some sort of terrible infliction. I had gathered quite a crowd as I inched closer to the puppy. It began to growl. I dared not go further for the risk of rabies. I raked my mind thinking of any possible person who could help. I immediately thought of the head dean, Mrs. Acosta. Even though she had a reputation for evilness, she was the only one I knew who loved dogs more than anyone in the US combined.

I ran as fast as I could across the school to where I knew she was monitoring detention. Once I entered the room, I realized I, almost literally, had NO breath. I uttered as many words as I could detailing my situation. She understood and asked me to lead her to the poor dog. I showed it to her and she went to her van to grab some dog-catching supplies. My friend, Ray came around the corner telling me my carpool was getting restless. It was a Friday, and the last thing they wanted to do was wait for me. Mrs. Acosta got back with a bucket and specialized leash. We walked closer to the dog and it began to snarl, baring teeth. It ran away. "DO NOT LET IT ESCAPE THAT WAY!!" She signaled to the only exit it had, a small door in the fence. If it got out that way, it could get into the streets!! Me and Ray positioned ourselves next to it. We heard some barks and shouts come from around the corner..."DONT LET IT GET OUT!!!!" The dog came rushing to us!! We dove to grasp it! It was too fast and got past us!!

Luckilly for us, the dog went into the parking lot. Unfortunately, the parking lot was filled with moving cars and impatient Cubans. Me and Ray put ourselves to the last possible escape the puppy had, out onto the streets. The escape-way, though, was MUCH wider. We both knew that we didn't stand a chance against the dog if it were to run our way. Mrs. Acosta ran towards me with her bucket telling me to fill it up with water. The faucet was some meters away. If I left to fill it up, that would mean abandoning my post and giving the dog a leeway into the busy streets of Tamiami and its utter demise. I ran as fast as lightning to the faucet and filled the bucket. I ran back, gave the bucket to the head dean, and went back to my position. There was silence as my phone vibrated like crazy in my pocket. My carpool wouldn't wait longer. But I couldn't let this dog die. There was more silence as me and Ray got on our stomachs to peer under the cars and see what was happening. We saw the dog lapping up the water from the bucket. "We got it!" I said.

It was caught! Me and Ray walked around the cars to the dog. Many people followed us and surrounded us and the dog. We pet the little thing. "What is your name boy?" Mrs. Acosta said. "Nick Ley," I replied. "This dog's name is now Nick." The people around me began to applaud! Operation canine-capture was complete!
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

samurix7 is offline A-Ticket holder
    ...did you forget the part where i blasted your head like crazy yesterday!!!! so thats where you were!! i needed one more kill to get 16 points you b*****d!

lmao! I kinda wondered how you and Romy were doing.

samurix7 is offline A-Ticket holder
    well i broke my record, now its 15

I have a lot of people who took a glance at it and was too lazy to read. I promise you it's cool

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    How did it go from growling and running to a calm dog that you could pet? And weren't you still worried about rabies?

But it's a nice story, I like it.

Karamie

Well, it started drinking the water, so I assumed it was tired and not afraid of us anymore. And of course I was freaked. I barely got close to the thing.....perhaps tapped is more of the word. I admit, I pet it in its lower half while it was facing away.

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Oh, lol, that makes more sense.

Karamie

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    So where is the dog now? Did you keep Nick? Is he going to be OK?
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Mrs. Acosta kept it. I went up to talk to her about it today. She said it's doing fine and she's going to bring it to school soon and put up "Dog Found" signs.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    So.. let me get this right.. you spotted a weakened dog at school... and your dean kept it, for the moment... did I read it right??