Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss This week just gets better and better. in the Community Center forums; I discovered that my suitemates somehow got head-lice, which is okay, whatever it happens. I'm just really upset that they weren't going to tell us, because obviously sharing a space ...
    karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder

This week just gets better and better.

I discovered that my suitemates somehow got head-lice, which is okay, whatever it happens. I'm just really upset that they weren't going to tell us, because obviously sharing a space with them my roommate and I should do precautionary measures too, like washing our bedding.

Well, I decided to go home so I could wash my sheets since I found out about their lice problem (no thanks to them), and just to be safe I stopped by the health clinic for a free check. Sigh. Need I say more? Luckily it's not that bad.

I feel icky.

Karamie

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    That stinks.. I am sorry to hear that!! I hope the whole issue clears up and you are on your way to not feeling icky anymore!!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Me too. It's so annoying...I just want to move out of the dorms. And I'm so mad at my suitemates, I know they can't help getting lice, but they could have at least been responsible enough to give us the heads up instead of making us work it out on our own.

Karamie

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    ugg...those critters just arent no fun. Seal up up what you can in plastic(airtight)for at least a month, preferably 2-3. Anything that is not washable in hot is in this category. Wash everything you can in HOT water and HOT dry. If you can afford it buy the spray to put on things(its a little pricey) We went thru a bout of them a year ago from some costumes given to my little one. The ppl that gave them to her moved so I couldnt yell at them for not telling me that they were not clean-I found out later they had had them a few months B4 ...I know the feeling of inconsiderate folk...HA!

They can be picked up as easily as laying your head against a bus seat so cleanlynish(sp?) sometimes is not a factor in who gets them or not. You can always give them names...I'm kidding..lol

Sorry you are having such a bad week can only go up from here on out.

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Yea living in a suite full of girls is not fun! (I am guessing you are living with all girls since you are a female yourself) Trust me. My freshman year I lived on campus in a suite of 10 other girls plus myself!! It was H-e-double hockey stick! We had 4 bedrooms and I was lucky enough to get the only double but not lucky enough. My roommate was pretty pramiscuous (sp) and brought over many of the men she met online. It was not a fun time. Needless to say I am glad that year of my life is over.

But don't worry it will get better! Trust me. I just went through it and graduated a little over a year ago (even though the working world makes you miss college) it will get better. So just keep smiling, wash EVERYTHING.. Maybe even bring back some wrestler that might have ringworm and share him with them. Just kidding.. Would be funny though..
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    ahh karamie, hope that you are well on your way to not feeling icky anymore... to see if i can make you smile, it could be worsts you know.
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Quote Originally Posted by butlers
    ahh karamie, hope that you are well on your way to not feeling icky anymore... to see if i can make you smile, it could be worsts you know.
    Little smile.

Thanks everyone for the tips and advice. I'm working on my bedding and stuff right now.

And I tried that stupid comb thing, but my hair is so thick it's virtually impossible to do. I asked my mom to help me but she had to go meet a friend, who is obviously more important than me. I never ask her for anything, and my dad does everything. I'm so annoyed with everything.

Karamie

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Quote Originally Posted by karamie

I asked my mom to help me but she had to go meet a friend, who is obviously more important than me. I never ask her for anything, and my dad does everything. I'm so annoyed with everything.
    ahh, it'll be okay... promise
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    My head itches just reading this! Like they said wash everything you can, anything you can't needs to be sealed up for awhile(spacebags work great), might be easier to just buy new pillows they don't wash well. Good luck with everything and remember the school year is almost over.
    Maggie

Soccergirl426 is offline Annual Passholder
    [QUOTE=HappyDznyCamper]My head itches just reading this!QUOTE]
    Agreed. I've experinced the lice craziness before, just remember, if you got an itchy head...dont take second chances.

Sigh, I didn't even have an itchy head. Well, after I discovered they had lice, I felt all itchy.

How well do stuffed animals wash? Hehe...yes, I sleep with a stuffed animal and I don't want to leave him in a bag for a month.

Karamie

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    SUGGESTION TIME:

My daughter has horribly thick hair. We tried all the products but the only way we got rid of them was by putting olive oil on her hair every night for about a week. We then put a shower cap on her head and she slept on towels over a pillow. In the morning, we washed her hair with dishwashing liquid (cuts the grease wonderfully). We still had to try and comb out the hair but by doing this and combing, we got a handle on the problem.

She got them from the girl who sat next to her in class. Not much fun.

Thanks for the suggestion. The lady at the health clinic suggested also doing vinegar. It's so much work, whatever I do. And I don't even know if I'm making a difference because try as I might I haven't seen a single egg or nit. (That just sounds disgusting, sorry!)

Karamie

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    The olive oil thing works well as does loads of conditioner. The solution is really creamy and smooth and should help. Try sectioning your hair off into tiny sections and always use the same side of the comb and rinse it out in hot water inbetween combs.(run the water on in the opposite side that you used) Kinda hard to describe in print but start at the roots and make one long slow pass down the section of hair till you get to the end. Do this over the sink if you can so the critters and pre-critters go into the sink-makes it easier to clean up. They will look like little dots of dirt (TEENY) It is going to take a while-have patience. You might want to do each section more then once. If you can treat your hair again in about 5 days. The stuff usually says gets rid of them in one treatment, but I figure better safe then sorry.

I don't think my hair's that bad...of course it's hard to know what you're looking for, but I really couldn't find anything. But I think I'll go try combing again now that I have some more tips.

Karamie