Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Ever have one of those years....... in the Community Center forums; Hi all it has been on heck of a year here; between my wife getting diagonsed with breast cancer and all the regular stuff that happens in a typical year. ...
    rxpeje63 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Ever have one of those years.......

Hi all it has been on heck of a year here; between my wife getting diagonsed with breast cancer and all the regular stuff that happens in a typical year. It feels like one of those times that you just need to say what the heck and enjoy your life as it is. anyone else feel like this?????
    Last edited by rxpeje63; 08-08-2006 at 12:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." W.D.
    DH DS(17) DD (14)DD(10) Chewbacca(4)
    Han Solo(3)
    DW 8/1/62 - 9/4/10

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    I am so sorry to hear about your wife. A good friens of mine just turned 40 and found out a couple of days later that she had breast cancer. I have seen her go through her chemo and radiation and she is still the bright and out-going person that she has always been.

Prayers and to you and your family.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm sorry to hear about your wife. I'll be praying for her.

I know what you mean about "one of those years." In 18 months from 2004 to 2005, I lost both of my grandmothers (one to brain cancer, one to Alzheimer's), My wife lost both of her grand parents (One to bone cancer and one to Alzheimer's), my aunt was diagnosed with Breast cancer (given 6 months to live and she is still kicking!!!) and my Mom was diagnosed with Renal (Kidney) Failure and is still awaiting a transplant.

I'll add your wife to my growing list of prayer concerns. Let her know that your DWT family is thinking about her.

Here's hoping for a 2007 with nothing but good news!!!!!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

Suiteliferoxs is offline I'm back and im ready to post!
    I'm so sorry about your wife. But yes sometimes it's good to just say Hey what the heck this is my life i should like it. But i don't blame you for feeling a little crazy.
    Got Disney?

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Yes, I am sure we all have those "years", but I am sorry it has happened to your family, it is unfair.

When I had a tough time, (in one year, I got a bad staph infection, was in a near-death car accident, my parents split up, my dad cleaned out my family's bank account, my Uncle killed himself...etc) I wondered, "why me?" and the only answer I found was life is full of tests-you can't control what happens, but you CAN control how you deal with it, and become stronger.

We're here to listen.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!