Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss I Pods or MP3 players? in the Community Center forums; I am ready to finally get into listening to podcasts. Do any of you have any suggestions on which I should buy?...
    sjh801 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I Pods or MP3 players?

I am ready to finally get into listening to podcasts. Do any of you have any suggestions on which I should buy?
    Sandy

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    ipod
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    I agree. I love my pod!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

urmom1o1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    MP3 player ipods are total ripoffs!You can get an mp3 player 2 times as good for half the price.
    ~Welcome Foolish Mortals!~-Haunted Mansion

http://www.doombuggies.com/home/htm

Disneybratt is offline Fastpass Holder
    Well, are you going to use it for mostly podcasts? If that is the case an iPod would be your best bet. If you are going to be using it for music as well then I would suggest a Creative Zen Microphoto which holds 8GB of music and photos, and includes an organizer, microphone, FM tuner, and a recorder. Also, when it comes to long term use with the iPod if the battery stops working then you have to send it out to fix it. With the Microphoto you just need to purchase a new Lithium Ion battery. If you like to have alot of acessories to go with an iPod would have more. iPods are compatable with both Macs and PCs, but can only use iTunes to recieve music. While the Zen is only Pc compatable but can use Windows Media 10, Wal Mart music store, and Rhapsody to go. Remember to do plenty of research before buying something like an mp3 to get the best thing for you.
    *~*Stephanie*~*

Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have a Sansa Sandisk. It has 2 gb. With the 2 gb, you can get about 250 mp3 files, OR about 400+ WMA files (files you transfer from your computer). You can get one with 4 gb or 56 mb-I think. I love it-the earbuds that come with are wonderful, and it runs 19 hours of playback on one AAA battery. The only thing I don't like about it, and I mean the ONLY thing, is that when you transfer complete CD's, it puts the songs in alphabetical order. It even has a stopwatch, equalizer (most do have these, however), and a recording microphone! I used it on the Haunted Mansion, but quickly put it away when they stopped the ride-I got scared-lol. I hope you find one that suits you!
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...