Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Results 1 to 10 of 10
General Discussions Discuss Where can I get a Donald Duck Cake by Sunday?!?! in the Community Center forums; Hello gang! This weekend is Father's Day and my dad is a big fan of Donald Duck. I was wondering if any of you knew where I can get a ...
  1. #1
    gator717's Avatar
    gator717 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    251

    Question Where can I get a Donald Duck Cake by Sunday?!?!

    Hello gang! This weekend is Father's Day and my dad is a big fan of Donald Duck. I was wondering if any of you knew where I can get a Donald Duck shaped cake (like of Donald's head) or a cake decorated with Donald Duck. If you don't know about cakes, how about cookies?!?! Thanks!!!
    UF Alumni: '04 BABA, '06 MAB

  2. #2
    GrumpyDude's Avatar
    GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    Posts
    5,646
    a bakery?

    is this a trick question!?

    can i have World War II history for $800?

  3. #3
    DisneyFREAK91's Avatar
    DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Celebrating the future, hand in hand.
    Posts
    4,457
    Hmmm. Not sure of many. Oh wait you live right by me ok let me see if I have specific bakeries. *Eyes Gators avatar* Grrrrrrr.

    Fine even though you're not a UM fan I'll help.

    Try Artistic Cakes in Miami - Phone - (305) - 229 - 1005
    Remember, Dreams Come True!









  4. #4
    gator717's Avatar
    gator717 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    a bakery?

    is this a trick question!?

    can i have World War II history for $800?
    LOL...unfortunately here in Gainesville, Fl we don't have too many of those. There is one specialty bakery but they rip you off. I was thinking some along the lines of maybe Publix?!?!
    UF Alumni: '04 BABA, '06 MAB

  5. #5
    gator717's Avatar
    gator717 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91
    Hmmm. Not sure of many. Oh wait you live right by me ok let me see if I have specific bakeries. *Eyes Gators avatar* Grrrrrrr.

    Fine even though you're not a UM fan I'll help.

    Try Artistic Cakes in Miami - Phone - (305) - 229 - 1005
    Don't get me started on UM ! I'm orginally from Miami but I'm in Gainesville and my parents are traveling up here for the weekend. I'll definitely keep your suggestion in mind for future events!!Thanks.
    UF Alumni: '04 BABA, '06 MAB

  6. #6
    disneydame2004's Avatar
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    5,677
    If there is an in-store bakery, Publix probably can do it for you . You may have to bring a picture for them to copy, and they will draw it on the cake. Most of the supermarket bakeries here can do it.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator




    Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

  7. #7
    vixen101485's Avatar
    vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,948
    If one of the local supermarkets have the machinery....try doing an edible image. Because Donald is a licensed character a lot of bakeries wont actually draw him on but can get around the copyright by only charging you for an edible image. Had the problem for a My Little Pony cake last year. Just bring them in a pic and tell them what colors you want as trim. If you have a pic of your dad too try to see if they can combine dad's pic and Donald's on the cake. BUT DONT WAIT....bakeries get very busy on the weekends go VERY early Friday morn to order it for Sunday.

    HMMM just gave myself an idea for the little one's dad (the BF) who is also a Donald freak. I have a pic of him and the duck together. Was wondering what to get him-not like he needs the sweets but he will get a kick out of it.

  8. #8
    kylewhit89's Avatar
    kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,655
    i didn't read anything above so if i am repeating ..........sorry!
    }
    if you go to your local grocery store chances are that they have a machine that can take and ordinary photo and transfer it to an edible wafer and they can put that on the cake

    or if they actually have any decorations tghat are themed to what you are looking for then there you go!!


    have a wonderful day!!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney



  9. #9
    nick.jeschke's Avatar
    nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,045
    Publix could do it. Cool cake idea too!

  10. #10
    Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    25,990
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    If one of the local supermarkets have the machinery....try doing an edible image. Because Donald is a licensed character a lot of bakeries wont actually draw him on but can get around the copyright by only charging you for an edible image. Had the problem for a My Little Pony cake last year. Just bring them in a pic and tell them what colors you want as trim. If you have a pic of your dad too try to see if they can combine dad's pic and Donald's on the cake. BUT DONT WAIT....bakeries get very busy on the weekends go VERY early Friday morn to order it for Sunday.

    HMMM just gave myself an idea for the little one's dad (the BF) who is also a Donald freak. I have a pic of him and the duck together. Was wondering what to get him-not like he needs the sweets but he will get a kick out of it.
    Hey Vix, let me know how that turned out if you do it and too bad your camera is still on the fritz, I'd love to see The Donnie on a cake!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •