Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss It's official: This Yankee moving to Louisiana in the Community Center forums; I'm Louisiana Bound: It hasn't exactly been a secret, but since a few people have asked for the details, here it is: My husband is getting transferred to a plant ...
    DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.

It's official: This Yankee moving to Louisiana

I'm Louisiana Bound:
    It hasn't exactly been a secret, but since a few people have asked for the details, here it is:
    My husband is getting transferred to a plant manager position in Picayune, MIssissippi, and we are moving south (from MIchigan, where we are from) as of end of June/first of July.
    I just told my work (sorry to leave my job, I love it) but the deal was too good for our family to pass up.:$$: :$$:

We are moving to the north shore region of Louisiana-I fould a GREAT school district for my kids, and I shocked myself and really like the area! Anyway, we found a house (which I love!) and close end of May on that. Lots to do in the meantime, might not be on here quite as much, but that is the deal with me for right now.

Thanks for listening guys! (anyone know of a good job for a PR/Communicaitons/Marketing person part time in the Covington/Mandeville area of Louisiana? )
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Hey Nicole! That's exactly where my parents moved about 5 years ago. They lasted about 3 months and were back to Michigan they hated it! Hope you guys fair better. Maybe you bought their house? So now...when are you leaving? Hopefully I will be up North before you move so we get to meet!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    That's nice to hear Nicole.. Will be thinking of you as you go on this new journey in your life, and will be thinking of you when you do new and exciting things...
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Thanks!

Melissa, I really expected to hate it and told Mike not to get his hopes up about my agreeing to it-in fact, I WANTED to hate it, but found I thought the area was charming. The town we are moving to reminds me of my home, and as I hate the cold, that is a plus. I visited the schools and liked them, and after 3 visits in 2 months, I think I will be ok. If not, we can move again in 3 years (that is our committment, because of all the $ they are putting up for the move)

Thanks for the well wishes. Now whose ready for a road trip to help me pack?

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    How wonderful ! That sounds like it is right on my way to Disney World! Covington/Hammond is about halfway on our drive! Just think how much closer you will be now.

I hope everything works out well for you. Good luck moving!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    It is warm there in the winter. It is also warm in the summer. Very, Very, VERY warm. Just take it easy until you acclimate to it and you will be fine. DON'T try mowing the lawn with a push mower at 3 in the afternoon. You will soon understand why the neighbors mow at 6:00 AM. Being a Southern Belle myself, I am very jealous. CAN I GO?
    They call me "Nana"

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    It is warm there in the winter. It is also warm in the summer. Very, Very, VERY warm. Just take it easy until you acclimate to it and you will be fine. DON'T try mowing the lawn with a push mower at 3 in the afternoon. You will soon understand why the neighbors mow at 6:00 AM. Being a Southern Belle myself, I am very jealous. CAN I GO?

Hey! Indiana is south! Um...south of Michigan!

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    What great news Nicole! I'm so glad to hear you're happy with your new home and the area you'll be living in. Keep us posted on everything! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers are you make your move down south.
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Congratulations and best wishes, Nicole! How exciting! Good luck with the packing and the move!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Woo-hoo! I live in Kenner on the south shore! You'll love it down here in N'awlins!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    You know I'm always up for a road trip! I'm crazy enough to do just about anything! lol
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    watch out for them hurricanes!

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    watch out for them hurricanes!
    Wait, they have hurricanes down there?

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    Hey Nicole! That's exactly where my parents moved about 5 years ago. They lasted about 3 months and were back to Michigan they hated it! Hope you guys fair better. Maybe you bought their house? So now...when are you leaving? Hopefully I will be up North before you move so we get to meet!
    wow.... what encouragement!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    well nicole.... hope you do enjoy it.... dont listen to melis... remember she is the trouble maker of the site!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast