Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Discussions Discuss Frances Check-In! in the Community Center forums; Checking in from Delray Beach!!! This is the first time that I'm able to check in since Frances hammered this area early Saturday morning. I lost power about 12:30 Saturday ...
    buzznut31 is offline Annual Passholder
    Checking in from Delray Beach!!! This is the first time that I'm able to check in since Frances hammered this area early Saturday morning. I lost power about 12:30 Saturday afternoon when the first few feeder bands started to arrive in the area, and just got it back about a half an hour ago. My home was extremely lucky, considering the fact that there was a major part of the eyewall that hit the area. The only thing that happened here was that a large tree was uprooted behind the porch, and a couple of screen pieces were ripped. Telephone lines are stll out, as well as cable, so I can't watch the Weather Channel!!!!

The status on Ivan is that it might hit the Gulf Coast of FL.

Is it November 30th yet?

I couldn't get over how SLOW Frances was!!!! The Warning for this area was put up on Thursday morning, but the it didn't even make landfall until 1:00 Sunday morning!!! Yeesh!!! Then it took about 3 to 4 hours for the eye to cross the area, and the weather is still not quite perfect, because Frances was so big, that some of the outer bands were still affecting this area long after the main part of the storm was affecting the west coast.!!!

Overall, I'm fine here, and EXTREMELY thankful that, considering how SLOW Frances was moving, that it wasn't a Cat. 4 or 5 storm!!!!
    Favorite Buzz Quotes: To Infinity and Beyond!!!!!
    Tell me I wasn't that deluded!!!

He's the Cutest, Handsomest character EVER!!!! :heart:

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Glad to hear you are OK.

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Glad to hear that you're OK ! and glad to hear that there wasn't much damage to your home! I hope Ivan stays far away!!!

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Hey guys, My Mom talked to Adam (they live in Tampa) earlier this morning. They lost power this morning around 2:00 am and still don't have it back. Everyone is fine in thier household. Apparently some damage to the house, but that can be fixed.

I suspect it will be a while before FL is back to mornal. Especially with Ivan the Terrible setting his sights on the Sunshine State now. Don't take down the plywood just yet!

I'm glad to hear that, so far, all our DWT friends are alright.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Still havent heard from Kelly (devkxl) yet
    she was due back this weekend - probably couldnt get out

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Was she flying? If so I know that West Palm is still closed due to damage. MCO opened this morning. TPA opened this morning also. MIA opened last night I think. All of those airports closed on Friday. The problem is, just because they opened today, they won't have anyflights until mid morning at the earliest. There were no commercial planes on the ground in FLA over the weekend. So they needed to be repositioned. Also you have to take into consideration getting employees to work. Most do not have power, cable, or phone so they might not know the airport is open. Also, they may not be able to get out of the neighborhood due to fallen trees.

I wouldn't look for people on return flights until tonight at the earliest. The "distressed" travelers will not have priority over those with ressies for today. They will have to "go standby" and hope they can get out.

I know that was a little bit off topic, but as an airport worker, I've seen the problems that storms (both hurricanes and ice storms) can cause and thought I would pass it on.

CB, let us know when you hear from Kelly.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12