Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Do you think they are the same??? in the Community Center forums; Wasn't sure if I wanted to start a thread on this but you may have some ideas for me. I have been trying to get the DH to take the ...
    SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Do you think they are the same???

Wasn't sure if I wanted to start a thread on this but you may have some ideas for me.

I have been trying to get the DH to take the kids to WDW and have suggested that we go in Thanksgiving 2007 (yeah!!) He has been giving me a very difficult time with it and in many ways has just been picking on me about it but that is beside the point.

Today we take our third child to Chuck E. Cheese's (can't spell that)to help celebrate his birthday and, of course, DH says, "see we don't need to go to WDW- there is a rodent wearing shorts right there!" No, I did not hurt him in a public setting but I was tempted. I point out that there is no Space Mountain and he points to a roller coaster ride simulator type thing. The little boys loved it! But it is no Space Mountain. He even said that the junk toys at CC's were just like getting souvenirs at WDW.

(He did not mention the quality of food which WDW would have won--hands down! I am not sure that was even pizza we were eating.)

So, I would like suggestions on how to get him away from the truly dark side and over to the fantastic side of WDW. Yes, I do think he is just pestering me but I would love to hear how you would have handled this situation. Or how you might have handled situations where people related something not anywhere close to WDW as being the same.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    how can he compare the two???????????????????????????????????????????? WDW IS SO MUCH BETTER
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Oh, yeah, and when we got home, one of the kids were playing with the Sorceror Mickey with the spinning things on his head. He smarts off and says---" Look it's Fantasmic."

I am thinking he may really need therapy.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    OMG Gae I am convinced they should hand out buttons that say "I survived a Chuck E. Cheese Birthday Party" to every parent that goes through that. The things we do for our kids!

CEC has more in common with Lester's Possum Park than Disney World. I would recommend making your DH watch the WDW planning video, then drop him off at Mr. Cheese's for a weekend. Sort of cruel and unusual punishment, but torture might be required after the 'mouse in shorts' comment.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

I was thinking along those lines! We just went for lunch and watched another birthday party- that was enough for me! I have a planning video around here somewhere- may be time to watch that and have the boys all get involved with the line of attack that we obviously are going to have to take. I just can't believe what I was hearing.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Just do like I am doing and decorate each and every room in the house with a Disney theme, buy him jammies with Mickey on them, make meals from Disney recipies and waft smells thru the air like they do at the parks. You could make him eat, sleep and breathe Disney. Eventually he will succumb to it all. LOL

Hadn't thought of the jammie! Father's Day is coming up

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    So the DH brings up the point that they each have a mouse for a mascot?

Gae, tell him to take a good look at the two. The character promoting Chuck E. Cheese is sleazy--frankly, he looks like the Dennis Franz of the rodent kingdom.

If I had ankle-biters of my own, I know I'd splurge and take them on the holy pilgrimage to WDW any day of the year.

(Besides, the food is infinitely superior at the park.)
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    Wasn't sure if I wanted to start a thread on this but you may have some ideas for me.

I have been trying to get the DH to take the kids to WDW and have suggested that we go in Thanksgiving 2007 (yeah!!) He has been giving me a very difficult time with it and in many ways has just been picking on me about it but that is beside the point.

Today we take our third child to Chuck E. Cheese's (can't spell that)to help celebrate his birthday and, of course, DH says, "see we don't need to go to WDW- there is a rodent wearing shorts right there!" No, I did not hurt him in a public setting but I was tempted. I point out that there is no Space Mountain and he points to a roller coaster ride simulator type thing. The little boys loved it! But it is no Space Mountain. He even said that the junk toys at CC's were just like getting souvenirs at WDW.

(He did not mention the quality of food which WDW would have won--hands down! I am not sure that was even pizza we were eating.)

So, I would like suggestions on how to get him away from the truly dark side and over to the fantastic side of WDW. Yes, I do think he is just pestering me but I would love to hear how you would have handled this situation. Or how you might have handled situations where people related something not anywhere close to WDW as being the same.
    I would have shaved his eyebrows.....after hurting him in public

Quote Originally Posted by flutter
    I would have shaved his eyebrows.....after hurting him in public

Now why didn't I think of that! But his whole attitude makes it easier to understand why he wouldn't let me come with you to celebrate our birthdays----he is delusional.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Flutterby! Long time, no see! Gae, I know he has been to the Holy Land, so I don't understand what his issues are. I think he is just pushing your buttons. Now the only thing to figure out is which buttons of HIS to push back!
    They call me "Nana"

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder

hi gae ::gasp::

check this out if you read this post along with ur signature it looks like it fits in
    lol

""""""""""""Now why didn't I think of that! But his whole attitude makes it easier to understand why he wouldn't let me come with you to celebrate our birthdays----he is delusional.

Kyle-- yes- that explains him and this whole situation completely!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Simulator? Why wouldn't you want to give your kids the REAL THING?!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

LadyDooley is offline A Wishing Apple?
    Just do what I did..... My DH does not care for the BIG TRIP to WDW. So my friend and I just went for a 4 day trip of our own. Leave the kids behind, the DH can take them back to Chuck E Cheese.

You go and enjoy every second of the great and wonderful WDW!!!

That is what I did!!!

Loves First Kiss!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast