Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Art Class with Mr. Bobby in the Community Center forums; Thanks to MBabe's excellent suggestion Mr. Bobby's Art Class thread is now open! I believe something like this was suggested when I first got my job and I was going ...
    PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...

Talking Art Class with Mr. Bobby

Thanks to MBabe's excellent suggestion Mr. Bobby's Art Class thread is now open! I believe something like this was suggested when I first got my job and I was going to have an Art thread throughout my first year of teaching, however, that never happened. So, with only 35 days left of school I think it's time to begin...

Edited to add:
    Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81
    Hello class!

I wanted to let you all know that our Art Gallery will soon be opening and we will be able to display all of your outstanding work! I've seen a lot of talent in my students and their families thus far and am looking forward to what else is out there.

Once our Gallery is open the only requirements I have for anyone to post are as follows:

1. I would like to identify each art project with the following information...

Name: (This can be your real first name or your screen name, whichever you prefer. If posting artwork by family members, please identify them as either "Mickey1928's daughter" or "Nicole (Mickey1928's daughter)")
    Medium: (crayons, markers, acrylic/oil paints, computer, etc.)
    Title: (Title of your work, if you have one)
    Date posted: (when you post your picture)

Upload your artwork into your DWT photo album, post it to the Class Thread and we will add it to the gallery.

2. I will not be grading the "assignments" or work shared, and do not want anyone else to either. I think participation and inspiration are more what we are aiming for in our Art Class.

3. I also request that no polls, contests or "survivor" type threads result from students sharing their artwork. We are here to support one another in the pursuit of Art and Creativity, not to detract from it. I would hate for anyone to be afraid to share their artwork with us.

Other than that, have fun and let's start sharing our artwork!

~Mr. Bobby
    Last edited by PumpkinJack81; 05-09-2006 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Added Art Gallery guidelines
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

So what is today's assignment Mr. Bobby?

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...

Thursday, 4/20/06

Today in class we will begin taking a look at painting...

It just so happens that today is the birthday of the Spanish surrealist painter and sculptor Joan Miró (1893-1983). To see some of Miró's work, click here. We will look at one of Miró's paintings, as well as the paintings of other famous artists and a few of my own.

Objectives: Students will be able to create original paintings using a variety of ideas and approaches; use painting media, tools and techniques expressively; effectively design their own paintings.

Essential Questions: 1) What is the subject of an artwork? 2) What is pigment in paint?

Lesson Input/Modeling: I will lead a lesson on creating a painting, showing students how to first plan their composition and then begin to paint. We will take a look at the various artworks during this time, looking for the elements of art (line, shape, form, color) as well as the subjects in each painting.

Guided Practice: Students will begin to use the media and tools and try out a couple of painting techniques.

Independent Practice: Students will then be given time to create their own composition, making sure they plan ahead before beginning to paint.

Closure/Summary: Check for understanding by asking the essential questions and seeing who can answer them.

Let's have some fun with painting!
    Last edited by PumpkinJack81; 04-20-2006 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Mr. Bobby can't spell
    ~Bobby Jack

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe

So what is today's assignment Mr. Bobby?

Ah, you're early for class MBabe, but that's good. It's better to be early than late. I don't like tardy students. Today's lesson is above.
    ~Bobby Jack

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    So... what grade level is this assignment for?

Is this a day's assignment or longer? It seems like a lot to accomplish in a short time.
    ~ Valerie
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    So we can use any form to Paint our Pictures?!?! Ok I will think real hard and hopefully have something posted by the end of the day!! Thanks for the Great thread Bobby!!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    sorry i'm so late to class Mr. Bobby, i know you don't approve of tardy students, but i couldn't find my composition book that i need to take all of these wonderful notes... i do have to go with mickeybabe, how long do we have for this assignment.. Are we able to use oil paints.

Great thread Bobby... i'm so ready to paint...
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe
    So... what grade level is this assignment for?

Is this a day's assignment or longer? It seems like a lot to accomplish in a short time.
    I'm mainly using this for my 7th and 8th grade classes today. It's mainly for my 7th grade because I have to video tape them today so I can take notes on my teaching (something my mentor suggested and is helping me with). This thread will be a nice way for me to write my lesson plans, which is great!

My input/intro will be short with a little book reading for terms and examples of paintings. Then I'll lead the class in a quick "how-to." They'll begin working on their own paintings today and we'll continue to work on them next week.
    Last edited by PumpkinJack81; 04-20-2006 at 01:02 PM.
    ~Bobby Jack

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale
    So we can use any form to Paint our Pictures?!?! Ok I will think real hard and hopefully have something posted by the end of the day!! Thanks for the Great thread Bobby!!
    We'll be using Tempra and Acrylic paints and the students will "invent original imagery to convey meaning," or try to create their own unique painting that will show some type of mood. The examples of my own paintings that I'll show are all abstract figure paintings. I'll try to take pics of them and post them on here. (If I can remember to bring the digital camera first. )

Glad you're excited about the thread! I am too!
    ~Bobby Jack

Quote Originally Posted by butlers
    sorry i'm so late to class Mr. Bobby, i know you don't approve of tardy students, but i couldn't find my composition book that i need to take all of these wonderful notes... i do have to go with mickeybabe, how long do we have for this assignment.. Are we able to use oil paints.

Great thread Bobby... i'm so ready to paint...
    That's OK, just try to make it on time from now on. I'm glad you're at least prepared (unlike most of my students). As I said, we'll being working on our own paintings today and will continue to work on them next week. Keep in mind that I have 90-minute block classes. No oil paints today Debbie, I'm sorry.
    ~Bobby Jack

LadyDooley is offline A Wishing Apple?
    Ready Sir,
    Are we going to be painting Happy Clouds and Happy Trees like Bob Ross?

LOL!!

Loves First Kiss!

Is there any reading for us here (other than the link provided)?

Do we need to give you our interpretations of the "Essential Questions" or will you provide definitions?

Will you provide examples of suggested techniques? (Are we to pull technique from Miro or use our own?)

Any basics for your new students here?

Sorry for so many questions, i seem to be ravenous in my new search for knowlege and pathway of creative expression.

btw... have you seen today's google hompage in honour of Joan Miro?
    ~ Valerie
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    I am not a fancy painter nor am I going to go out and buy somethings but I am really good with AutoCAD and other computer Aided Drafting tools. So here is something I whipped up for all of you here.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    can i get an A for showing up?

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Can I get a hall pass to use the bathroom?
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast