Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Mouse ears dress up for 'Pirates' in the Community Center forums; Mouse ears dress up for 'Pirates' Scott Powers Sentinel Staff Writer June 20, 2006 Now all those Mickey Mice can dangle hoop earrings from their big, round ears. In a ...
    Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

Mouse ears dress up for 'Pirates'

Mouse ears dress up for 'Pirates'

Scott Powers
    Sentinel Staff Writer

June 20, 2006

Now all those Mickey Mice can dangle hoop earrings from their big, round ears.

In a tie-in with the upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest movie, the Walt Disney Co. is releasing a pair of its iconic ears fashioned for a Mickey Mouse pirate and a Mickey Mouse pirate princess. Both sport a hoop dangling from the left ear.

The hats are the latest in a rapidly generating, new line of multicolored, decorated versions of the old standby. For 50 years, the ears came with the same color palette that Henry Ford used to insist on for his cars: black. No more.

Think faux fur ear hats. Princess ear hats with lacey veils. Tinker Bell ear hats. Ear hats with stars for the Fourth of July.

Disney first started messing with the traditional version last year as part of the company's "Happiest Celebration on Earth." People loved them, so in recent months more and more versions have been introduced, said Dara Trujillo, Walt Disney World's manager of merchandise franchise and synergy.

But Mickey Mouse with an earring?

"We are so 2006," Trujillo said.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I can't figure out what a Tinker Bell ear hat would look like!

I plan on getting two plain black ear hats with my two boys names embroidered on them next time I'm there. Classic. I had a pink one as a kid.

I'd still like to see what the ear hat looks like with the pirate earring though.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Check out the selection at the Laughing Place Store: http://www.laughingplacestore.com/Ca...RC-321-P-1.asp

Tink ears are #29, and there are a couple of different pirate styles
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Thanks Pat, so it's a regular ear hat but Tink themed. I really like the Pirate ear hat, I might have to get one of those as well, my 4yr old would love it!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I love number 16..the pirate ears headband.

Might have to get those for Allentown.