Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Lou not sighted in Frontierland in the Community Center forums; The hoardes of people gathering at the gates of the Magic Kingdom, poised to make a dash towards Frontierland as soon as the ropes drop, will be greatly disappointed to ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Lou not sighted in Frontierland

The hoardes of people gathering at the gates of the Magic Kingdom, poised to make a dash towards Frontierland as soon as the ropes drop, will be greatly disappointed to not find Lou singing there this morning.

Yes, like Britney canceling her concerts after another kooky marriage, Lou has decided to postpone his trip to WDW, thanks to his arch-nemesis, Ivan the Really-Crummy.

At around midnight last night, Lou's representatives called ABC News (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Disney Company), and broke the exclusive news. They then tried reaching out to the nice and understaning woman from whom he rented points from that he was trying to postpone his trip for one week.

As DVC Member Services does not open until after Lou was supposed to be at the airport, coupled with the fact that the member herself would be in transit this morning, Lou (still in his pajamas) and his family must now sit and wait patiently by the phone.

Details to follow, but Louis now looking to appear in Frontierland from September 17-25 (limited engagement, get your tickets now).

Come on... now way Florida can get hit with a 4th hurricane... could they?

We appreciate your support and patience in this matter. Now Lou has to go to work for another week. Ugh.
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 09-10-2004 at 10:28 AM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    What a bummer! However, no use taking chances with the little one. Remember, "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow . . . ."
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Thanks, JC. Now it's a waiting game to see what's going to happen with my reservations....
    Lou Mongello

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Now Lou gets to sing for us here at DWT for another week

-pleased- <----- MBabe enoying the Stylings of Frontierland Lou

(She is the one with the smile and earplugs in. )

No worries Lou.... I understand the Next hurricane will be Hurricane Goofy and will only be hitting Universal parks next week.

Seriously, we are happy to know you all will be safe and sound.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    did the airlines charge you for changing your flight?

Kellie - just spoke with Continental again - they are being very helpful. As I await the call about the hotel (BWV not available next week so member trying other options. Ugh again), they said that as long as I stay over a Saturday, they'll change it wil no problems or penalties. (FYI - using Continental Membership Rewards points for trip)

I'll keep you all posted.
    Lou Mongello

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    good luck

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    OH please.......we've already had a hurricane starting with G.....The next one would be J....as in Jafar.......!!!!! (sorry, but no cute jafar icon to display here....)
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

buzznut31 is offline Annual Passholder
    I'm glad that you're doing the right thing by postponing your trip for a week.

I'm in an even worse situation down here in S. FL. Just waiting to see where Ivan "the Terrible" will end up is absolutely nervewracking for me, especially since I just got power restored after Frances this past Monday!! Now to find another hurricane is most likely going to affect this area by late Sunday or early Monday morning, I don't know how much more of this I can take!!!!! The sooner November 30th comes, the better, in my opinion!!!! I just want this hurricane season over with, and for them to STOP using Florida for target practice!!!!!

Again, have a good time next weekend, Lou!!!!!!! Take a lot of pictures for us loyal members in your favorite hangout in the MK, Frontierland!!!!!!!

Talk to you again when you return, and stay safe when you do arrive!!!
    Favorite Buzz Quotes: To Infinity and Beyond!!!!!
    Tell me I wasn't that deluded!!!

He's the Cutest, Handsomest character EVER!!!! :heart:

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    oops...Sorry. Jafar huh?I don't know if he would be as cooperative in hitting only Universal.... Hmmmmm

Maybe Jiminy?

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Buzz, our thoughts and prayers are with you (again) this weekend and coming few days.

I agree that we are doing the right thing by waiting. If it was just us, we may have gone, but with the baby, it would have been tough and not enjoyable for any of us I think.

So, here's what happened:

Decided late last night, having watched Ivan make a bee-line for Florida, that we should try and change plans. DVC member Services was closed, and no one else could help. Had to call the woman we rented points from at midnight (she is in Texas, so it was "only" 11). Fortunately, she was very receptive and understanding. However, she was going to be in transit this morning, and unable to contact Member Services until long after we should have been on our flight out.

Well, a VERY long story short....

4 hours on the phone later.... (Did I mention would have been a LOOOOOONG story??) after back and forth with the woman, Continental, Member Services, Disney CRO, and I think I may have spoken to Santa Claus somwhere in there, we worked it out.

Anyway...we're going next Friday the 17th to the 25th. Sadly, no at the BWV (or anywhere else for that matter), so we're going to OKW and the VERY VERY nice woman we rented points from is giving us back the difference in the cost! (Something she could have opted not to do).

So, I spend about 3 hours on phone with airlines - have to take ealier flight out, no longer 1st class (was using points), and later flight back (still in 1st), but everything else is OK.

So, bottom line is - we miss the rain, get some $$ back, had to scramble for flights, lots of phone time, not our ideal resort... but i think a better vacation will be had by all in the long run.
    So........ anyone gonna be there between the 17th and 25th?? for a Mini-Meet "Take 2"??
    Lou Mongello

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Wow, Lou, considering the lateness of the hour you changed your mind, you got really lucky. OKW is still quite nice and pleasant to stay at, though I believe they have started or are about to start work on renovating the main pool. No matter what, it will be better than staying in your room for 2 days with the patio furniture.

I looked up the official hurricane names: Jeanne, Karl, and Lisa are next. Let's hope we don't see any of them!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Agreed 100%!!! I just didn't like the idea of going to WDW (especially with DD's first time) and having that be our experience. Nice that things worked out as well as they did.
    Lou Mongello

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    to quote one of my favorite movies........"It could be worse...............it could be raining." (insert thunder sound here!)

Lou - as others have said, enjoy yourself. Obviously you went through a lot to get down there so enjoy! I'm 36 days out myself and starting to get extremely excited about my upcoming trip.

Do you need a map to find Frontierland?
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Lou you'll Love OKW it's really nice - one of our favorites - it's great with a family !

Sorry you missed the anniversary celebration at WDW

We'll toast you 2 at our celebration in November...hopefully the hurricane season will be all blown out by then...

but with our luck it'll be hurricane Matthew ( our 19 yr olds name) but it would be fitting

Remember any trip to WDW is a great trip!!!
    Right??