Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Cat Question/Help in the Community Center forums; So for about the last two months I have noticed my cat biting at one of her front paws. I didn't really think too much of it and I did ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

Cat Question/Help

So for about the last two months I have noticed my cat biting at one of her front paws. I didn't really think too much of it and I did not really see anything evident when looking at it. Lately though it has been really bad, she is constantly messing with it. (I am out of town during the weeks for right now so I only see her on weekends). Last weekend I looked closely and there was some crusted up blood. I let it go and thought maybe it was some kind of scratch and it would heal. Well it has gotten worse, she has bitten off some of the hair on top of her paw. It is really red. I am trying to get her into a vet but we just moved so I had not found one.
    I heard that if your cat is not up to date on shots that vets will not even look at them. My cat has not gotten shots since she was fixed and declawed. She is an indoor cat and while I was not trying to neglect her, I have talked to several people who say that if they are indoors the shots are not extremely necessary. Does anyone know if its true they will not look at her paw?
    Does anyone know the cost of these shots? Also has anyone else ever had this problem? Will it be treatable? I am worried about her and worried about trying to find a vet, especially since I am not in town during the week and my fiance can barely call me during work let alone take off work to take her. He just got promoted and is working very long hours.
    If anyone has any helpful information please let me know.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

sparky is offline Proud to be DWT's most inconsistent member!!!!
    hmmm, i would kill the cat!.i personally dont like them, theyre all EVIL!!

just kidding!
    dont know what to tell...
    (dont really kill the cat, i actually like cats..^sarcasm!)
    I , , !!!

http://www.policeny.com/thehousethebronx1.html

HEY DEB!! I HATE THE RULES AND I AINT FOLLOWING THEM!!!!

http://www.forgotten-ny.com/NEIGHBOR...d/norwood.html

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    It all depends on the shots that are required in your state. In TX the only shot my kitties have to have by law is Rabies. The others are my choice. I do them just on the off chance they escape they are not harmed by things outside.

You vet will look at the cat but also make you get the shots that are mandated by law in your area. I don't believe they are very much. I'd call around to different vets. I think there will be some low cost ones in the area if that is a concern. The ones that my kitty is required to get is not that much. Most vets will work out payment plans as well. I had to do that a lot in college.

Lots of vets will let you drop animals off. Then you FI could try to swing by and pick her up on the way home.

If the problem has been going on that long I'd take her to see a vet. I'm just paranoid that way. I'd rather deal with a small problem right now than let it become a bigger one. HTH
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Yes I am definately taking her, I just did not really realize it had been that long because I didn't notice it before. I am almost beginning to think that they did not declaw her properly before and that she has been biting at that.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    That could be it. Good thinking.

My kitties have their paws crossed that's she's ok!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Aww ty!

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    I could be a splinter that has become infected. Our cat got a small scratch on his leg and within a few days, his leg became horribly infected... they thought about amputation. Thet were able to save the leg but, he has a large indention in it where they had to remove all of the dead skin. It was gross...and smelled
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    I hope you cat gets better soon
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Oh gosh! Amputation! Now I am really scared.
    She has an appointment on Saturday at 8. Hopefully it doesn't cost too much.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    My dog is allergic to fleas.....could be a flea bite....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    My dog is allergic to fleas.....could be a flea bite....
    Somehow to me, a dog without fleas sounds like an oxymoron.

Anyways, hope your cat is alright.

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    My dog was always licking and biting at her front paw & I noticed it starting to get matted. At first, I thought it was just a nervous habit or something, but when I tuoched her paw, she winced. Turns out, she'd stepped on something and had a splinter type thing in her paw. So... it could be something as simple as a really uncomfortable sore. Either way, you're going to get some help with the vet appt.
    I sure hope your kitty is OK. Let us know !
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Okay, maybe your cat is neurotic. Don't laugh. Tinkerbell is a neurotic cat. She bites all the hair off of her front feet and licks all the hair off of her belly. I took her to the vet and we ran the gumut from steroids, to lotions, to soaps, etc. He finally just scratched his head and said, "She's just a neurotic cat." So she walks around with no hair on her paws and belly.

Maybe your kitty was just chewing on the hair and chewed too deeply. I would wash it well and put Neosporin on it. Keep an eye on it, and if it gets worse then definitely call the vet.
    They call me "Nana"

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    Okay, maybe your cat is neurotic. Don't laugh. Tinkerbell is a neurotic cat. She bites all the hair off of her front feet and licks all the hair off of her belly. I took her to the vet and we ran the gumut from steroids, to lotions, to soaps, etc. He finally just scratched his head and said, "She's just a neurotic cat." So she walks around with no hair on her paws and belly.

Maybe your kitty was just chewing on the hair and chewed too deeply. I would wash it well and put Neosporin on it. Keep an eye on it, and if it gets worse then definitely call the vet.
    HEY
    DOES "TINKERBELL" KNOW THAT YOU THINK SHE,S A PUSSYCAT & YOU THINK SHE,S NEUROTIC?

I Belle
    Maggie

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    Could Be Something Really Simple...like A Splinter In Her Paw.............hope You Get It Sorted Soon

I Belle
    Maggie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast