Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Yard sale finds!! :) in the Community Center forums; Well, just last night I was going to write a post to the board, kinda saying "Hey, how's everyone doing, long time since I've posted (tho I read), etc."..and now ...
    HomeofLove4Him is offline E-Ticket Holder

Yard sale finds!! :)

Well, just last night I was going to write a post to the board, kinda saying "Hey, how's everyone doing, long time since I've posted (tho I read), etc."..and now I actually have something interesting to write about, so as not to bore a bunch of people with some boring update about a person they probably don't even remember (me! )

I'm Tasha, and I was introduced to the board by Bonny (MommytoMJM) about a year ago. I'm married to my dh Jeff, and we have 4 children (5, 5, 3, & 1) We've been passholders for going on 3 years now, but we get season passes (instead of annuals) because we can't afford annuals for all of us! LOL So, that's the boring part

The interesting part of my update was my yard sale finds. This morning I found two collector's sets of trading cards....one is the "Limited Edition, 30th anniversary" set and the other is the "Collector's Edition 100 Years of Magic, Share a Dream Come True" set. Both sets are in the collector's tins, and only cost $2 each! Then I also got a "Disney's Magical Parade Collection, Limited Edition" coin, that comes in an enclosed acrylic case (says it's #0868 of 1000, and inspired by the Share a Dream Come True Parade), also for $2. Anyway, don't even know if anyone collects any of these or not LOL but I'm happy with them! Gotta find a book for my cards though.

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I love finding awesome Disney stuff at yard sales. Congrats on the find!! That is too cool!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    The most astounding thing I ever got from a garage sale was a house.

Yes, that is correct, I got a house. Not Disney related but anyway. We were driving around wasting time when DH drives by a place with a for sale sign but he was interested in something they had outside. He gets to talking, because he talks a lot, and began talking to the owner about the neighborhood and then eventually got around to how much he was asking for the house. It was within our price range. So he gets me out of the car and we begin to walk through it and it was a pretty nice house with decent rooms.

Long story short, by the end of that day, we had a contract on the house and two weeks later closed on it. So I bought a house at a garage sale.

SnwWht, woohoo! Are you still living in the house today?

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Yes- we are still here- It has been six years now!

Weird thing is...I don't really do yard/garage sales anyway!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    The old saying still holds true: "One man's trash is another man's treasure."
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Mini-V, yep! That's exactly what I told Bonny when I IMed her to tell her about my finds. I was like "These ppl don't know what they are throwing away" then quickly remembered "One man's trash..." Guess that saying is truer than I think! LOL

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Are you calling Gae's house "trash"? Just kidding....Gae, that is a cool story!

I used to live in an area famous for it's yard and garage sales, people would start circling at 6am waiting for the sale to start. Over the years I found a bunch of Disney things, personally I collect old Epcot and MK souvenirs (70s-80's stuff), trays, plates, candy dishes, glass coasters from all the "lands", ashtrays, guide books and postcards. Not sure what to do with the stuff, I just knew I needed to own it.

Suiteliferoxs is offline I'm back and im ready to post!
    thats so cool!
    Got Disney?

Tinker Bell...

Neat! I had no idea about all the things they had from the 70s til I got my 100 Years of Magic cards and had a chance to get just a glimpse at the neat things

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    What is on those cards? Now I am curious...I love the retro look of the items with the old Disney World logos.

Well, "100 Years of Magic" goes from 1901-2001.....and there are like 28 cards. So they have 'highlight years' basically. On each card is something, and a picture of it along with the year, and then you flip it over and on the back it talks more indepth about what was on the front, as well as just other info about that year (non-Disney things going on). So for instance...speaking of the 70s... we have a pic of the castle from 71, then on the back talks about opening day and how Walt Disney's brother Roy changed the name from Disney World to Walt Disney World, etc. Then I look at my Anniv. set, and I can see a picture of opening day , then 72,six new monorails, then 73 original POTC, then 74 something called Starjets, 75 Space Mountain, 76 something else, 77 Main Street Electrical parade picture and info, etc. I just like looking at them and reading about the old stuff.