Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss 9/11 - Five Years On. in the Community Center forums; When I got home from school the DW and I watched TV for the rest of the day wondering what was going to happen next....
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    When I got home from school the DW and I watched TV for the rest of the day wondering what was going to happen next.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 09-11-2006 at 10:39 AM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

In Memory:

Photo One

Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

In Memory:

Photo Two

Rich

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Wonderful photos Rich!
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Quote Originally Posted by butlers View Post
    Wonderful photos Rich!

Just a little search I did earlier.
    Rich

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    5 years later and it still makes me cry...(going to get tissues now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    5 years later and it still makes me cry...(going to get tissues now.)
    You and me both....

Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    Just a little search I did earlier.
    I figured that's what you did, but still wonderful, nonetheless.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I recieved this from a game site I belong to...hopefully it will link correctly

http://slingo.com/fork/911.php

Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post
    I recieved this from a game site I belong to...hopefully it will link correctly

http://slingo.com/fork/911.php
    Vix, i was just watching this on CNN, as well as doing a live coverage

Last edited by butlers; 09-11-2006 at 01:10 PM.

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    I can still remember the day like it was yesterday. I had just gotten back to my dorm room from one of my college classes when I got a call from a friend that worked at Logan airport as a plane refueler. He said "Are you watching the news right now?" I said no I just got in from class.. He was like you need to turn on the news. As soon as I did that the second plane was flying into WTC 2. I could not believe what I was seeing. I just dropped to my knees and couldnt say a word. As soon as my roommates got sent back from class we all sat holding eachother and praying for those that were going through this pain.

I then received a call from my mom saying pack a bag I will be at your school in 20 minutes.. Sure enough my mom made record time to my school and had me home in record time. She wanted to have her whole family at home to know we were all safe and sound. We all cried that night because we had a friend in building 1 we had yet to account for. We found out the next day he had just left building 1 before the plane crashed to go to a meeting in another building. We are very thankful for that.

I pray for all of the Americans we had lost that day and for the families and loved ones, that they too will find comfort in God's love during this hard time.

PSALM 1: 5-6

5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
    nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
    6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous,
    but the way of the wicked will perish.
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Ok, I was not going to post on this thread today, as it is a very emotional day. I am just touched by your stories and felt that I had to share mine.

I was working for this same company I work for today, however I worked in Investor Relations. While most of the people I worked directly with were in New Jersey, we had ****ysts that were in the towers and a building accross the street.
    That morning I was working as usual. My coworker was on the phone with her daughter, she had just gotten off the train at WTC and was heading to work and all of a sudden, all Sally heard was a big boom and then she was cute off.
    We spent the next 5 minutes trying to get her daughter back on the phone and we couldn't. Her son and daughter-in-law also lived in NYC, not too far from WTC, and we tried to call them too. You could not get a single line in the whole New York area.
    We tried to get on CCN.com and our internet was shut down. We ran into one of our director's offices where he had a tv and we watched as smoke billowed out of the tower. As we were watching, we saw another blip accross the screen and boom, the 2nd tower was hit. We could not believe what we saw. And the aftermath of it all, and I won't go into it, but I just couldn't believe it and it was right there in front of me.
    My mom called my office soon after that and told me she wanted me home RIGHT NOW! I work for a large communications company, and I work in Investing....so she was very worried. You could not believe my boss who said, I guess I won't count this against your time off if you go home. HELLO, Wallstreet was closed for the day, what exactly was I supposed to do?
    I went home, sitting in traffic for over an hour. I fought back tears as I thought of all those people. It also made me think of my position as Fire Warden for my floor in my building. Although it is not even close to the height of the towers, it made me think of all those people who give me a hard time come fire drill time. I take this job very seriously, and you know, I can't leave the floor until it is cleared.
    Please, whereever you are - take note of your emergency exits, you don't just need to know on a plane, but where ever you are!

My thoughts and prayers today are for all the people, the innocent people, that lost their lives that day - in new york, in washington and on a plane where they took the control back, but lost their lives in the process.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    Photo Two

THIS PICTURE SAIS IT ALL.
    OUR THOUGHTS & PRAYERS ARE STILL WITH EVERYONE WHO LOST LOVED ONES OR SUFFERED IN ANY WAY ON THIS TRAGIC DAY 5 YEARS AGO.
    WE WILL NEVER FORGET ....NOT ANY OF US.

I Belle
    Maggie

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    This also is a very difficult day for me. As a native New Yorker, I grew up looking at that gorgeous skyline. Never again will I gaze upon it's beauty and not think of that tragic day.

It started for me with a phone call. My Husband was in transit to the WTC that morning to deliver and set up two computers for the Port Authority. He did not work in Manhattan, but on Long Island - he was looking forward to visiting the towers that morning, he had not been to them for a few years. His boss had called me and woke me up with the phone, he asked if Steven was home, and I told him no, he is on the way into the city. Click - he hung up on me (at the time I was ****** - how rude can you be) in hindsight, I realize that it was for his concern for my husband and from what I am told he immediately called Steven on his cell phone.

Right after he hung up on me, my phone rang again - this time it was my girlfriend asking me if I was watching the news. I quickly turned it on, and saw that the second plane had hit the tower. All breath was gone from my lungs - as I was not sure what time my Husband's meeting was for. I hung up with her, and as I was about to pick up the receiver to call my Husband, the phone rang - it was him. He fortunately was stuck in traffic, and never made it into the city. Thank God!!

My son was two months shy of turning two years old - in his two years, he NEVER woke up crying - that morning he did - it was the most bizzarre thing. The only explanation I have is that he sensed my distress.

Like most Americans, and many people throughout the world, I watched in stunned silence as the day unfolded. I have a cousin who is a FDNY Firefighter - his company is in lower Brooklyn. They were some of the first responders. I had no idea of his fate until much later that day. He was fortunately on vacation that week, and was not able to get into the city util after the towers came down. His company lost many hero's that morning and there is no doubt in my mind that he would have been among them.

I count my blessings every day, for my life could have changed forever that morning, had these acts been carried out just one hour later.

As a native New Yorker, I grew up looking at that gorgeous skylilne. I used to roller skate and ride my bike over the bridge, head downtown and spend time on the WTC plaza. I mourn for all the souls lost that day, but part of me also mourns the loss of those two stunning buildings.

May God bless and keep all those that perished as a result of these heinous acts - and may he shed some light on those left behind.

Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

It is so thought provoking to here other peoples accounts of 9/11 - especially those who find it difficult to do so.
    Rich

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast