Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss WDW will always be #1 in the Community Center forums; I just returned from a day at Paramount Canada's Wonderland and it was fun but nothing compares to a Disney Park. Stages and fences that needed painting, cast members that ...
    WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(

WDW will always be #1

I just returned from a day at Paramount Canada's Wonderland and it was fun but nothing compares to a Disney Park. Stages and fences that needed painting, cast members that needed to smile, and stage shows that just aren't what they used to be. The kids had fun though and got to see Scooby and Dora so I guess that's all that counts. I thought of it as a warm up to see how our 2year old will last at WDW, she did pretty darn good.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW Donna
    I just returned from a day at Paramount Canada's Wonderland and it was fun but nothing compares to a Disney Park. Stages and fences that needed painting, cast members that needed to smile, and stage shows that just aren't what they used to be. The kids had fun though and got to see Scooby and Dora so I guess that's all that counts. I thought of it as a warm up to see how our 2year old will last at WDW, she did pretty darn good.
    I am not familiar with PCW. Is that like King's Island in Cincinnati OH?

As to WDW always being #1, that's a given to us here. However, for some of us old timers WDW is not what is used to be, say in the 70's and 80's, but it's all relative to your own experience. I'm not a roller coaster person, which I know millions love at WDW now. Twenty-five years from now you too will probably wish for the good old days at WDW in the 00's. (I just wish I will still be alive at 82 )

Hope you all, and particularly your 2 year old daughter, have a great time at WDW. If you start with the MK you may not get her to the other parks without a struggle.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 08-21-2004 at 11:18 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Hey Jiminy - yes PCW is exactly like King's Island. In fact I beleive they are both Paramount owned. I have been to KI and I like it better than PCW.

Resorts we have tried;
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    Coronado Springs -2009

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    does canada's wonderland still have the stand up coaster?

Yes it does. It is my favourite. I don't find it as scary as the sit down ones. There is a new one called Lara Croft-Tomb Raider and this one you lie down face first. We had our kids so I didn't try it. Next time maybe.

Resorts we have tried;
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    Coronado Springs -2009

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Donna... We never took our children to a Paramont or Universal park and now all they want is Disney!

Jiminy... You are right with the MK first idea. We wouldn't have it any other way!

We also found that the other more "educational" parks can be more easily navigated a bit at a time when they know we will return to the MK that day also.

Have fun Donna!
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

epcot man is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i totally agree donna we'll probably never go anywhere else now. my Dw hasn't been to the mediterranean and i've promised one day we will but only if we manage two vacations a year because we just love that place sssooooo much!!!
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'september 9th 2004 9:09:04 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkred>clearing for take off :crazy: </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'we have lift-off';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>