Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
General Discussions Discuss Rock Star Supernova in the Community Center forums; That is funny, I really DON'T like Lukas. He just seems so fake to me and has no connection with the audience. All his performances are duplicates as he has ...
    GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    That is funny, I really DON'T like Lukas. He just seems so fake to me and has no connection with the audience. All his performances are duplicates as he has the same moves and looks he repeats over and over. Plus his voice just gets on my nerves. I think Magni will be gone tonight.
    Dilana did a great job with Roxanne last night, I was impressed with that, but I still think she is limited.
    But Toby rules all the way! He has the talent, the looks and the humour, not to mention a great connections with the audience. And did I mention that he is hot?
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
    That is funny, I really DON'T like Lukas. He just seems so fake to me and has no connection with the audience. All his performances are duplicates as he has the same moves and looks he repeats over and over. Plus his voice just gets on my nerves. I think Magni will be gone tonight.
    Dilana did a great job with Roxanne last night, I was impressed with that, but I still think she is limited.
    But Toby rules all the way! He has the talent, the looks and the humour, not to mention a great connections with the audience. And did I mention that he is hot?

Um....won't they all be gone tonight except for the one they choose? Tonight is the finale isn't it???

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    Um....won't they all be gone tonight except for the one they choose? Tonight is the finale isn't it???

Yes, Ms Smart Alec!!! HOWEVER!!!! (my word of the day), they will do an elimation from the bottom 2 vote getters first - THAT IS WHAT I MEANT!!! pppttthhhh

HOWEVER.....you didn't state that clearly enough! HOWEVER....I do understand your position at this time.

And BTW....that's MRS. Smart Alec to you!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Off Topic: I am assuming that since you are here posting that jury duty was called off?

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    And BTW....that's MRS. Smart Alec to you!

Just to me, or everyone else too?

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    Off Topic: I am assuming that since you are here posting that jury duty was called off?

Called last night for reporting instructions and received this recording "you are not required to appear at this time, please call back after 6 PM on Friday, September 15th" I LOVE hearing that recorded message and I hope I continue to hear the same thing for the next 2 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
    Just to me, or everyone else too?

Just to you Miss Smarty Pants

I am so angry....

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!! Rock on Lukas!!!!! I just loved that my favorite won and that my favorite 3 from the beginning were the last 3 standing.

I was surprised that Toby picked the song he did to sing last night...I didn't think it was his best of the season. I really think that the band had already made a decision who they were going to pick even though they said they needed to go to another commercial to discuss it one last time. Give me a break. Dillana was not happy. She looked like she was ready to spew hate juice all over the stage! At least she smiled and her eyes lit up after Gilby announced that he would be willing to write and produce on her first album. She really is great and I have no doubt that she will have a career!

I will probably regret asking this...but why do you hate Lukas so much? He obviously has a lot of fans, including the most important ones....Supernova!

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    My biggest problem with Lukas is his voice and his stage presence. He looks drunk when he is stumbling around on stage, always approaches the microphone with the same "hip out to the right" stance and you really can't understand him when he sings. Even when he sang songs that I know, I couldn't make out the lyrics. He just slurs his words WAY too much. I also am not a fan of the whole "I just put a box of rocks in my mouth and decided I'm a rock singer" voice thing. Plus I can't stand to WATCH him sing. The whole peaky-eyebrow think has got to go.

In my opinion, they should have picked Toby. He had the best voice of the final 3, the best stage presence of any of the competitors and his look was spot on for todays 1 or 2 hit song kind of bands.

I did not think that they would pick Magni just because of his connection with his family. They saw how upset he got when he saw his son wal for the first time in a video email.

And as much as I liked Dilana, picking her would have totally changed the dynamic, look and sound of the band. Imagine how different Evanasence would sound if it was fronted by a guy instead of Amy Lee. Song subjects would have to change. And even though she is a rock singer (now she is anyway) the whole look of the band wold have had to change. I didn't care for here gravely voice thing either, however, when she sang, she had a beautiful voice. If you want to hear whe she really sounds like go here and listen to one of her pop songs. She really does have a good voice.

Supernova isn't coming anywhere near Raleigh, but even if they were, I wouldn't buy a ticket now. If Toby, Magni, or Dilana would have been picked, I would have considered it.

Of course I'm Ofer when it comes to picking who will win RockStar. I thought INXS should have picked Marty last year and they went with JD. I just thought about something...JD is from Canada and Lukas is from Canada. Maybe that is the trick, you have to be a freaky kind of guy and also be from the frozen tundra of Canada! Just a thought in case you are thinking of trying out for next year's show.
    Last edited by ToddBreakey; 09-14-2006 at 06:45 AM.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Yea I am really NOT a fan of Lukas.. I was really wanting Dilana to win it.. I like her voice, her energy and her stage presence.. Now that lukas is their lead singer I will have to see how their music comes out but I doubt I will be a fan of this group.. They are not really my type..

To me Jason Newstand is kinda old and tiring when it comes to playing rock music.. But that is just my opinion...
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

I basically second everything Todd just stated.
    Lukas has this thing - you love or hate it about him - but to me, he is fake.
    If you watched his montage last night, you saw him make the same moves over and over again. He mumbles and I can't stand his stage "personae".
    Yeah, they are not coming to my town either. I would have traveled to see them with any of the other 3 in the top 4, but who cares now.
    And I think they picked Lukas from the beginning anyways, I mean, even in the commercials for the show, they focused on him.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678