Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Frances Check-In! in the Community Center forums; At the (excellent) suggestion of some of our members, this thread is for our friends in Florida who are either residents or were visiting to "check-in" after Hurrican Frances, so ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Frances Check-In!

At the (excellent) suggestion of some of our members, this thread is for our friends in Florida who are either residents or were visiting to "check-in" after Hurrican Frances, so we know that they are doing OK.

I know we have a few members who live in southern and central Florida, as well as others who may be visiting - please post here and keep us apprised of your status!

Thanks!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    May I add that you all are in our hearts and prayers.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Subscribing while I can.

The Osceola Cty Mgr was just on tv. This guy is a hoot. He first told us about a love story... "When Charley met Frances in a place called Kissimmee"

Yesterday he was asked "Who's in a low lying area". He told everyone to get out their driver license and look at it it will tell you. After about 30 seconds the reported asked where it was because she didn't see it. He responded "It's that word at the top, 'Florida' ". This guy is great and keeping a very up beat attitude.

Well I am in the area around Kissimme/Celebration. The house is like a cave right now, very dark. All the boards are up and the sandbags are standing by.

buzznut31 is offline Annual Passholder
    Checking in from Delray Beach. Well, I've been "running through the raindrops", so to speak, with the power being off and on. Recently, the power was off for over 2 hours, and I thought it was off for good. Well the first rain band came through about a half an hour ago, and according to the latest radar image, the first MAJOR rain band will be coming through around 2 or 3'o clock.

I'll keep posting while I can from here. At least the major flooding that's predicted from this slow-moving Cat. 3 hurricane hasn't occurred yet.
    Favorite Buzz Quotes: To Infinity and Beyond!!!!!
    Tell me I wasn't that deluded!!!

He's the Cutest, Handsomest character EVER!!!! :heart:

There is still plenty of water to come. keep dry

I've already experienced a couple of rain bands, and it looks like another one is just offshore and probably going to arrive withing the next couple of hours.

Well, the only positive thing is that it is now only a Cat. 2, from a strong Cat. 4.

The one thing that really is annonying is that it's moving at 4 mph, which means that nobody will know exactly where Frances will make landfall until sometime tomorrow!!!

Not only that if Frances goes this slowly across the state, I'll probably be flooded in my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darn you, Frances, you were not invited here!!!!!!!

I was not happy about the 4mph either. Orange County is already getting power outages from the little bit of wind we have here. We are a few hours away from those first bands. Let us know how things are down there!

Things are REALLY starting to blow down here!!!! I checked the Weather Channel's local forecast a half an hour ago, and the latest gust was clocked at 53 mph!!!!! And the weather is only going to get worse!!!! It's pouring rain as well. The predicted landfall is in Stuart, so I'll be getting the Hurricane-force winds!!!!!!

This may be the last time I can check in with updates before the power goes, so wish me a lot of luck!!!!!! I'm going to need it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Stay safe, and keep in touch as possible.
    Lou Mongello

We are still at about 20-25 mph here and the first big band is about an hour away.

Posted this in the show your book thread but it works here as well for those who have not seen it....

With all these Storms that keep hitting us here we have decided to make a storm supply box. Our ottomans have a removable cover and you can store a bunch of junk and what not in them. We have converted one of them to include batteries, radio, plastic tarps, lights and the most important thing... one of our DWT books!

(Click to enlarge)

Well "Checking in" for the moment.

Finally lost power & cable this am around 9. Been running on generator since. Cable was restored for the moment around 6p. Gusts are still 30-40 with many hours to go.

House is still safe.

Hope everyone else is still doing ok.

Live from Central Florida

Here is a quick pic we just took with our exterior camera moments ago. Since our windows are boarded up this is our only 'window' to the outside. Winds are still kickin pretty good.
    Last edited by TrendyMagic; 02-11-2007 at 03:21 PM.

Jason, Happy to hear you are doing (relatively) well. That's a pretty telling (and scary) picture. Our continuing thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Lou Mongello

What's left of the east eye wall is about to run through here, they are expecting 60-70 in gusts. I am so very happy and lucky to have a generator. Still no phone service. Not sure what the state wide totla is right now for power out last count was nearing 3M+.

From WDW:
    As of this afternoon, all Walt Disney World Guests are well and safely housed in our resort hotels. All areas of the Walt Disney World Resort are safely withstanding the storm and continue to have power. We anticipate opening our theme parks on Monday, Sept. 6, however we will not open unless it is safe for our Guests and our Cast. We continue to monitor the storm through information from the National Weather Service and consultation with emergency preparedness officials. All Cast Members scheduled for work on Sunday, September 5 or Monday, September 6 should contact their area leadership before reporting to work by calling their local area hotlines. Guests who have questions should call 407-WDW-INFO or 407-939-4636.

Lou Mongello

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast