Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss If i spell something wrong (witch i do) please... in the Community Center forums; Do not point out that i spelled it wrong bc.. say i made a new game. but i spelled something wrong in it. please be there to do the game, ...
    Suiteliferoxs is offline I'm back and im ready to post!

If i spell something wrong (witch i do) please...

Do not point out that i spelled it wrong bc.. say i made a new game. but i spelled something wrong in it. please be there to do the game, not to find something i did wrong. I'm only ten, and I'm not the best speller, and is just playing DWT like you. So all im asking is well...if a spell something wrong, just dont bother doing anything about it. thx
    Got Disney?

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    No one is trying to pick on you, think of us like friends who aren't afraid to tell you when you make a mistake. After all if you don't know something is wrong you can't learn to do it right. That is how we all learn. When starting new threads I would suggest however that you may need to use a dictionary until your spelling improves(we all know it will) so that you can cut down on any confusion about what you mean. Keep enjoying the forums and keep learning.
    Maggie

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    you obviously haven't met Jer yet... you have nothing to worry about!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    The only time I usually point out spelling is when I don't understand what people are really trying to say. I did point something out one day through a PM and now I feel so horrible about doing so. Turns out the person never spells things correctly and I honestly was trying to help but I still feel really, really, really, bad so i don't do it any more. That and I have trouble typing and the words don't come out spelled correctly!

Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    Yea I've seen her posts , but at least he is still young and there is still hope for him .
    Maggie

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf

WOOOOOO I LOVE IT.... SHE'S GONNA GET YOU... OH BTW, HOW OLD IS JER AGAIN .. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.. OH SHE'S SO GONNA GET YOU... TOO FUNNY..
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Wait a min....if you are 10 how are you here? I thought according to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act you had to be 13 to join a public forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    Wait a min....if you are 10 how are you here? I thought according to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act you had to be 13 to join a public forum?
    hmmm.... good point, and well.....??????

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    I think you can join younger than 13 but you have to get a parents permission first, or lie about your birthday. I sort of remember filling something out to let slycooper join, but I also knew he wouldn't post much so it was ok with me.
    Maggie

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Basically, I've always taken to heart the sentiment that unless you're a professor and you're giving a lecture or you're a parent/guardian dealing with your child, you don't correct someone else's spelling nor grammar unless it was so mangled you genuinely have no idea what they were trying to say (as Gae had already stressed).

As far as lying about age goes, right or wrong--you've got to admit; there are much worse places in this online world that a kid could scam their way into. Besides, Walt himself pulled the same kind of stunt in order to get himself into the Red Cross Ambulance Corps back in WWI in order to do his part (no real bearing on the matter at hand, just some more useless trivia for anyone who cared).

lying about your age is a great thing when it comes to buying beer and cigarettes.. it's when they ask for proof is when it's bad.

i didnt lie about my age. i was born 1996. i will check right now. and thank you everyone for understanding.
    Got Disney?

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    One of my children's teachers would send emails back to me... corrected!
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by zcook9
    One of my children's teachers would send emails back to me... corrected!
    Bet ya she didnt get a nice "apple for the teacher" gift at the end of the year.

Suite, dont worry about your spelling too much. I am a grate spiller xcept when I am in a hurrie. LOL Pretty much my mind gets ahead of my fingers. I also tend to use internet abbreviations at times and my actual grammar and punctuation sometimes is made up as I go along. As long as your message gets understood by the masses, you are good to go.

Odd that this came up on here, because a local site message board I read had this same subject just this past week. Most of the people had the same thots as me in that if your idea comes across -good enuf. With the exception of one gentleman who said he would refuse to hire someone who posts on the site that has bad grammar online because they would be just as bad at work. My philosophy is that unless it is a business post and your spelling and grammar is passable--a chat room/ family posting site is a relaxed atmosphere where you shouldnt have to worry whether you missed one letter in a word or not. IN other words you cant judge a person on how they type in a non-business situation. I hope that makes sense. Anyway, just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    Bet ya she didnt get a nice "apple for the teacher" gift at the end of the year.

Suite, dont worry about your spelling too much. I am a grate spiller xcept when I am in a hurrie. LOL Pretty much my mind gets ahead of my fingers. I also tend to use internet abbreviations at times and my actual grammar and punctuation sometimes is made up as I go along. As long as your message gets understood by the masses, you are good to go.

Odd that this came up on here, because a local site message board I read had this same subject just this past week. Most of the people had the same thots as me in that if your idea comes across -good enuf. With the exception of one gentleman who said he would refuse to hire someone who posts on the site that has bad grammar online because they would be just as bad at work. My philosophy is that unless it is a business post and your spelling and grammar is passable--a chat room/ family posting site is a relaxed atmosphere where you shouldnt have to worry whether you missed one letter in a word or not. IN other words you cant judge a person on how they type in a non-business situation. I hope that makes sense. Anyway, just my opinion

lol
    Got Disney?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast