Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Discussions Discuss I Am Alive!!! in the Community Center forums; MainStreet, USA said: Now... if only there was a way to salvage my stuff off the damaged hard drive on my old computer. I lost a lot of stuff that ...
    tiggerguy is online now As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly
    MainStreet, USA said:

Now... if only there was a way to salvage my stuff off the damaged hard drive on my old computer. I lost a lot of stuff that means a lot to me because of that dumb thing (including the first four chapters of that book I started writing a few weeks back, as well as almost all of the pics I took at Disney this semester). Anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to recover any of that when the old computer wont even recognize there is a hard drive there at all?
    There is a way to get stuff off a dead hard drive but it is very expensive from what I hear
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape
    New laptop? Yikes--I don't envy you any, Don, but glad you seem to have sifted through the Owner's Manual, the Shortcut Guide to the Owner's Manual, the Shortcut to the Shortcut Guide to the Owner's Manual, the single laminated Qwik-Start Sheet for those too impatient or dumb for the Owner's Manual, the 1,158 documents, the heaping fistfuls of notices in Spanish, and the 79-square feet of packing materials........
    Actually, unlike my last one which came with a big book of everything, and like 4 CDs with everything I needed to reinstall if I ever had to format, this one only came with a big illustrated card with 5 steps on how to set up and get going, and a cingle CD with everything on it. My roommate works for my schools's IT department and is a big computer nut, so if I had any real problems, I do have someone I can turn to to straighten things out. I know "serious" computer folk prefer desktops, and I can understand that... but I need to be mobile, and until the day comes when I can afford both a desktop for the brunt of my full scale computing and a laptop for the lesser demanding mobile stuff, I have to settle with just a laptop.

But reading through the specs when I was shopping around, this one sounded great. But of course that's only on paper. I guess now I just have to wait and find out how it really treats me.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12