Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Disney Visa Card in the Community Center forums; This might be a silly question but I have been told I need a credit card and I was just wondering if the Disney Visa is as good as it ...
    jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder

Disney Visa Card

This might be a silly question but I have been told I need a credit card and I was just wondering if the Disney Visa is as good as it looks???
    Eric

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    So far, I've heard some really good things about it, especially for Disney fans (like us), as far as rewards, perks, etc.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Best Features:
    6 months no interest on select Disney vacation packages charged to the card (minimum # of nights and must include park tickets).
    Earn $1 in Disney rewards dollars for every $100 spent - anywhere and on just about anything. Rewards dollars can then be transfered to a rewards card (like a gift card) and spent at Disney resorts, theme parks, Disney stores and Disneystore.com.
    No annual fee
    Right now, 12 months 0% interest for new sign ups - check around for other sign up offers. Some offer $25 disney dollars, or special merchandise.
    Special discount codes for travel packages - usually the prices are the same as the advertised to the public discounts, but you get extras like $25 Disney Dollars.
    Special merchandise offers, like exclusive pins, watches, and other stuff.
    Newsletter with more offers.

Bad side - interest rate starts at 11.4% variable APR and goes up to 17% if your credit isn't so good, after the introductory period ends. If you carry balances, there are lower interest rates out there.

I use my card for just about everything I buy, with the plan to pay it all off at the end of the month. To really add up the rewards points, if any of your regular monthly expenses allow you to automatically bill a credit card, use this card! For example, your cable bill, newspaper delivery, electric bill, telephone bill, online service, etc. But be careful not to let the balance you carry creep up too high, or you'll pay more in interest charges than you'll earn in rewards.

Using this strategy, I've racked up almost $450 since joining last year (and have already spent $400 of it on WDW trips. Sigh).

Here's a link to more discussion:
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...read.php?t=779

Plus, if you apply through the link on this site, you'll help Lou earn some dough to keep it up and running.
    Last edited by disneydame2004; 10-14-2004 at 03:52 PM. Reason: forgot something
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004

I use my card for just about everything I buy, with the plan to pay it all off at the end of the month. To really add up the rewards points, if any of your regular monthly expenses allow you to automatically bill a credit card, use this card! For example, your cable bill, newspaper delivery, electric bill, telephone bill, online service, etc. But be careful not to let the balance you carry creep up too high, or you'll pay more in interest charges than you'll earn in rewards.

I agree. I'm finding myself saying that a lot with your posts Pat!

This is a great way to take advantage of any credit card reward program, whether you are earning Disney stuff, free gas, airline miles, etc.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    the rewards are good for a long time

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thanks for all the info. You guys are great.
    Eric

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    Greatest credit card...EVER! I've got about 150-200 reward points and I'm saving up for an annual pass which I'll get next fall when I move down to FL. I love the perks you get with this card and the LE items offered. Just recently (not sure if it's still going on now or not), but Disney's Dream Auciton was going on and cardmembers were able to bid on once-in-a-lifetime opportunities and other unique items. If you're not a member yet, SIGN UP NOW! Do it on here though so you can help Lou and the site out.

Thanks for listening and have a zip-a-dee-do-da day!
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

akur is offline 82 miles to WDW!

visa

I like it. I've used it a bit and gotten $50 in rewards, and used them all over the place. Plus, it makes me smile everytime I take it out to pay.
    Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    My boss [soon to be ex or part-time boss, when I start my new job] (who I found out is almost as big a fanatic as I am) has one and swears by it. It's paid for nearly all his WDW vacations since he's got it - but he puts many small business expenses on it, as well as those for the addition he's putting onto his house (a slew of brand new windows == a night or two in the hotel, it seems)

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    I just got my rewards card in time for Disney next week. It was so easy to transfer my reward dollars and I can't wait to spend my $81.00 there......Really, it has a great online site.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    I just put over $3000 in the past two days on my Disney Visa. Add that to the rest of my points I have right now and I should have my AP within a couple weeks. Oh, and I'm going back to the World December 1-4!!! Unforuntalely, I only get the 3rd and 4th at WDW. I'm doing MK on the 3rd and Epcot on the 4th. I can't wait as it's going to be great. THEN, I get to come home to my girlfriend Melissa and take her to Disney's "On The Record" which is their new Broadway Musical in Chicago. I felt that seeing it on Walt's 103rd birthday would be extra special. It's going to be awesome, I LOVE DISNEY!

Scott
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star