Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss I Am Alive!!! in the Community Center forums; I know I kind of fell off the face of DWT for a couple weeks lately, but I had a good reason. Two weeks ago I was on vacation in ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

I Am Alive!!!

I know I kind of fell off the face of DWT for a couple weeks lately, but I had a good reason. Two weeks ago I was on vacation in WDW, and during the course of that week the hard drive on my computer, a 4 year old laptop I had brought with me to store my photos from the trip, decided that it wanted to start sounding more like a lawn mower than a hard drive, and then just stopped working. So I spent much of my time and effort all last week shopping for a new computer, as well as re-adjusting to school after my wonderful week off in Disney. I still poked my head in on DWT from time to time from my school's computer lab (which is where I am now), but i really haven't been able to find the time to do much at all other than a stray post here or there.

But things are looking up. Just last night i dropped a large sum of money on a brand new laptop computer that should arrive sometime between the 11th and 17th, so I should be back with you guys in full strength sometime during that time span. And I do have a lot to say, especially coming off a vacation like that. I don't know if I'll have the time and energy to right a full, detailed trip report, but I think i can report on specific days or activities. I also have a few CM appreciation posts to make (three of them actually), a number of pictures that require uploading and sharing, and a few dining reviews. Of course, one more thing I need to start keeping in mind now is that I do go back home to Connecticut the first week of May (back to dial-up AOL and sharing the one phone line with 4 other people... meaning I'm never online), so I better get what I have to say out in a hurry... I'll only have like 2 weeks to say it all in!

So anyway, I should be back up and running again real soon. See you all then!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Nice to see you Don!!!

(I admit I had been wondering where you had gone, I blamed your school work load. )

I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Welcome back and I can't wait to hear about the trip!

And get rid of that dial-up already - you do know it is 2006.....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    Welcome back and I can't wait to hear about the trip!

And get rid of that dial-up already - you do know it is 2006.....
    Tell that to my mom. She doesn't use the internet at the house, so what does it matter to her anyway? Besides... it's "cheaper".

btw... one CM appreciation post is now up in the CMs forum.
    -Don-

Hi Don!!! Yes, you were missed! Glad you are back and can't wait to hear all your reviews and see the pictures!!!

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    you were gone?????
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Was wondering what happened to you. Welcome back!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    That's great news about the new computer on the way, Don. Looking forward to hearing about your trip!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Looking forward to having you back, matey!!!!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Woo hoo... a full three days after I order the computer, I finally get an e-mail confirmation stating they got the order, and that they will send another e-mail when it ships. Now that's efficiency! At this rate I should have my computer by early August!
    -Don-

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    I wondered where you were too, hope we get to see you before you go home for the summer
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Woo-Hoo! I just checked the shipping status of my order and it appears that my new computer has arrived here at school this morning! Now all I have to do is survive through one more class from 2:15-3:15 before I can run over and pick it up. Oh boy... a new toy! I'm so excited to take it home so I can play with it.

I just bought myself a new mouse last night (because my old one had a PS/2 connection and my new computer only has USB ports and wouldn't be compatible with my old mouse), and so I got this neat little wireless optical one. This new computer has wireless LAN, and now that I have a wireless mouse and brand new battery (my old computer had a bad battery with a life of about 20 minutes) I will for the first time ever be FULLY wireless and can actually use my laptop as a laptop is intended to be used. Yay! No more being tied to a wall!!! Now I can post on DWT from the living room and watch the Disney channel at the same time... or catch up on my Disney gossip while in the middle of my Avionics class. This is so going to rock!

Now... if only there was a way to salvage my stuff off the damaged hard drive on my old computer. I lost a lot of stuff that means a lot to me because of that dumb thing (including the first four chapters of that book I started writing a few weeks back, as well as almost all of the pics I took at Disney this semester). Anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to recover any of that when the old computer wont even recognize there is a hard drive there at all?
    -Don-

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Wireless laptop - hey, maybe you can go to Starbucks or some other coffee shop with WIFI!!!!! AWESOME!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Guess what? This is my first official DWT post from my brand new laptop. Hooray!!! Look Mom, no wires! And best of all, this one doesn't sound like it runs on an internal combustion engine like my last one did. In fact, I can't hear it running at all. Sweet deal!
    -Don-

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    New laptop? Yikes--I don't envy you any, Don, but glad you seem to have sifted through the Owner's Manual, the Shortcut Guide to the Owner's Manual, the Shortcut to the Shortcut Guide to the Owner's Manual, the single laminated Qwik-Start Sheet for those too impatient or dumb for the Owner's Manual, the 1,158 documents, the heaping fistfuls of notices in Spanish, and the 79-square feet of packing materials........
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast