Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Tony Jay has died :( in the Community Center forums; taken from http://poetsonbroadway.com/1Intro.htm Veteran Royal Shakespeare Actor and Voice artist Tony Jay having been in critical condition following micro surgery at Cedar Sinai Hospital, in April, loses long fight to ...
    The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior

Tony Jay has died :(

taken from http://poetsonbroadway.com/1Intro.htm

Veteran Royal Shakespeare Actor and Voice artist Tony Jay
    having been in critical condition following micro surgery
    at Cedar Sinai Hospital, in April, loses long fight to recover.
    In April 2006, Tony Jay was admitted to Cedar Sinai Hospital
    for micro surgery to remove a non cancerous tumor
    from his lungs. In recovery his vital signs became critical and since April through strength and determination he began to recover both his breathing and mobility. Although it was a possibility that he might have been able to return home, in the next few months, on Sunday Tony Jay was unable to realize that dream. He is survived by his wife Marta and his son Adam, who follows in his fathers footsteps in the field of Acting.

Tony Jay leaves a vast legacy of work in television, voice and film, with appearances with Arnold Schwartzenegger, Danny Devito, Woody Allen, Karl Malden, Kim Bassinger, Dan Ackroyd to name a few. His television performances include Beauty and the Beast (as the arch-villain Paracelcus), Golden Girls, Murphy Brown, Hunter, Bob Newhart, Night Court, Star Trek, Lois and Clark, Sisters and recently Burning Zone. His work in voice acting includes Mighty Max, Bruno the Kid, Tale Spin, Savage Dragon, Reboot and many more. His role as Judge Frollo in Disney's "Hunchback of Notre Dame", a role that has been been critically acclaimed as "probably the best Disney villain to date".

His recent self produced CD "Poets on Broadway" revealed his passion for the Broadway musical with his voice guiding the lyrics of some of the greatest Broadway songs, accompanied by his own arrangements, played by himself.

He will be laid to rest on Saturday, August 19, 2006 at Forest Lawn Memorial Park Hollywood, California.

For those that don't know (or didn't read above) he was the voice of Judge Claude Frollo in Hunchback of Notre Dame, the Narrator in Treasure Planet, Shere Khan in the Jungle Book 2, House of Mouse, and Talespin, the Magic Mirror in House of Mouse, Wraith from the Mighty Ducks, and Monsieur D'Arque from Beauty and the Beast, with a lot of other roles found here: http://imdb.com/name/nm0419645/

I'll miss him, he was quite a benefit to the voice acting industry.
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    So sad. It seems like a lot of the Disney legends have died the past couple of years, but I guess it's just the natural cycle of life.

Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    How sad.
    RIP.

Vegitabeta is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Oops, I just posted a new thread for this...
    "The Immortal Captain Jack Sparrow." It has such a lovely ring to it...-Captain Jack Sparrow
    Disneyland Resort Paris trip report and photos: Here

MousePad and Magical Mountain Member