Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Jeanne Check-in in the Community Center forums; Just as we have done with the last storms, use this thread to 'check-in' after the storm. The path was the almost the same as Frances. Well here is my ...
    TrendyMagic is offline On Mars

Arrow Jeanne Check-in

Just as we have done with the last storms, use this thread to 'check-in' after the storm. The path was the almost the same as Frances.

Well here is my quick report: Three known roof leaks (on a brand new roof), several palm trees were snapped in half this time (they took a beating last time), and had some plywood ripped off the house and sent via airmail. As with the last storms it was and still is raining shingles. Doing ok otherwise. Winds are still 30-50.

buzznut31 is offline Annual Passholder
    I really lucked out in this storm!!! I didn't lose any trees (I figure that all of the vulnerable ones were knocked down by Frances) , and not only that, even though I lost power at about 9:15 last night, I got it back at about 12:00 noon today!!!!! That was just sooooooooooooo great!!! Not having to wait the projected 3 weeks for the electricity to come back on!!! Wow!!!

I'll tell you, I was REALLY terrified last night, though. Hearing the howling winds of a Cat. 3 Hurricane is enough to make anyone scared!!! And then, since Jeanne used the same track as Frances did 3 wks ago, to wonder if there was going to be any water going into the house, YEESH!!!!!

All in all, everything turned out fine here in S. Palm Beach county.

If I have to go through another hurricane, I'll be ready for the Funny Farm!!!! Yeesh!!!!!
    Favorite Buzz Quotes: To Infinity and Beyond!!!!!
    Tell me I wasn't that deluded!!!

He's the Cutest, Handsomest character EVER!!!! :heart:

Quote Originally Posted by buzznut31
    If I have to go through another hurricane, I'll be ready for the Funny Farm!!!!
    You might consider the one that is run by the Muppets Gang. I hear it is a blast!

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    Hey all, doing ok. Lost a few small trees and lots of branches. Home is still intact but without power. Also, school is ok with no cancellations. Anyone know how WDW stood up to the storm. I haven't recieved the WDWEOC report due to no power. I'm at schol where I have power, but don't have my fax. If someone could update me. Thanks.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Happy to hear everone is doing (relatively) OK. I was fortunate to meet Jason on Friday night for Fantasmic! and am happy to hear that you made it through Jeanne OK. We got out just in time! (last flight out of Orlando - we left 40 minutes early!)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Glad to hear you made it out ok. I know your flight time was close to the end.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Florida Hurricane Relief Fund

Many Cast Members and their families are still recovering from the multiple hurricanes which have hit central Florida recently. If you'd like to help out financially, Walt Disney World set up a Cast Member Hurricane Relief Fund. To donate to this fund, send your check to:

Vista Federal Credit Union
    Attn: Cast Member Hurricane Relief Fund
    13705 International Drive
    South Orlando, FL 32821

You do NOT have to be a Cast Member or Credit Union Member to donate to this fund.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Jeanne is making her presence known in my area today.

Story, pictures, and video at:
    http://www.delawareonline.com/update...oconfirme.html
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Good to hear that everyone is doing pretty good. I hope for your sake that there are not too many more hurricanes at the strength of Frances and Jeanne. Take care and stay safe everyone.
    P.S. Keep WDW standing until I get there for Halloween!!!

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009